Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2240359 said:
    Maybe it's just me, but it sounds more like a post-Black-Album-era Metallica rip-off than an Iron Maiden rip-off.
    Intro riff is ripped off from Maiden's "Wasted Years"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwB9zg7Tbx8
    Check it

RO : Bullet for my Valentine has actually improved from their previous material.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2240502 said:
    i'd hope so, considering the membership...
    Holy crap I didn't know Jon Lord was in Whitesnake...I need to check out more of their earlier stuff.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Runesmith;2240212 said:
    I don't consider the Scorpions hair metal, either. They were a bonafide heavy metal band, and very few of their songs were about typical hair metal subjects.
    That, and if they were Hair, they failed at the image, because they were incredibly ugly.

But made awesome music.
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2240381 said:
    The opening riff is actually directly ripped from a Maiden song, if I'm not mistaken.

Lyrically, it sounds like the writer had been listening to a lot of Enter Sandman.
    Overall though, the riffs kind of had that simplified, slightly thrashy tendency, and it's less prominent in the final mix, but in the Rock Band mix, the snare drum had a clanging sound not unlike that on Saint Anger.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2240527 said:
    Intro riff is ripped off from Maiden's "Wasted Years"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwB9zg7Tbx8
    Check it
    It's a bunch of teenagers playing NWOBHM inspired music, what more do you expect? It's nearly a rule of thumb.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2240530 said:
    Holy crap I didn't know Jon Lord was in Whitesnake...I need to check out more of their earlier stuff.

I think he meant this guy
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2240530 said:
    Fizzeler;2240521 said:
    I see what you did there ;)
    Fizzeler;2240560 said:
    i meant both Lord and Coverdale, plus Whitesnake originally (as David Coverdale band) had Roger Glover on bass

Ian Paice would later join the band as well later on
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    After listening to both Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV albums I've come to the conclusion...

Coheed outside of the albums pale in comparison to Coheed albums as a whole, seriously... I thoroughly enjoyed every song together in these past 2 hours.
    edited April 2009
    RO: Elements is my favorite Atheist album :D
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    There's quite a lot of bands with one permanent member.

Tony Iommi
    Ian Pace
    Robert Smith
    Steve Harris
    Dave Mustaine
    Chris Squire
    Billy Corgan
    Nick Mason
    etc.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2240621 said:
    After listening to both Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV albums I've come to the conclusion...

Coheed outside of the albums pale in comparison to Coheed albums as a whole, seriously... I thoroughly enjoyed every song together in these past 2 hours.
    I agree it works that way with Ayreon as well considering all of Ayreon's and Coheed's album both tell stories and all albums are interrelated I forget the book Coheed's albums are based off of though
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Ok somebody choose for me...

High and Mighty Color or Onmyoza

I can't decide now :\
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2240629 said:
    I agree it works that way with Ayreon as well considering all of Ayreon's and Coheed's album both tell stories and all albums are interrelated I forget the book Coheed's albums are based off of though
    The Armory Wars, which is written by Claudio, and if it were any more of a rip off of Star Wars it would be called the New Testament.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2240162 said:
    I completely agree. The bassist and guitarist are getting better, though. There are some standout items on Day and Age
    Joy Ride was pretty epic on all instruments.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2240527 said:
    RO : Bullet for my Valentine has actually improved from their previous material.
    Has he learned to count yet? :p

And I see that your post count was snubbed...
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    supernova1324;2241581 said:
    Has he learned to count yet? :p

And I see that your post count was snubbed...
    Not snubbed but Apples thought it would be a good idea to delete a thread...

It cut off about 3000 posts...

Oh well... at least it's not near as bad as Bood_boy....

He had 8108 posts.... he had 8 this morning /slowclap
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2241638 said:
    Not snubbed but Apples thought it would be a good idea to delete a thread...

It cut off about 3000 posts...

Oh well... at least it's not near as bad as Bood_boy....

