Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2244520 said:
    Gotcha. I just thought you meant one. I was like, ???.
    If I had to pick one favorite album is Into The Electric Castle
  • pokerguy94pokerguy94 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I don't like Slipknot. I hate Kid Rock. I hate pop. I hate rap.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2243792 said:
    Wait, you were at the show at the Troc? If I didn't have a class on Thursday nights, I would have been there too. ARGH! DAMN PHYSICS LABS!

You going to any other Philly shows in the nearish future?
    I'm planning on getting out to Torche at the TLA next week, but that probably won't happen since I need to do work and stuff first and look at colleges. Should be getting to Gojira on May 3rd and Mastodon on the 8th.

I'm lucky I even got to the show, since spring break fell on the right times for me. Usually can't get out except on weekends. Definitely tell me if you're going to any of those other shows, though.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    you need to see torche live, dude.
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    pokerguy94;2245058 said:
    I don't like Slipknot. I hate Kid Rock. I hate pop. I hate rap.
    Agreed on the first two, but those are some awful generalizations you're making there.
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2245499 said:
    Agreed on the first two, but those are some awful generalizations you're making there.
    Agreed I may extremely dislike rap as well, but like classic pop (as stated earlier my brother ruined modern pop for me :()
    edited April 2009
    afterstasis;2245464 said:
    Believe me, I really want to get out to that. I need money for tickets, though, and that's what my parents have control over (since I just got my driver's license). They probably wouldn't be willing to do anything unless I work my ass off and finish the work I need to get done during the break. I guess I'll have to do that, then, haha.
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I'm siting here listening to the leak of Heaven & Hell's new album The Devil You Know and I think I just blew a load... its frickin' insane.
  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Saw Torche live last month, was not impressed. They were unfortunately sandwiched between the far superior Kylesa and Baroness, so maybe alone they'd come off better, but they were pretty boring. Of course the new album did nothing for me, and that's mostly what they played from.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2245091 said:
    I'm planning on getting out to Torche at the TLA next week, but that probably won't happen since I need to do work and stuff first and look at colleges. Should be getting to Gojira on May 3rd and Mastodon on the 8th.

I'm lucky I even got to the show, since spring break fell on the right times for me. Usually can't get out except on weekends. Definitely tell me if you're going to any of those other shows, though.
    I'll likely be at both the Gojira and Mastodon/Kylesa/Intronaut shows (provided I get off my lazy butt to get to the TLA box office, no way I'm forking over $10 in service charges at Ticketmaster). I've already got tickets to the Lamb of God/Municipal Waste show next Sunday (E Factory), and I'm considering going to the one on May 9th as well, but I doubt you're gonna pay $35 to see Municipal Waste. :rolleyes:
    If I goto the May 9th show, it will be the 4th time I'll see Children of Bodom open for bands I care about a lot more than them.

Were you at the Carcass show?
    afterstasis;2245464 said:
    cdestey;2245893 said:
    Saw Torche live last month, was not impressed. They were unfortunately sandwiched between the far superior Kylesa and Baroness, so maybe alone they'd come off better, but they were pretty boring. Of course the new album did nothing for me, and that's mostly what the played from.
    I wasn't impressed when I saw Torche around a year ago. They too were sandwiched between better bands (Stinking Lizaveta and the Sword) and it definitely seemed like they were having an off night.
    edited April 2009
    cdestey;2245893 said:
    Saw Torche live last month, was not impressed. They were unfortunately sandwiched between the far superior Kylesa and Baroness, so maybe alone they'd come off better, but they were pretty boring. Of course the new album did nothing for me, and that's mostly what they played from.
    Mystlyfe77;2245929 said:

I wasn't impressed when I saw Torche around a year ago. They too were sandwiched between better bands (Stinking Lizaveta and the Sword) and it definitely seemed like they were having an off night.
    i actually think torche absolutely destroy three of those four bands (kylesa being the odd one out)...

then again, i love torche's recorded work and am a longtime floor fan.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited April 2009
    afterstasis;2245984 said:
    i actually think torche absolutely destroy three of those four bands (kylesa being the odd one out)...

then again, i love torche's recorded work and am a longtime floor fan.
    I had high hopes for the Torche show. I'm not a big fan of their recorded material, but a friend told me they were good live, so I went in there hoping that I'd like it. But they just didn't pull it off for me (and it didn't help that their guitarist fell off the monitors and landed on the drums or that they had to restart a song twice before just giving up on it). I really wanted to like the show, but I just couldn't.
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2246000 said:
    I had high hopes for the Torche show. I'm not a big fan of their recorded material, but a friend told me they were good live, so I went in there hoping that I'd like it. But they just didn't pull it off for me (and it didn't help that their guitarist fell off the monitors and landed on the drums or that they had to restart a song twice before just giving up on it). I really wanted to like the show, but I just couldn't.
    it sounds like they were quite wasted.

