Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Cedric Bixler-Zavala said:
    Let's dance, rather than beat the **** out of each other...

I think it's a very very sad day when the only way you can express yourself is through slamdancing!
    That's the singer from The Mars Volta
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2242038 said:
    You're making the wrong choice, I'm telling you :p
    I know I am...

Oh well, at least I like a crap ton of good music to ya know outweigh that.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    RO: While I like Cynic's Focus album I kinda prefer Traced In Air, but Focus is still awesome :)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Really liking the new Silversun Pickups album. "Swoon" is such an appropriate name.
    edited April 2009
    RO: Looking forward to Chinese Democracy in the Rock Band Store gonna pick it up next time I get MS points
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2242888 said:
    RO: Looking forward to Chinese Democracy in the Rock Band Store gonna pick it up next time I get MS points
    I'm a little bit dissapointed. Since we're probably getting Nothing's Shocking to coincide with the release of the Jane's Addiction box set on the 21st, it means we'll be getting two albums in a row, and that we'll have to wait two weeks for another DLC surprise. And I love my surprises. :(
    edited April 2009
    Runesmith;2243272 said:
    I'm a little bit dissapointed. Since we're probably getting Nothing's Shocking to coincide with the release of the Jane's Addiction box set on the 21st, it means we'll be getting two albums in a row, and that we'll have to wait two weeks for another DLC surprise. And I love my surprises. :(
    then the week after Thenewno2 album (just thinking positively :D) at least they will announce the next batch of albums soon
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2241888 said:
    Back from the concert. Amazing show through and through. Unfortunately, Epicurean wasn't there (though their drummer filled in for Warbringer's since theirs had a broken arm), so Warbringer started. Like the first time I saw them with Finntroll, they were amazing live. Belphagor was also a blast to see. Exodus and Kreator obviously stole the night, though.

Gary Holt was a beast, going through so many long solos. Of course hearing to Exodus play "Bonded By Blood" is an epic experience as well as most of their other songs. And honestly, how can you stay out of the pit when you can learn "A Lesson In Violence" from the masters themselves?

Kreator didn't live up to their name. They didn't kreate, they destroyed the place. Definitely the best set of the night, their set was probably twice the size of Exodus's and they played through it amazingly. They played a great combination of new and old from "Pleasure To Kill" up to "Enemy Of God" and stuff off their new album as well. To quit headbanging was not an option.

Truly an awesome, energetic night.
    Wait, you were at the show at the Troc? If I didn't have a class on Thursday nights, I would have been there too. ARGH! DAMN PHYSICS LABS!

You going to any other Philly shows in the nearish future?
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2241888 said:
    Back from the concert. Amazing show through and through. Unfortunately, Epicurean wasn't there (though their drummer filled in for Warbringer's since theirs had a broken arm), so Warbringer started. Like the first time I saw them with Finntroll, they were amazing live. Belphagor was also a blast to see. Exodus and Kreator obviously stole the night, though.

Gary Holt was a beast, going through so many long solos. Of course hearing to Exodus play "Bonded By Blood" is an epic experience as well as most of their other songs. And honestly, how can you stay out of the pit when you can learn "A Lesson In Violence" from the masters themselves?

Kreator didn't live up to their name. They didn't kreate, they destroyed the place. Definitely the best set of the night, their set was probably twice the size of Exodus's and they played through it amazingly. They played a great combination of new and old from "Pleasure To Kill" up to "Enemy Of God" and stuff off their new album as well. To quit headbanging was not an option.

Truly an awesome, energetic night.
    Sucks that I have to miss that concert when it comes around to Vegas.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Ichirin No Hana by High and Mighty Color

This band has such a diverse sound and well wikipedia says their song "Ichirin No Hana" is Metalcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skz30r_nvHM

Metalcore or no?
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2244086 said:

This band has such a diverse sound and well wikipedia says their song "Ichirin No Hana" is Metalcore

Metalcore or no?
    Listening to it so far, I say yeah it could be metalcore. I'm not that great with genres though.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2244086 said:

Metalcore or no?
    Is bad an option?
    But in "modern music" it's metalcore. Five or six years ago it would have been labeled Nü Metal, which is probably slightly more accurate (though it has a breakdown and very metalcore solo).

Also, don't trust wikipedia for genre classifications.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2244086 said:

Metalcore or no?
    Sounds more numetal instrumentally than anything. Like Evanescence vocals over really crappy nonmelodious chords downtuned and then really crappy metalcore vocals and a really short uninspired solo which could be better if the other instruments could compliment it. Sounds like its really going for vocal hooks, which is definately a numetal thing.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244144 said:
    Sounds more numetal instrumentally than anything. Like Evanescence vocals over really crappy nonmelodious chords downtuned and then really crappy metalcore vocals and a really short uninspired solo which could be better if the other instruments could compliment it. Sounds like its really going for vocal hooks, which is definately a numetal thing.
    Yeah, good thing it's not like many of their other songs :|

I think it's the Bleach theme
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2244232 said:
    Yeah, good thing it's not like many of their other songs :|

I think it's the Bleach theme
    Bleach has a theme? Why?

And why a song that has nothing, as far as I can tell, to do with cleaning fabrics or other materials.
    edited April 2009
    RO: Ayreon's album has a great and interesting concept
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2244419 said:
    RO: Ayreon's album has a great and interesting concept
    Which one?
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244428 said:
    Which one?
    In theory they are all the same storyline, though The Human Equation really doesn't fit in aside of the last 20ish seconds.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2244401 said:
    Bleach has a theme? Why?

And why a song that has nothing, as far as I can tell, to do with cleaning fabrics or other materials.
    Umm.... Bleach http://indexdown.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bleach36.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2244459 said:
    In theory they are all the same storyline, though The Human Equation really doesn't fit in aside of the last 20ish seconds.
    I had a hard time not laughing through that one. I did like Akerfeldt and Townsend's vocals.
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244428 said:
    Which one?
    The entire concept of the band I was referring to
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2244504 said:
    The entire concept of the band I was referring to
    Gotcha. I just thought you meant one. I was like, ???.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244478 said:
    http://www.myspace.com/gimlibalrog

Now thats a fun band ;p
    Ah but I like the bassist in A Little Bitter better. :(
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244520 said:
    Gotcha. I just thought you meant one. I was like, ???.
    If I had to pick one favorite album is Into The Electric Castle
  • pokerguy94pokerguy94 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I don't like Slipknot. I hate Kid Rock. I hate pop. I hate rap.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2243792 said:
    Wait, you were at the show at the Troc? If I didn't have a class on Thursday nights, I would have been there too. ARGH! DAMN PHYSICS LABS!

You going to any other Philly shows in the nearish future?
    I'm planning on getting out to Torche at the TLA next week, but that probably won't happen since I need to do work and stuff first and look at colleges. Should be getting to Gojira on May 3rd and Mastodon on the 8th.

I'm lucky I even got to the show, since spring break fell on the right times for me. Usually can't get out except on weekends. Definitely tell me if you're going to any of those other shows, though.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    you need to see torche live, dude.