Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• KingProgdorKingProgdor Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Tea Party is quite an underrated band.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2230244 said:
    RO: Just listened to Big Puzzle by The Flower Kings. Pretty awesome stuff
    All their stuff is awesome Space Revolver is probably one of my favorites then Adam and Eve
    KingProgdor;2230785 said:
    The Tea Party is quite an underrated band.
    I agree with this
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Gowienczyk;2230600 said:
    Okay, I'm up and about to head out for my hiatus / adventure. You guys keep the forums just as cynical and arrogant without me!
    Bring me something back.

Also, thanks to watching the Boondocks I've rediscovered my love of the Fort Knox Five.
    edited April 2009
    What the hell is The Tea Party, genre-wise, anyways?

I just pin 'em as Modern Progressive Rock and call it good, but I could be wrong.
    edited April 2009
    KingProgdor;2230843 said:
    What the hell is The Tea Party, genre-wise, anyways?

I just pin 'em as Modern Progressive Rock and call it good, but I could be wrong.
    That sounds right, but there are some bands that you can never place a genre on because they dive into many of them (Melvins come to mind)
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    RO: While having Iron Man by Black Sabbath on a wish list/set list seems "obvious", the drums on it might be one the top 5 best songs for drums in the game. The variation, the not too hard but not too easy way about it. I think people would fight over who gets to play drums on it.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2231360 said:
    RO: While having Iron Man by Black Sabbath on a wish list/set list seems "obvious", the drums on it might be one the top 5 best songs for drums in the game. The variation, the not too hard but not too easy way about it. I think people would fight over who gets to play drums on it.
    Yes, especially Sabbath with all of Ward's crazy fills and change-ups (War Pigs and Faeries Wear Boots are standouts). Almost any song by the Who, Deep Purple, and Rush also fall into that category. Though some songs from those three can get into the realm of "too hard."
    edited April 2009
    Random Opinion/Response: I never liked Oasis at all. I only like their drummer, but that's mainly cos he plays with The Who and he's the son of a Beatle :D
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2231742 said:
    Random Opinion/Response: I never liked Oasis at all. I only like their drummer, but that's mainly cos he plays with The Who and he's the son of a Beatle :D
    Oasis has had about a billion drummers. The one you speak of was only in the band from 2004-2008.
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2231840 said:
    Oasis has had about a billion drummers. The one you speak of was only in the band from 2004-2008.
    Ohp, shows how much I know about a band that I hate
    edited April 2009
    I love Oasis. And to Gowie, we'll try.
    edited April 2009
    Random Opinion:
    Roine Stolt is a great frontman
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2232066 said:
    Random Opinion:
    Roine Stolt is a great frontman
    Yes, and according to his Wiki page, his influences are awesome
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2232717 said:
    Yes, and according to his Wiki page, his influences are awesome
    I would not trust Wiki for everything, but yes he has some great influences :D

Loved his Transatlantic work and The Tangent and of course The Flower Kings
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2232738 said:
    I would not trust Wiki for everything, but yes he has some great influences :D

Loved his Transatlantic work and The Tangent and of course The Flower Kings
    I love everything I've heard from the Flower Kings, didn't even know he was in Transatlantic, and never heard of The Tangent.

RO: Would? by Alice in Chains can't come soon enough...that's the only song I care about that's going to be in the new PSP game
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2232781 said:
    I love everything I've heard from the Flower Kings, didn't even know he was in Transatlantic, and never heard of The Tangent.

RO: Would? by Alice in Chains can't come soon enough...that's the only song I care about that's going to be in the new PSP game
    No love for the Jackson 5? :(
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2233080 said:
    The Jackson 5 are brilliant imo.
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2233245 said:
    The Jackson 5 are brilliant imo.
    Can't wait to get DLC from them here is hoping for a pack :D
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2233261 said:
    Can't wait to get DLC from them here is hoping for a pack :D
    They're up there with the best party music, because everyone knows it, and if you say you don't like it, I'd wager you're lying to look cool.
    edited April 2009
    never heard of The Tangent.
    =O
    edited April 2009
    never heard of The Tangent.
    :(

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Tangent
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2233080 said:
    that's the only song i'm interested in from the announcement... i'm apparently the only rock band player on this forum who doesn't like alice in chains.
    edited April 2009
    Easy as 1-2-3! Can not wait for that song.
    edited April 2009
    afterstasis;2233425 said:
    that's the only song i'm interested in from the announcement... i'm apparently the only rock band player on this forum who doesn't like alice in chains.
    I don't play the game, but I don't liek AiC either, can we be half-friends?
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    I was most psyched for ABC out of all of them. That will be epic to sing.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2233495 said:
    I don't play the game, but I don't liek AiC either, can we be half-friends?
    only if you can make it south carolina and get drunk enough to sing the roy orbison songs with me.

i was okay with a few AiC songs when i was younger (rooster's the only one i really remember), but despite my love for nirvana and a lot of the lesser known grunge bands could never get into these guys or STP or more than a handful of PJ's songs.
    edited April 2009
    afterstasis;2233557 said:
    only if you can make it south carolina and get drunk enough to sing the roy orbison songs with me.

i was okay with a few AiC songs when i was younger (rooster's the only one i really remember), but despite my love for nirvana and a lot of the lesser known grunge bands could never get into these guys or STP or more than a handful of PJ's songs.
    AiC, STP and PJ are all in my 'no' bag. Nirvana are a guilty-ish pleasure, and a few other grunge bands are great. Seattle in that time was awesome for a lot of reasons.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2009
    I'm inviting the flames to cook by saying this, but I am most excited for Miss Murder and What's My Age Again.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Would? and ABC FTW. The others are pretty mediocre/bad IMO. I'll probably still pick up Gasoline just because I used to be a big Audioslave fan. Maybe I'll pick up a few others, who knows.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Definitely getting Audioslave as well and also What's my age again. It would be funny to sing and I'd much rather play it on RB2 than GHWT.