The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I just read in the RB Comm. Zine that HMX recently "offered the first peek at gameplay for The Beatles: Rock Band" at Abbey Road Studios in London. Some of the HMX people even got to play a demo of the game! Can we get some pics please... maybe a vid? :D
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    jayou521;2252695 said:
    I just read in the RB Comm. Zine that HMX recently "offered the first peek at gameplay for The Beatles: Rock Band" at Abbey Road Studios in London. Some of the HMX people even got to play a demo of the game! Can we get some pics please... maybe a vid? :D
    *Sigh* I wish we could :(
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    pokerguy94;2249610 said:
    I don't care for the Beatles too much. No disrespect they're just not my style.
    I'm not a big fan either, but there a few songs I like. But there may be some features that make if worthwhile. For example, I may actually try vocals if all I have to do is "whoooo!" (Being tone-deaf does not lend itself to vocals. :-)
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Might be old but at http://www.thebeatles.com/core/home/ if you watch the little animation till the end you see that they mention the Beatles: Rock Band and it has a Beatles: Rock Band logo. It might not be fancy, but it's the first official one.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    justin19954;2254290 said:
    Might be old but at http://www.thebeatles.com/core/home/ if you watch the little animation till the end you see that they mention the Beatles: Rock Band and it has a Beatles: Rock Band logo. It might not be fancy, but it's the first official one.
    I like mine better *sticks up nose*
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    THIS INFO HAS BEEN ADDED TO FIRST POST.

    We now know part of what will make up the special bundle. This is from a Gamestop e-mail that was sent out on April 14th.

    "Most of us remember the first time we heard The Beatles. This fall we'll have the chance to experience what it was like to actually be one of the Fab Four with The Beatles: Rock Band, which takes players on a journey through the band’s legendary career. We've just learned that the Limited Edition Premium Bundle will include The Beatles: Rock Band software; a Höfner Bass controller; The Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band drums with classic pearl finish, a metal kick pedal and a vintage replica drumhead; plus a microphone with stand, as well as additional special content. Supplies are limited! Reserve your bundle now!

    We'll soon bring you details on how to join The Beatles: Rock Band Pre-order Club, which will allow you to receive breaking news and access to exclusive game elements, including art and behind-the-scenes footage. Available September 9 for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. Reserve online now or at your local GameStop."
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    That's awesome info there, Sayburr. I'm excited to see the instruments now.
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I'm glad to hear the bass is there (as expected) since there is currently no bass option that I know of for the PS3.

    Also, the drums sound like they could be pretty awesome. We'll see how that comes out in the long run, but cool nonetheless.

    Already have a mic and stand, so nothing major there unless the functionality is a little better (I've always had some slight echoing issues and the singing isn't overly clear).

    What I am curious about is that they do not mention a lead guitar... was it forgotten in the e-mail or are we not getting one? If we're not getting one, that's a really 'interesting' move especially because of the popularity of standard guitar...


    The bass might sell this bundle to me, not because I care about what it looks like, but because I like the idea of having a bass that plays differently than the standard guitar. Also, I'm still playing the RB1 drums and guitar, so I'm really starting to need the upgrade (assuming they are both in there).
  • RambaldiRambaldi Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    So, if the only guitar controller we're getting is the Hofner, why put up Harrison's guitar and Lennon's (unconfirmed, I know.) ? Maybe the guitar only pack will get one of those? (Which would suck, if I'm dropping 250 for the bundle, I want ALL the Beatles peripherals possible.

    Unless the instruments presented on the website don't have any correlation with the instruments we'll actually get in the game.

    Who knows, just give me some more info, dammit!
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I guess the guitars are the ones that are $99. $250 can only go so far they're not going to put three guitars, drums, mic, mic stand, and the game in there for $250.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    Right now, I am looking forward to the bundle... but it seems pretty expensive.

    Now, why would they include a mic stand? Is it because of vocals and guitar/drum at the same time? Why else would you need a stand? Hmmmm, something to think about.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr;2265381 said:
    Right now, I am looking forward to the bundle... but it seems pretty expensive.

    Now, why would they include a mic stand? Is it because of vocals and guitar/drum at the same time? Why else would you need a stand? Hmmmm, something to think about.
    Most likely it's for singing and playing guitar/drum at the same time just like what the Beatles did. I'm pretty sure most of the songs are at least voxtar friendly
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    It sure would be easier to sing and play at the same time in the lyrics were at the bottom of the screen...
  • PandemoniumPandemonium Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Thank you for doing all that research. Extremely informative.

    Thumbs way, way down on the probability that the tracks will not be exportable to Rock Band 2.

    Thumbs down on no keyboard.

    Thumbs up on hearing George (my favorite Beatle) helped convince Apple to agree to the deal.

    Thumbs way up on the cool limited edition controllers.

    I hope they come to their senses and allow for exporting of tracks into Rock Band 2 - whether it be Harmonix, Apple, or whoever is resisting the idea...
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Pandemonium;2265542 said:
    Thank you for doing all that research. Extremely informative.

    Thumbs way, way down on the probability that the tracks will not be exportable to Rock Band 2.