He had 8108 posts.... he had 8 this morning /slowclap
    What thread?
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    supernova1324;2241684 said:
    What thread?
    WAYDRN both 1 and 2 :O

It's pretty sad when you contribute nothing more to the community other than spam (Bood's post count it was all in WAYDRN)
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2241697 said:
    WAYDRN both 1 and 2 :O

It's pretty sad when you contribute nothing more to the community other than spam (Bood's post count it was all in WAYDRN)
    Why would he do that just to make a 3rd one?
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Apples is now officially an *******.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    supernova1324;2241720 said:
    Why would he do that just to make a 3rd one?
    Well the second and first thread's die because of the sheer amount of posts in there.

Or the last minutes WTF I posted NOT talking about Japan or Prog....

So they made a third WAYDRN... and Apples deleted WAYDRN 1 and 2
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Muse's Starlight is a beautiful song both live and in studio.
    Rockbandfan23467;2241732 said:
    Apples is now officially an *******.

Does this make you the ******* handing out ******* titles? :p
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Back from the concert. Amazing show through and through. Unfortunately, Epicurean wasn't there (though their drummer filled in for Warbringer's since theirs had a broken arm), so Warbringer started. Like the first time I saw them with Finntroll, they were amazing live. Belphagor was also a blast to see. Exodus and Kreator obviously stole the night, though.

Gary Holt was a beast, going through so many long solos. Of course hearing to Exodus play "Bonded By Blood" is an epic experience as well as most of their other songs. And honestly, how can you stay out of the pit when you can learn "A Lesson In Violence" from the masters themselves?

Kreator didn't live up to their name. They didn't kreate, they destroyed the place. Definitely the best set of the night, their set was probably twice the size of Exodus's and they played through it amazingly. They played a great combination of new and old from "Pleasure To Kill" up to "Enemy Of God" and stuff off their new album as well. To quit headbanging was not an option.

Truly an awesome, energetic night.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2241888 said:
    Back from the concert. Amazing show through and through. Unfortunately, Epicurean wasn't there (though their drummer filled in for Warbringer's since theirs had a broken arm), so Warbringer started. Like the first time I saw them with Finntroll, they were amazing live. Belphagor was also a blast to see. Exodus and Kreator obviously stole the night, though.

Gary Holt was a beast, going through so many long solos. Of course hearing to Exodus play "Bonded By Blood" is an epic experience as well as most of their other songs. And honestly, how can you stay out of the pit when you can learn "A Lesson In Violence" from the masters themselves?

Kreator didn't live up to their name. They didn't kreate, they destroyed the place. Definitely the best set of the night, their set was probably twice the size of Exodus's and they played through it amazingly. They played a great combination of new and old from "Pleasure To Kill" up to "Enemy Of God" and stuff off their new album as well. To quit headbanging was not an option.

Truly an awesome, energetic night.
    I'd ask if you'd like to trade lives but I'd rather live in Japan than go to a Kreator concert :p

RO : My opinion is null and voice because I like Scream Aim Fire?
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2241962 said:
    I'd ask if you'd like to trade lives but I'd rather live in Japan than go to a Kreator concert :p
    You're making the wrong choice, I'm telling you :p
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2240560 said:
    I already knew that Coverdale was in Whitesnake, but I thought that that was the only member from Purple. Jon Lord is teh awesomez
    supernova1324;2241570 said:
    Joy Ride was pretty epic on all instruments.
    Hell yeah, I especially love the bass on that
    edited April 2009
    Cedric Bixler-Zavala said:
    Let's dance, rather than beat the **** out of each other...

I think it's a very very sad day when the only way you can express yourself is through slamdancing!
    That's the singer from The Mars Volta
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2242038 said:
    You're making the wrong choice, I'm telling you :p
    I know I am...

Oh well, at least I like a crap ton of good music to ya know outweigh that.
    edited April 2009
    RO: While I like Cynic's Focus album I kinda prefer Traced In Air, but Focus is still awesome :)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Really liking the new Silversun Pickups album. "Swoon" is such an appropriate name.