Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2246000 said:
    I had high hopes for the Torche show. I'm not a big fan of their recorded material, but a friend told me they were good live, so I went in there hoping that I'd like it. But they just didn't pull it off for me (and it didn't help that their guitarist fell off the monitors and landed on the drums or that they had to restart a song twice before just giving up on it). I really wanted to like the show, but I just couldn't.
    You know, they seemed to have problems getting started when I saw them too. They stopped halfway through the first song, presumably for some technical reason, and then started over. How embarrassing.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I think My Chemical Romance is horrible. I also think that the pop music from this decade is horrible.

    I think American Idiot is Green Day's worst album. I think their songs from the 90's are amazing and I was heavily dissappointed with it.

    I think Bloc Party hasn't made one bad album yet.

    I think Lil' Wayne is easily one of the worst rappers of all time. Like seriously, A Milli? Are you serious? That song reminds me of the scene in Superman where Gene Hackman unleashes the frequency and all of the dogs start barking and freaking out, and the scene in Robin Hood: Men In Tights, when the knights with clanking armor come into the ballroom/dining room and King John says, "I hope it's worth all the NOISE!"

    That said, I think Jay Z is one of the best rappers of all time. Kingdom Come and the Black Album are both incredible albums.

    That's it. Every opinion I said begins with "I think."
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246095 said:


    I think Bloc Party hasn't made one bad album yet.
    I think Bloc Party has made two and a half really, really good albums and half a really bad one.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2246123 said:
    I think Bloc Party has made two and a half really, really good albums and half a really bad one.
    What's the half that's bad?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2242888 said:
    RO: Looking forward to Chinese Democracy in the Rock Band Store gonna pick it up next time I get MS points
    i can't wait either, and i called that we were getting it earlier this week
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2245860 said:
    I'm siting here listening to the leak of Heaven & Hell's new album The Devil You Know and I think I just blew a load... its frickin' insane.
    Sweet will be an insta buy for me then :D
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2246652 said:
    i can't wait either, and i called that we were getting it earlier this week
    I call You Are Here coming to us the 28th this month and Nothings Shocking next week as well as the next batch of announced albums (here's hoping for YES)
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246250 said:
    What's the half that's bad?
    I really don't like the second half of A Weekend in the City. The first half is great, but on the second half, they just seem to lose their way.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    kwami42;2246800 said:
    I really don't like the second half of A Weekend in the City. The first half is great, but on the second half, they just seem to lose their way.
    I have to admit, about 1/4 of the songs are slow and weird.
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    moose39;2246842 said:
    I have to admit, about 1/4 of the songs are slow and weird.
    Slow and weird isn't a bad thing necessarily, they just didn't do it right on that particular album. They got the slow and weird songs down on Intimacy.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2245929 said:
    I'll likely be at both the Gojira and Mastodon/Kylesa/Intronaut shows (provided I get off my lazy butt to get to the TLA box office, no way I'm forking over $10 in service charges at Ticketmaster). I've already got tickets to the Lamb of God/Municipal Waste show next Sunday (E Factory), and I'm considering going to the one on May 9th as well, but I doubt you're gonna pay $35 to see Municipal Waste. :rolleyes:
    If I goto the May 9th show, it will be the 4th time I'll see Children of Bodom open for bands I care about a lot more than them.

    Were you at the Carcass show?
    Yeah, not going to LoG, though I would love to see Municipal Waste.

    Wasn't at Carcass, couldn't make it and the openers weren't all too impressive enough for me to stretch things around, even though I would kill to see Carcass. Hopefully, they'll have a third reunion tour next year, haha.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    RO : Dreams Come True is easily one of the best JPop bands period :o
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    RO: After giving Asia another good listen I find Aqua a great album still disappointed about the wasted potential of the band, but not a bad band might go see them in concert :)
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2247562 said:
    RO: After giving Asia another good listen I find Aqua a great album still disappointed about the wasted potential of the band, but not a bad band might go see them in concert :)
    RO: Steve Howe looks like he's a raisin mixed with twigs and poofy gray hair.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Aragha;2247620 said:
    RO: Steve Howe looks like he's a raisin mixed with twigs and poofy gray hair.
    Yeah he has aged a lot since he began playing guitar
  • edited April 2009
    RO: BONZO is better than Neil Peart
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    For the record, this guy is not me.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    RO: Hüsker Dü kicks ass. I've been converted, haha.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2247872 said:
    RO: Hüsker Dü kicks ass. I've been converted, haha.
    Dammit... ehh, Stasis got me into Husker Du about 6 months ago xD

    Onmyouza is the best damn Heavy/Folk Metal with JPop and Traditional Japanese influences.... ever
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Hüsker Dü does kick ass.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2247018 said:
    Yeah, not going to LoG, though I would love to see Municipal Waste.

    Wasn't at Carcass, couldn't make it and the openers weren't all too impressive enough for me to stretch things around, even though I would kill to see Carcass. Hopefully, they'll have a third reunion tour next year, haha.
    The opening bands took a big hit when Arsis dropped out, but I still enjoy Samael live. Psychroptic was okay as well, and Sutter Cane was actually really good for a local band. I won't touch Suicide Silence though, aside of saying I was incredibly happy when their ****** fans left after they finished their set.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
  • Toxin066Toxin066 Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2247939 said:
    Hüsker Dü does kick ass.
    Pretty much.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Chuck Schuldiner is even more awesome than he was before in my eyes (quite the feat) considering that he was a big fan of Lush and Watchtower.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2248724 said:
    Chuck Schuldiner is even more awesome than he was before in my eyes (quite the feat) considering that he was a big fan of Lush and Watchtower.
    Interview now?
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2248724 said:
    Chuck Schuldiner is even more awesome than he was before in my eyes (quite the feat) considering that he was a big fan of Lush and Watchtower.
    Really? That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't expect him to like Lush.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2248730 said:
    Interview now?
    Alright_Computer;2248731 said:
    Really? That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't expect him to like Lush.
    His mother was quoted on him being a big fan of bands such as that and the British alternative movement in general.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2248742 said:
    His mother was quoted on him being a big fan of bands such as that and the British alternative movement in general.
    That's cool. My respect for Chuck just went up a few notches. Then again, most people wouldn't really expect me to like Death, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2248746 said:
    You like Death?
    Surprisingly, yes. That's exactly what I mean, broad musical taste isn't that big of a deal, even though it is pretty cool.
Sign In or Register to comment.