The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• tidutidu Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    I am really excited about this. If it was just an extra pack like AC/DC I wouldn't buy it, but it looks like it's gonna be a single player campaign that goes through the Beatles career, hopefully with cinematics and everything. Awesomeness
  • KingfishKingfish Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    Mr. Tate;1511528 said:
    I think that first and foremost would be the handling of 3 guitars and the lead and rhythm guitar issue, because it's not like The Beatles made an extensive use, at least in the first half of their career, of the bass as it is now represented in Rock Band.
    Yeah this was MY concern as well. You have 4 artist each with an instrument AND a microphone. They pass the lead vocal around a little(at least majority between two members) and virtually everyone is singing backup.

Now, how do you do this in the current structure? Will there be a checkbox with each set for accompanying vocals? How will they stick a bass, two guitars, drums AND THEN lead vocals with backup harmony on one screen...my mind is reeling over the prospects...but I mean that in a GOOD way.

Pulling this off means Rock Band 3 will be freckin inSAIN...can't wait!!!
  • KingfishKingfish Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    tidu;1667804 said:
    I am really excited about this. If it was just an extra pack like AC/DC I wouldn't buy it, but it looks like it's gonna be a single player campaign that goes through the Beatles career, hopefully with cinematics and everything. Awesomeness
    WHOA...hadn't considered(or read that...did I miss it?) it might be a single player type situation. Even if they limit it to offline duel player that would work.

Yeah, thats GOTTA be how they would do this...
  • cdylan13cdylan13 Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    Im not sure if I can wait a year for this ****. It sounds ****ing INCREDIBLE. A vocalists dream really.
  • masterantoniomasterantonio Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    45 songs is a lot by one artist. The keyboard would so be cool if they just released a midi to usb xbox brain so you could use any keyboard. It would be tough to squeeze another instrument especially if you don't have a widescreen tv. But it would be awesome if they did it like keyboardmania.
  • Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    My life is incomplete until this is released! A keyboard peripheral would be amazing. Or just a keyboard itself as masterantonio suggests.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2008
    Sayburr;1535380 said:
    Yeah, including the Past Masters CDs the entire catalogue includes 214 songs (source Wiki, 188 songs if you get rid of the covers. I doubt we will see a 200 song release... 45 songs, however, seems very low concidering that is less than both RB1 and RB2.

Guess that depends on how much multimedia will be included on the disc... Since it will be a multiplatform release, the game size will be restricted by the size of a DVD... I guess time will tell since they are still in the early stages of programing.
    Well, if we get a 2-disc release, it would work out. 107 Tracks on each disc.

What? Stop looking at me like that! It's possible, right? Right?!

Well.... there goes my dream....

In actuality, we'll probably get somewhere between 60-100 Tracks for this release.

I am SOOOOO looking forward to it! HMX, we need some more info so we can continue to speculate for the next year or so!

All I want is:
    "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
    "Help!"
    "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
    "Good Morning, Good Morning"
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    As long as I can rock the guitar solos in "The End" and then sing "Her Majesty" directly after, this will be THE GREATEST GAME THAT EVER LIVED!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for today's update, Sayburr.

Great news. Glad to see HMX is taking the "Guitar Hero Aerosmith" route and making a true fan's game, not a glorified album DLC like the overpriced AC/DC Track Pack.

So we can expect to see venues like The Cavern, Abbey Road, maybe Times Square?
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    o1skinneej;1667915 said:
    As long as I can rock the guitar solos in "The End" and then sing "Her Majesty" directly after, this will be THE GREATEST GAME THAT EVER LIVED!
    If they make it able to play threw the whole ending of Abbey Road, without breaks, then that would be amazing beyond amazingness!
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Captain Zepp 07;1668109 said:
    If they make it able to play threw the whole ending of Abbey Road, without breaks, then that would be amazing beyond amazingness!
    THIS IS FACT. It's probably my favorite ending to any album, ever.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2008
    There is no mention anywhere, but I would love to have a venue set up for the rooftop concert... I have a bootleg of that concert and think it would be very cool if the first official release of that material were on this new Harmonix game...
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    They reported on an NPR show that Giles Martin, who will be doing the sound on this game, is also hard at work on the long-awaited remasters for The White Album and Sgt. Peppers. These album releases are scheduled for... next year, around when the Beatles game will be released.

So, all signs are that tracks from these albums that show up on the game will be new remasters produced by Giles Martin.
    edited December 2008
    Electric_Zen;1668745 said:
    They reported on an NPR show that Giles Martin, who will be doing the sound on this game, is also hard at work on the long-awaited remasters for The White Album and Sgt. Peppers. These album releases are scheduled for... next year, around when the Beatles game will be released.

So, all signs are that tracks from these albums that show up on the game will be new remasters produced by Giles Martin.
    Well, makes sense. While he is working on remastering for Rock Band, Apple might as well re-release the CDs...
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    o1skinneej;1667915 said:
    Absolutely. It HAS to be included. It HAS to be! Not just for the guitar, but for the drums in there, too. I was blown away when McCartney actually played Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End on his 89-90 tour.

I'm really hoping for more than 45 songs, too. That would be seriously disappointing. Has to at least hit 60.
  • jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited December 2008
    Just a little early (1 year).
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2008
    I hope The Ed Sullivan Show & Shea Stadium are venues.
  • StahlbrandStahlbrand Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Good post Sayburr, not a bad idea to try and gather all the data in one place.

I restate my enthusiasim and anticipation for the Beatles project.
    edited December 2008
    Hate to sound n00bish, but was The Ed Sullivan Show where they made their American debut? "I Wanna Hold Your Hand?"
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited December 2008
    please god let me import these songs into rb!!! or better yet, import rb2 songs in RB:beatles!
  • DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    This is just pure speculation on my part, but here's what I'm thinking could happen based on me reading "in between the lines" on the facts.

