Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Audioslave's inclusion means songs such as Cochise, Like a Stone, etc. are usable. Unlike what has been previously stated.
  • thesicklyillthesicklyill Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Protest The Hero is a very good band
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Random: I find the whole Christian rock/metal label to be pretty silly and pointless.
    edited April 2009
    Stained Class is probably my favorite Judas Priest album now.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2233080 said:
    No love for the Jackson 5? :(
    I like them, but not that song. And I haven't heard those Audioslave or Black Tide songs. And I've played that Freezepop song in GH2 already.
    Runesmith;2233739 said:
    I'm inviting the flames to cook by saying this, but I am most excited for Miss Murder and What's My Age Again.
    Yeah....I HATE those bands
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2234053 said:
    Stained Class is probably my favorite Judas Priest album now.
    It was nice knowing you...
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2233424 said:
    WTF am I listening to???? :confused:
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2234453 said:
    It was nice knowing you...
    ?
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2234531 said:
    ?
    Surely you can't have escaped the entire controversy around Stained Class...
    edited April 2009
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2234576 said:
    I have, apparently.
    That was the particular album that Priest were accused of having backmasked pro-suicide messages into after two fans tried to commit suicide, I think one survived and was somehow convinced to testify against the band.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    All the theories that bands hide messages in their songs are really stupid and unfounded 95% of the time.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2234620 said:
    All the theories that bands hide messages in their songs are really stupid and unfounded 95% of the time.
    That's fact.

Is it "I burried Paul" "I'm very bored" or Cranbury sauce", for example.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2234620 said:
    but 100% awesome when it does happen that 5% of the time.

If i was in an actual recording band i would do this regularly.
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2234682 said:

'Mad props to my homies in the Rock Band message boardssss!'
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2234589 said:
    That was the particular album that Priest were accused of having backmasked pro-suicide messages into after two fans tried to commit suicide, I think one survived and was somehow convinced to testify against the band.
    Oh yeah, the do it line.

Halford's response was priceless, something along the lines of "Do it could mean anything, from mowing the lawn, to doing your homework".
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2234682 said:

Yeah, it's definitely awesome when it's there, but it pisses me off when people try to argue subliminal messages are there when they really aren't.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Bill Hicks had a hilarious bit on the whole "Do It" thing.
    edited April 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2234670 said:
    That's fact.

Is it "I burried Paul" "I'm very bored" or Cranbury sauce", for example.
    It's cranberry sauce...still sounds freaky every time I hear it tho...I guess it's the weird backwards instruments and noises that spook me.

And yeah I remember that thing about Judas Priest, but I had forgotten that it was on that album. It was around the time when everyone was blaming all the bad things on rock n roll, specifically heavy metal, like they are with videogames these days. The boys were probably thinking about committing suicide and they were drunk anyway. The parents just wanted to put the blame on something/somebody.
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2234896 said:
    It's cranberry sauce...still sounds freaky every time I hear it tho...I guess it's the weird backwards instruments and noises that spook me.

And yeah I remember that thing about Judas Priest, but I had forgotten that it was on that album. It was around the time when everyone was blaming all the bad things on rock n roll, specifically heavy metal, like they are with videogames these days. The boys were probably thinking about committing suicide and they were drunk anyway. The parents just wanted to put the blame on something/somebody.
    I've always wondered why the kid testified against the band. I guess he was made to feel ashamed of his feelings and needed a scapegoat. Halford always expressed a great sadness about the kids themselves when asked about it, I think it really shook him up.
    edited April 2009
    That and he had a horribly disfigured face because he couldn't hold the shotgun correctly and probably wanted money to make himself feel better.
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2234958 said:
    That and he had a horribly disfigured face because he couldn't hold the shotgun correctly and probably wanted money to make himself feel better.
    'I may be disfigured, but if I sue Priest, I'll be rolling in pussy!'

Edit: Actually, given his wheelchair bound state, 'rolling' might be a cruel term to have chosen...
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2234933 said:
    I've always wondered why the kid testified against the band. I guess he was made to feel ashamed of his feelings and needed a scapegoat. Halford always expressed a great sadness about the kids themselves when asked about it, I think it really shook him up.
    The kid didn't testify. He successfully killed himself a couple years before the trial took place. It was the kids' parents. They probably noticed that the kids listened to Judas Priest a lot and thought they could blame them, sue them, then get a bunch of money from them...:(

And yeah, suicide is always a bad/sad thing, and those kids were Priest's fans. It would be tough to go through someone falsely accusing you for being responsible for the deaths of people
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2234967 said:

Edit: Actually, given his wheelchair bound state, 'rolling' might be a cruel term to have chosen...
    Rofl nice
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2234980 said:
    The kid didn't testify. He successfully killed himself a couple years before the trial took place. It was the kids' parents. They probably noticed that the kids listened to Judas Priest a lot and thought they could blame them, sue them, then get a bunch of money from them...:(

And yeah, suicide is always a bad/sad thing, and those kids were Priest's fans. It would be tough to go through someone falsely accusing you for being responsible for the deaths of people
    Whoops, you're right, the kids were dead. Five years after the event, two after the second kids death.
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2234967 said:

He OD'd on painkillers (coincidence that JP has a song entitled Painkiller) 3 years after the incident.

And the wheelchair comment made me lol, yup, I'm a horrible person.
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2235032 said:
    He OD'd on painkillers (coincidence that JP has a song entitled Painkiller) 3 years after the incident.
    Blaming someone for influencing a suicide is a horrible thing to do. They didn't sue the medical companies for making painkillers, or the gun companies... Urgh.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    I've only been listening to Madder Rose for a minute, but I'm really digging them.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2234461 said:
    WTF am I listening to???? :confused:
    That is The Tangent :D