Comments

• PeppersPeppers Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Sex:

And from the first time that she really done me,
    Ooh she done me, she done me good.
    I guess nobody ever really done me,
    Ooh she done me, she done me good.

Please please please let "Don't Let Me Down" be in the game.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Please Please Me perhaps?
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited April 2009
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2292354 said:
    I could see "A Day in the Life" being the grand finale.
    I guess I've always imagined that the Rooftop Concert would be the final venue and that it would end with "Get Back" like The Beatles did.
  • The RentsThe Rents Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    justin19954;2298355 said:
    Where? It's still T on the official site.
    Wierd. I just checked again and it is back to the T rating.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    cherokeesam;2292047 said:
    I think what Errant was aiming for was trying to find songs that had tobacco references --- those are the ones we could add as likely appearing in the game.

And yes, I'd luh-huv to see "A Day In the Life" and "I'm So Tired" in the setlist, but both seem pretty iffy in terms of actual gameplay --- not much to do for anyone but the vocalist(s). ..
    A Day in the Life would be amazing on drums too. I can't even begin to imagine how to do those rolls...
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2009
    IErrantVentureI;2291363 said:
    Sayburr, will you add to the OP that the rating of this game is T?

It's rated T for tobacco references and mild lyrics. So I got to thinking....

A Day in The Life Lyrics:

Woke up, got out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, i noticed i was late
    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    Somebody spoke and i went into a dream...

And, I'm So Tired Lyrics:

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
    Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
    And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
    He was such a stupid git...

Can anybody think of more?
    "Get Back"

"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona for some Califonia grass"
  • stones2002stones2002 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    i am sure i'll get alot of flack for this but they should also put the game out on PS2. Because many people like my self can not go out and buy a new game system for 1 game! (right there thats a little over $500!!!) I am sure when the game comes out on other systems there will be a high demand for the company to make a ps2 version of it from ps2 owners. Graphic wise it may not look as good but who cares!

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2? And think in the future the demand will be high they will have to make one right?
    they did that with rock band for wii
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    RockBandRocker;2301231 said:
    "Get Back"

"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona for some Califonia grass"
    "Grass" as in land, not as in drugs.

Fail on your part.
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:
    i am sure i'll get alot of flack for this but they should also put the game out on PS2. Because many people like my self can not go out and buy a new game system for 1 game! (right there thats a little over $500!!!) I am sure when the game comes out on other systems there will be a high demand for the company to make a ps2 version of it from ps2 owners. Graphic wise it may not look as good but who cares!

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2? And think in the future the demand will be high they will have to make one right?
    Not going to bash you too hard on this, but it is a 9 year old system. I think you're going to see more and more of this. It had a fantastic run and the fact that they are still making games for it attests to that, but maybe it's time to face reality and pony-up the cash. You still have 140 days before it comes out. Just put back a little each paycheck.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:

The PS2 is almost 10 years old, perhaps it can't handle the processing needed for this game?

I feel for ya, I really do, but the PS2 has had it's run. It's like me saying why doesn't this come out on Xbox (original), or Gamecube, or Dreamcast?

There is still time before it comes out, you could always save up between now and then and get yourself a newer system.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    TheKitchenMan;2300949 said:
    I guess I've always imagined that the Rooftop Concert would be the final venue and that it would end with "Get Back" like The Beatles did.
    This game should and MUST end with "The End/Her Majesty".

Those ripping hand-off guitar solos! The lyrics! What a great way to send people out of this game "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"!! (Perfect) Then rolls right in to the follow-up track. The beauty, humor, and simplicity of "Her Majesty" makes for the perfect ending.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    stones2002;2301389 said:

Did the company say why they are not going to be making one for ps2?
    they have not said no... .but the PS2 has not been mentioned in any press release so I would not get my hopes up at all.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    o1skinneej;2301476 said:
    This game should and MUST end with "The End/Her Majesty".

Those ripping hand-off guitar solos! The lyrics! What a great way to send people out of this game "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"!! (Perfect) Then rolls right in to the follow-up track. The beauty, humor, and simplicity of "Her Majesty" makes for the perfect ending.
    Agreed. I would pay double for the game to ensure they included "The End" - and including a good chunk of the Abbey Road medley on side 2 wouldn't hurt either.
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2301886 said:
    Agreed. I would pay double for the game to ensure they included "The End" - and including a good chunk of the Abbey Road medley on side 2 wouldn't hurt either.
    I like the way your mind works, sir!
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2301886 said:
    i hope they combine Polythene Pam and She Came In Through the Bathroom Window into 1 song, as well as Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight and then finishing with The End > Her Majesty. If 1 of those is in the game without the other, that would be a disappointment (similar to having The Who - Amazing Journey w/o Sparks).
  • HeadcaseHeadcase Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Edit: top stuff was wrong thread
    whofan;2301467 said:
    The PS2 is almost 10 years old, perhaps it can't handle the processing needed for this game?

I feel for ya, I really do, but the PS2 has had it's run.
    Disagreed. There's more PS2s than any next-gen console, RB1 and 2 run quite nicely on it (using background video tricks) and it uses the same instruments as PS3. The Beatles is set to bring in the more casual players, but more of them are going to have only PS2 than only any other console.

I would suggest that they come out with a PS2 version as soon as they can after the other releases. Sony should also pay 'em a bit to get the ball rolling; it is very helpful to their PS3 sales to have PS2 Rock Band bundles floating around.