1.) The Beatles will have the game released in AC/DC Track Pack style Dec. 2009. By AC/DC-style I mean the songs will be able to be exported. I am basing this on: "This is not just a Rock Band expansion pack, it is much much more than that."

2.) The Beatles will not have any DLC on Rock Band apart from this game, just like AC/DC, but they will have a song released through Rock Band 3. I am basing this on "Reuters notes rather matter-of-factly that "none of the Fab Four's songs will be available for download on the existing Rock Band franchise."" Since Rock Band 3 does not exist at the moment, this would techincally be correct.

So that's just me trying to find loopholes in the logic that would get the Beatles music along with the rest of my 500+ songs on Rock Band.
  • mugsmugs Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Droosies;1670970 said:
    This is just pure speculation on my part, but here's what I'm thinking could happen based on me reading "in between the lines" on the facts.

1.) The Beatles will have the game released in AC/DC Track Pack style Dec. 2009. By AC/DC-style I mean the songs will be able to be exported. I am basing this on: "This is not just a Rock Band expansion pack, it is much much more than that."

2.) The Beatles will not have any DLC on Rock Band apart from this game, just like AC/DC, but they will have a song released through Rock Band 3. I am basing this on "Reuters notes rather matter-of-factly that "none of the Fab Four's songs will be available for download on the existing Rock Band franchise."" Since Rock Band 3 does not exist at the moment, this would techincally be correct.

So that's just me trying to find loopholes in the logic that would get the Beatles music along with the rest of my 500+ songs on Rock Band.
    The fact is, this is not a Rock Band product.

While the Rock Band instruments will be supported in the Beatles game.

This is not a Rock Band product.

The Beatles songs will only be playable in the Beatles game.

I am also just another speculator. But knowing that Viacom/MTV/Harmonix have already spent millions just to get the Beatles to agree to have their music in their own title... I am sure that the Beatles would also demand more money for their music to be "importable" into other "Rock Band" titles.

Key Point:
    This is not a Rock Band title.
  • XSirPsychoSexyXXSirPsychoSexyX Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    All I can say is I'm glad they got ahold of this before Neversoft. They would of probably ruined this somehow.... Maybe making Metal songs out of the Beatles music........ God... Thank you Harmonix for getting this... All you need now is the Led and you are GODS
  • StrumbarStrumbar Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    honestly, its beatles only and its not rock band, so i could really not care. if they want me to buy it, they should probly allow song exporting. they can say it is "...much much more than that," but through the eyes of a gamer, it is not considering its gameplay will not be as deep.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Sayburr;1668387 said:
    There is no mention anywhere, but I would love to have a venue set up for the rooftop concert... I have a bootleg of that concert and think it would be very cool if the first official release of that material were on this new Harmonix game...
    That would be ****ing awesome
  • mugsmugs Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Honestly, there will be MOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE than enough Beatles fans out there that just have to own this so to all of these

"make it exportable or I'm not buying" people don't really matter.

It won't be exportable, and it will sell out ACROSS THE WORLD!!!
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2008
    mugs;1671122 said:
    The fact is, this is not a Rock Band product.

While the Rock Band instruments will be supported in the Beatles game.

This is not a Rock Band product.

The Beatles songs will only be playable in the Beatles game.

I am also just another speculator. But knowing that Viacom/MTV/Harmonix have already spent millions just to get the Beatles to agree to have their music in their own title... I am sure that the Beatles would also demand more money for their music to be "importable" into other "Rock Band" titles.

Key Point:
    This is not a Rock Band title.
    Actually, it is not a Rock Band BRANDED product is what they said in the interview.

Also, if you look closely, they also say that it's "Not JUST a Rock Band expansion" (Emphasis Mine), implying that it will also work as a Rock Band expansion pack.

I suspect that there will be a one time export code. However, I also think that there will be something more on the disc that will not come over during the export (i.e. an in depth career mode or something of that sort)
    edited December 2008
    I personally believe you are incorrect. I don't see Harmonix making a brand new game out of the Beatles tapes and then letting the songs transfer to Rock Band. They have said many times that this Beatles Project will not be part of the Rock Band platform.

If the Beatles game is not part of the Rock Band platform then the songs will not transfer over, simple as that.
    edited December 2008
    I'm inclined to agree with Droosies that the songs *will* be exportable to the RB series:

"This is not just a Rock Band expansion pack, it is much much more than that."

Key word, "just." If they'd wanted to say it's a completely separate standalone, they would've said "This is not a Rock Band expansion pack." The fact they included "just" indicates that it *is* a Rock Band expansion pack, with lots more added features.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2008
    Sayburr;1671429 said:
    I personally believe you are incorrect. I don't see Harmonix making a brand new game out of the Beatles tapes and then letting the songs transfer to Rock Band. They have said many times that this Beatles Project will not be part of the Rock Band platform.

If the Beatles game is not part of the Rock Band platform then the songs will not transfer over, simple as that.
    They have never said at any point that it won't be a part of the "Rock Band Platform", that has been forum members taking what was said and twisting it around again.

All they said that was, and I quote verbatim, "This is not JUST another Rock Band expansion". That "Just" in there seems to imply that it is an expansion for Rock Band, but it will also be so much more than that.

If it wasn't to be associated with Rock Band at all, then they would have said straight out "This is NOT a Rock Band title". See where the difference lies? The guys making these announcements are quite skilled in the art of PR, they know what words they are choosing.

Only time will tell though, all the conjecture in the world won't solve this right now. I'm still convinced that there will be an export code, but there will be much more on the disc. Maybe you'll have to go through the career mode to get the code? I don't know yet, we'll see.