    Thumbs down on no keyboard.

    Thumbs up on hearing George (my favorite Beatle) helped convince Apple to agree to the deal.

    Thumbs way up on the cool limited edition controllers.

    I hope they come to their senses and allow for exporting of tracks into Rock Band 2 - whether it be Harmonix, Apple, or whoever is resisting the idea...
    Did George come back from the dead to convince the execs at Apple to do this, ala Christmas Carol?

    Huh.... fascinating. How can I get George to haunt me? I want a beyond-the-grave signature!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    whofan;2265567 said:
    Did George come back from the dead to convince the execs at Apple to do this, ala Christmas Carol?

    Huh.... fascinating. How can I get George to haunt me? I want a beyond-the-grave signature!
    I guess it was where I wrote "Harrison did this or that", meaning George's son not the father that was confusing...
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr;2265439 said:
    It sure would be easier to sing and play at the same time in the lyrics were at the bottom of the screen...
    THANK YOU!

    I have been asking for this since RB1 came out. There should be an option to move lyrics to the top or bottom depending on if you are voxtaring or not.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Pandemonium;2265542 said:
    I hope they come to their senses and allow for exporting of tracks into Rock Band 2...
    Just out of curiosity....what if the only way HMX can make The Beatles compatible with other RB songs is to make them importable into The Beatles vs. making The Beatles exportable?
  • reycrireycri Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2265599 said:
    Just out of curiosity....what if the only way HMX can make The Beatles compatible with other RB songs is to make them importable into The Beatles vs. making The Beatles exportable?
    Good question, but let me rephrase that:

    Will the Beatles:RB be able to play all the RB1 songs and DLCs that are already on your hard drive? (And in the future, RB2 songs when they allow us to copy them on to the hard drive)?
  • Northern_BlitzNorthern_Blitz Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2265599 said:
    Just out of curiosity....what if the only way HMX can make The Beatles compatible with other RB songs is to make them importable into The Beatles vs. making The Beatles exportable?
    I'd vote to not have anything imported into RB:Beatles (except Beatles DLC). I think that this should be a stand alone game (because I think it will be a bit more RPG than just music).

    If the only way to import would be RB2 --> RBB, then I'd be for waiting and have RB2 --> RB3 & RBB --> RB3. This gives RBB a year of exclusivity (which seems to be favoured by Apple), and eventually satisfies HMXs idea of having RB be a platform.

    If there is Beatles DLC, I would hope it would be playable on RB2 & RBB.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    reycri;2265697 said:
    Good question, but let me rephrase that:

    Will the Beatles:RB be able to play all the RB1 songs and DLCs that are already on your hard drive? (And in the future, RB2 songs when they allow us to copy them on to the hard drive)?
    We don't know. Probably not.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Cover art has been released by Gamestop.

    link
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    HazyCloud;2266785 said:
    Cover art has been released by Gamestop.

    link
    Nice... wonder if that is an archived image or if it had been used previously... kinda looks like it might be from the movie HELP...
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    I added to the first post the date and time I last updated it so people can hover over the thread title to see if new infomation was added to the list...
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Well, I got my Game Informer (Issue #193 Assassin's Creed II) and it had these things to say about The Beatles: Rock Band.

    1. Page 16 - More details are coming out about The Beatles: Rock Band. The PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii versions hit stores on 9/9/09 (later for PS2), and will be sold in a full-band bundle for $249.99, and as a standalone game for $59.99. The instruments will be modeled after the Beatles' own although you can also use your existing ones. Dhani Harrison, son of the late George Harrison, recently let slip that the game would feature unreleased Beatles songs.

    Not much, but we found out about the instruments today.

    2. Page 25 - Future Features For Rock Band - Rock Band is always offering new content via downloadable songs, but new features are in store for fans of the franchise. Loose Talk has heard that The Beatles: Rock Band will allow multiple singers with different microphones to harmonize on the vocal track to replicate the fab four's fabulous harmonies. We're also hearing that the Rock Band franchise will support some kind of user-created content.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr;2266833 said:
    Nice... wonder if that is an archived image or if it had been used previously... kinda looks like it might be from the movie HELP...
    I know it's not what you're saying, but Gamestop modified those product descriptions sometime between 10:00 AM and HazyCloud's post, because I saw the Gamestop email this morning, and there was no cover art on that page at the time.
  • SeraphixlaSeraphixla Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Something I noticed.

    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74162

    Look in the top corner of the box art on the Wii Limited Edition box.

    That's the red "Pay-and-Play" logo. The one that is only attached to games that feature downloadable content.

    Really early speculation, I know, but I'm very hopeful.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Seraphixla;2267947 said:
    Something I noticed.

    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74162

    Look in the top corner of the box art on the Wii Limited Edition box.

    That's the red "Pay-and-Play" logo. The one that is only attached to games that feature downloadable content.

    Really early speculation, I know, but I'm very hopeful.
    Good eye! The artwork is probably a placeholder though.
  • TVRobotTVRobot Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    *gasp* mega happy face :D
    i want for X360 but this still makes me veeeery happy! :D
Sign In or Register to comment.