The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• davedamondavedamon Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    jeccaneko;2282013 said:
    Do you have the P-Bass? You can use it as your primary guitar just as well. I mean, I use it as my primary guitar, whether I'm playing bass or not. I kinda have to - when you play online people usually like switching between guitar and bass and it's not like you'll want to switch controllers just to play guitar (and it's a pain in the butt with 360 controller sign in issues). It works great for me.

I actually prefer it even if I'm playing guitar BECAUSE of that longer neck. As a real guitar player, I like how it's closer to the size of a real guitar neck and it feels more comfortable for me to use for that reason. I know when I'm forced to use the Xplorer for GH2 and GH3 I hate how I have to have the elbow of my fretting arm like right up against my body when I play. It's so uncomfortable.
    I'm a quite seriously hoping that the TB:RB 'violin bass' will feature the dual strum bar akin to that featured on the P-Bass. I have been considering purchasing the P-Bass as I wanted something different for my bass player, but was holding out for the rumoured wireless version. Now, the split strum bar is apparently patented by Mad Catz, which means there's a good chance it might not feature on any first party HMX instrument. But there's hoping that said feature, which really defines your fake plastic guitar as a fake plastic BASS guitar, more so than a longer neck, will be included. Perhaps the rumoured wireless version IS the beatles bass
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    whofan;2281980 said:
    How do you propose to evolve the Bass playing? Show me something that makes sense and I'll give you credit up the wazzoo.

There really isn't a way to "evolve" the bass, outside of adding more buttons (which wouldn't add that much in all honesty). Bass really is just a "dumbed down repetitive version of guitar" (and I'm a Bass player too), with the exception of a few select amazing Bass players who took their art to the next level (John Entwistle, etc).
    As has been mentioned, the P-bass features the split strummer, which does define it as a bass more-so than a long neck. It takes the bass (having basically the same kind of charts as guitar except slower and more repetitive for most songs) and forces the player to use a different style. When you think about it... that's all a real bass guitar is. So, although the P-bass split strum may be patented, I am hoping that the official HMX bass has some sort of different strum style. Frankly, I'm not at all interested in a bass where the only difference is a slightly longer neck and a different overall look. That's all I was really saying. Officially differentiating the bass by releasing a HMX bass with a different strum style would be a first step in bringing the bass into it's own...

Right now, I admit I don't play the bass because it seems like a less fun version of guitar. If I had to adapt to a new playing style, I might have a bit more respect for the bass and feel the need to play it instead of the guitar (I really enjoy switching to everything for a change of pace but on bass my playing style is pretty much identical and I don't get anything different out of playing it).

Edit: And as a person playing on the PS3, I don't have the option of the P-bass. On that note, is the P-bass pretty awesome? I am wondering if HMX might actually benefit in the long run by teaming up with someone who does periphs like Mad Catz (to replace what Red Octane used to do).
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I am hoping the bass will provide a different style of game play and that is why they are including it in the bundle.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    HEY!

I got ya'll some stuff to check out.

Ya know... like.... FOOTAGE FROM THE BEATLES:ROCK BAND!

Look behind Paul at the big screen. Takes a few to get into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHZIpZCsrwA

EDIT: I like this one better. Just not as long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O161a08uNF4&fmt=18

And the official confirmation.

It was a night of high emotion, the anniversary of losing Linda, memories of George and John and Liverpool youth, it was a night of conquering a whole new crowd, it was a night of firsts and was the unexpected, unannounced world premiere of the images from the coming Beatle Rock Band game which played on vast screens throughout Got To Get You Into My Life.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news.php#1599/2009-04
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Great find, Errant. :)

Hard to tell from the video, but what I could see looked like spot-on captures of the band. It was mainly Paul, of course (possibly for legal reasons...???), but his look was perfect. Seemed like an Abbey Road studio venue and some sort of psychedelic trip with the band flying through space and fireworks and stuff....the headphones and the Hofner look great.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr, will you add to the OP that the rating of this game is T?

It's rated T for tobacco references and mild lyrics. So I got to thinking....

A Day in The Life Lyrics:

Woke up, got out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, i noticed i was late
    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    Somebody spoke and i went into a dream...

And, I'm So Tired Lyrics:

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
    Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
    And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
    He was such a stupid git...

Can anybody think of more?
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    IErrantVentureI;2291363 said:

Woke up, got out of bed

I'm pretty sure the tobacco references would go under "Mild Lyrics" or "Lyrics".
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    ZosoBaron;2291963 said:
    I'm pretty sure the tobacco references would go under "Mild Lyrics" or "Lyrics".
    I think what Errant was aiming for was trying to find songs that had tobacco references --- those are the ones we could add as likely appearing in the game.

And yes, I'd luh-huv to see "A Day In the Life" and "I'm So Tired" in the setlist, but both seem pretty iffy in terms of actual gameplay --- not much to do for anyone but the vocalist(s). ..
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Beatles smoked, so it's probably just them smoking in the studio.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    cherokeesam;2292047 said:
    I think what Errant was aiming for was trying to find songs that had tobacco references --- those are the ones we could add as likely appearing in the game.