Edit: PS2 is also by far the cheapest console that (up to now) has had RB support. Hard enough to convince a non-gamer to buy a $250 bundle, let alone a $300+ console. No DLC is much much better than no RB.

Edit2: Sales chart to bring the point home. Fear. It still sells moderately well to this day.
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited April 2009
    Headcase;2301970 said:
    "Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What"."

Ooh, Kung Fu Fighting. Interesting starting line-up, wonder what the total number of songs will be...
    I thought LEGO Rock Band was a joke... :confused:
    Disagreed. There's more PS2s than any next-gen console, RB1 and 2 run quite nicely on it (using background video tricks) and it uses the same instruments as PS3. The Beatles is set to bring in the more casual players, but more of them are going to have only PS2 than only any other console.
    There have been more PS2s sold than any next-gen console, yes. There is no arguing that fact. However, how many of those consoles are not being used? I'd venture to say that you can subtract all of the PS3 sales from that number, as well as some of the X360 and Wii sales. The number of people still using their PS2 as their primary gaming system is probably much lower than you believe. As for more casual gamers, I bet more of them have Wii's than PS2s now.
    I would suggest that they come out with a PS2 version as soon as they can after the other releases. Sony should also pay 'em a bit to get the ball rolling; it is very helpful to their PS3 sales to have PS2 Rock Band bundles floating around.
    How does having a PS2 bundle help PS3 bundle sales? If anything, they get a marginal improvement across total sales, but also have to spend more money in development and production of the PS2 version, and will probably never recoup that money. I bet the reason they chose not to make a PS2 version was because the PS2 version of RB1 and RB2 didn't sell enough to cover the costs of development/production for the platform. They won't make a game that they know they're gonna lose money on.
    Edit: PS2 is also by far the cheapest console that (up to now) has had RB support. Hard enough to convince a non-gamer to buy a $250 bundle, let alone a $300+ console. No DLC is much much better than no RB.

Edit2: Sales chart to bring the point home. Fear. It still sells moderately well to this day.
    Well, the fact of the matter is that you need to upgrade your console eventually anyway. If you're an adult, put a little money back from each paycheck (say $20) and you'll have plenty of cash to buy a new console AND the bundle before the game comes out. If you're in school, then get a summer job and save your money. Again, you can raise enough money before 9/9/09 to get yourself a $300 console and the game bundle. Also, you could get the RB2 bundle and the Beatles software for the price of the Beatles bundle. The instruments won't be the same, but you're getting two games out of the deal.

See my previous point about the sales of the PS2 being relatively meaningless now. I have a PS2, and have owned 3 of them thanks to hardware issues. However, I ONLY play it for GH1 and GH2 because I have a PS3 and X360. Therefore, I'm 3 of the roughly 120 million sold, and I don't use it for any new games, and haven't for over 3 years. I'm certain I'm not the only person who is this way, and am probably not even in the minority
    edited April 2009
    I really trully hope they throw in some Beatles Deep Tracks and not the big name tracks idiots like Robert Ashley of 1Up who say's he's a huge Beatles fan then goes and list every song from "One". Smh.

The songs I want the most:
    Hey Bulldog
    Don't Let Me Down
    Happiness (Is a Warm Gun)

I think it's kinda fitting that i'm wearing my Beatles tie dye shirt as I type this.
    edited April 2009
    I don't think it would be possible to do a retrospective of the band without having a lot of deep cuts.
    edited April 2009
    You never know, they could consider just doing 10 popular songs from each era as being a good retrospective (Early, US Invasion, Sgt. Peppers, Abbey)
    edited April 2009
    Peppers;2302629 said:
    I really trully hope they throw in some Beatles Deep Tracks and not the big name tracks idiots like Robert Ashley of 1Up who say's he's a huge Beatles fan then goes and list every song from "One". Smh.

The songs I want the most:
    Hey Bulldog
    Don't Let Me Down
    Happiness (Is a Warm Gun)

I think it's kinda fitting that i'm wearing my Beatles tie dye shirt as I type this.
    Like those tracks!! Good call, though, how about adding "Why don't we do it in the road?"
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I hope they have the whole Abbey Road Medley as just one long track starting with You Never Give Me Your Money and ending with The End. I doubt they will put Her Majesty in there.

I also doubt that they would put Don't Let Me Down or Why Don't We Do It in the Road? because those two songs have a bunch of piano overpowering the guitar, especially the latter. Don't Let Me Down has a better chance of getting in, but idk. I have a feeling Oh! Darling is going to be in there. I would love all of Abbey Road except for Because and Her Majesty to be in the game eventually.
    edited April 2009
    Well, Don't Let Me Down was in that roof top set so perhaps they could do that version :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riOnVUJAo3k

Great drum playing by ringo on that one, probably the best he ever did within the band.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Peppers;2302965 said:
    Well, Don't Let Me Down was in that roof top set so perhaps they could do that version :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riOnVUJAo3k

Great drum playing by ringo on that one, probably the best he ever did within the band.
    Rain would like a talk with you ;)
    edited April 2009
    Very interesting... I wonder what the screens will look like.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    russintexas;2303028 said:
    As cool and more practical than a keyboard. This will definitely make the experience more complete.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I wonder how they'll mange all those controllers. Currently they only have the 4-way USB adapter.

Wireless mics confirmed?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2303188 said:
    I wonder how they'll mange all those controllers. Currently they only have the 4-way USB adapter.

Wireless mics confirmed?
    What about the mics that plug into the controllers? (the console ones)