the first time i saw them they were obviously pretty toasted, but still apparently sober enough to completely rule (and their lead guitarist was the star of the show in my opinion).
  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2246000 said:
    You know, they seemed to have problems getting started when I saw them too. They stopped halfway through the first song, presumably for some technical reason, and then started over. How embarrassing.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I think My Chemical Romance is horrible. I also think that the pop music from this decade is horrible.

I think American Idiot is Green Day's worst album. I think their songs from the 90's are amazing and I was heavily dissappointed with it.

I think Bloc Party hasn't made one bad album yet.

I think Lil' Wayne is easily one of the worst rappers of all time. Like seriously, A Milli? Are you serious? That song reminds me of the scene in Superman where Gene Hackman unleashes the frequency and all of the dogs start barking and freaking out, and the scene in Robin Hood: Men In Tights, when the knights with clanking armor come into the ballroom/dining room and King John says, "I hope it's worth all the NOISE!"

That said, I think Jay Z is one of the best rappers of all time. Kingdom Come and the Black Album are both incredible albums.

That's it. Every opinion I said begins with "I think."
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246095 said:

I think Bloc Party hasn't made one bad album yet.
    I think Bloc Party has made two and a half really, really good albums and half a really bad one.
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2246123 said:
    I think Bloc Party has made two and a half really, really good albums and half a really bad one.
    What's the half that's bad?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2242888 said:
    RO: Looking forward to Chinese Democracy in the Rock Band Store gonna pick it up next time I get MS points
    i can't wait either, and i called that we were getting it earlier this week
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2245860 said:
    I'm siting here listening to the leak of Heaven & Hell's new album The Devil You Know and I think I just blew a load... its frickin' insane.
    Sweet will be an insta buy for me then :D
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2246652 said:
    i can't wait either, and i called that we were getting it earlier this week
    I call You Are Here coming to us the 28th this month and Nothings Shocking next week as well as the next batch of announced albums (here's hoping for YES)
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246250 said:
    What's the half that's bad?
    I really don't like the second half of A Weekend in the City. The first half is great, but on the second half, they just seem to lose their way.
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2246800 said:
    I really don't like the second half of A Weekend in the City. The first half is great, but on the second half, they just seem to lose their way.
    I have to admit, about 1/4 of the songs are slow and weird.
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246842 said:
    I have to admit, about 1/4 of the songs are slow and weird.
    Slow and weird isn't a bad thing necessarily, they just didn't do it right on that particular album. They got the slow and weird songs down on Intimacy.
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2245929 said:
    I'll likely be at both the Gojira and Mastodon/Kylesa/Intronaut shows (provided I get off my lazy butt to get to the TLA box office, no way I'm forking over $10 in service charges at Ticketmaster). I've already got tickets to the Lamb of God/Municipal Waste show next Sunday (E Factory), and I'm considering going to the one on May 9th as well, but I doubt you're gonna pay $35 to see Municipal Waste. :rolleyes:
    If I goto the May 9th show, it will be the 4th time I'll see Children of Bodom open for bands I care about a lot more than them.

Were you at the Carcass show?
    Yeah, not going to LoG, though I would love to see Municipal Waste.

Wasn't at Carcass, couldn't make it and the openers weren't all too impressive enough for me to stretch things around, even though I would kill to see Carcass. Hopefully, they'll have a third reunion tour next year, haha.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    RO : Dreams Come True is easily one of the best JPop bands period :o
    edited April 2009
    RO: After giving Asia another good listen I find Aqua a great album still disappointed about the wasted potential of the band, but not a bad band might go see them in concert :)
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2247562 said:
    RO: After giving Asia another good listen I find Aqua a great album still disappointed about the wasted potential of the band, but not a bad band might go see them in concert :)
    RO: Steve Howe looks like he's a raisin mixed with twigs and poofy gray hair.
    edited April 2009
    Aragha;2247620 said:
    RO: Steve Howe looks like he's a raisin mixed with twigs and poofy gray hair.
    Yeah he has aged a lot since he began playing guitar
  • edited April 2009
    RO: BONZO is better than Neil Peart
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    For the record, this guy is not me.