And yes, I'd luh-huv to see "A Day In the Life" and "I'm So Tired" in the setlist, but both seem pretty iffy in terms of actual gameplay --- not much to do for anyone but the vocalist(s). ..
    I could see "A Day in the Life" being the grand finale.

The footage from the McCartney concert looked unfinished, but I have high hopes!
    edited April 2009
    OK, added a note about the video of game footage and linked it to the discussion thread. Thanks Skittles for making the video and breaking this news to the world!!!!
    edited April 2009
    Sex
    Why don't we d-d-do it in the road!

Drugs
    I get high, with a little help from my friends

Murder
    I'd rather see you dead, little girl,
    Than to be with another man.
    You'd better keep your head, little girl,
    Or I won't know where I am.
    You'd better run for your life if you can, little girl,
    Hide your head in the sand, little girl.
    Catch you with another man,
    That's the end - ah, little girl.
  • The RentsThe Rents Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I just noticed that the T rating has been replaced with rating pending....
    edited April 2009
    The Rents;2298106 said:
    I just noticed that the T rating has been replaced with rating pending....
    Where? It's still T on the official site.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr;2297681 said:
    Sex
    Why don't we d-d-do it in the road!

Drugs
    I get high, with a little help from my friends

Murder
    I'd rather see you dead, little girl,
    Than to be with another man.
    You'd better keep your head, little girl,
    Or I won't know where I am.
    You'd better run for your life if you can, little girl,
    Hide your head in the sand, little girl.
    Catch you with another man,
    That's the end - ah, little girl.

Murder

ALL of Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
  • PeppersPeppers Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Sex:

And from the first time that she really done me,
    Ooh she done me, she done me good.
    I guess nobody ever really done me,
    Ooh she done me, she done me good.

Please please please let "Don't Let Me Down" be in the game.
    edited April 2009
    Please Please Me perhaps?
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited April 2009
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2292354 said:
    I could see "A Day in the Life" being the grand finale.
    I guess I've always imagined that the Rooftop Concert would be the final venue and that it would end with "Get Back" like The Beatles did.
  • The RentsThe Rents Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    justin19954;2298355 said:
    Where? It's still T on the official site.
    Wierd. I just checked again and it is back to the T rating.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    cherokeesam;2292047 said:

A Day in the Life would be amazing on drums too. I can't even begin to imagine how to do those rolls...
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2009

Woke up, got out of bed

"Get Back"

"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona for some Califonia grass"
  • stones2002stones2002 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    i am sure i'll get alot of flack for this but they should also put the game out on PS2. Because many people like my self can not go out and buy a new game system for 1 game! (right there thats a little over $500!!!) I am sure when the game comes out on other systems there will be a high demand for the company to make a ps2 version of it from ps2 owners. Graphic wise it may not look as good but who cares!

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2? And think in the future the demand will be high they will have to make one right?
    they did that with rock band for wii
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    RockBandRocker;2301231 said:
    "Get Back"

"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona for some Califonia grass"
    "Grass" as in land, not as in drugs.

Fail on your part.
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:
    i am sure i'll get alot of flack for this but they should also put the game out on PS2. Because many people like my self can not go out and buy a new game system for 1 game! (right there thats a little over $500!!!) I am sure when the game comes out on other systems there will be a high demand for the company to make a ps2 version of it from ps2 owners. Graphic wise it may not look as good but who cares!

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2? And think in the future the demand will be high they will have to make one right?
    Not going to bash you too hard on this, but it is a 9 year old system. I think you're going to see more and more of this. It had a fantastic run and the fact that they are still making games for it attests to that, but maybe it's time to face reality and pony-up the cash. You still have 140 days before it comes out. Just put back a little each paycheck.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:

The PS2 is almost 10 years old, perhaps it can't handle the processing needed for this game?

I feel for ya, I really do, but the PS2 has had it's run. It's like me saying why doesn't this come out on Xbox (original), or Gamecube, or Dreamcast?

There is still time before it comes out, you could always save up between now and then and get yourself a newer system.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    TheKitchenMan;2300949 said:
    I guess I've always imagined that the Rooftop Concert would be the final venue and that it would end with "Get Back" like The Beatles did.
    This game should and MUST end with "The End/Her Majesty".

Those ripping hand-off guitar solos! The lyrics! What a great way to send people out of this game "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"!! (Perfect) Then rolls right in to the follow-up track. The beauty, humor, and simplicity of "Her Majesty" makes for the perfect ending.
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2?
    they have not said no... .but the PS2 has not been mentioned in any press release so I would not get my hopes up at all.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    o1skinneej;2301476 said:
    This game should and MUST end with "The End/Her Majesty".

Those ripping hand-off guitar solos! The lyrics! What a great way to send people out of this game "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"!! (Perfect) Then rolls right in to the follow-up track. The beauty, humor, and simplicity of "Her Majesty" makes for the perfect ending.
    Agreed. I would pay double for the game to ensure they included "The End" - and including a good chunk of the Abbey Road medley on side 2 wouldn't hurt either.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2301886 said:
    Agreed. I would pay double for the game to ensure they included "The End" - and including a good chunk of the Abbey Road medley on side 2 wouldn't hurt either.
    I like the way your mind works, sir!