The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    MostSpartan14;2336189 said:
    There's also a place for "preorder club" members to enter a code.
    Good spot. That link takes you to http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/preorder/ which is not ready for prime time yet. But hopefully, this means that we will find out soon what the preorder goodies ares.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure we're looking at a chronological "history" of the band, too. Makes the most sense.

It'll probably be like watching a Beatles anthology/history DVD, but with the added attraction of being able to play along on the songs.
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Beatles: Rock Band will allow multiple singers with different microphones to .
    to... what? Or was that supposed to be "too"??
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    iagomonk;2336521 said:
    Where did you get that quote?
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Beatles Website now has Paul's bass and the logo is added, with the link to the Preorder page on the top.
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    dady5000;2336665 said:
    The Beatles Website now has Paul's bass and the logo is added, with the link to the Preorder page on the top.
    Beat you to it... ;)
    edited April 2009
    nvm...guess I didn't post it on this thread. Oops, sorry... *slaps forehead, how did I not post it on the biggest TB:RB thread*
    edited April 2009
    iagomonk;2336521 said:
    justin19954;2336555 said:
    Where did you get that quote?
    The original quote came from Game Informer Issue#193, it said...

2. Page 25 - Future Features For Rock Band - Rock Band is always offering new content via downloadable songs, but new features are in store for fans of the franchise. Loose Talk has heard that The Beatles: Rock Band will allow multiple singers with different microphones to harmonize on the vocal track to replicate the fab four's fabulous harmonies. We're also hearing that the Rock Band franchise will support some kind of user-created content.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    dsierra87;2334844 said:
    i really don't think this game will be structure as a regular rock band game in which you advance songs in order of difficulty, i believe we will play in chronological order, not really difficulty wise but carrer-wise, anyhow, if you're looking to play this game for difficulty look elsewhere, it's all about playing Beatles music!
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I've been thinking all along since they mentioned playing through the career of The Beatles. The game would lend itself much better to the experience of playing through the Beatles' musical career going chronologically than by simply playing through difficulty tiers.

Really awesome that Paul is getting into it so much.
    edited April 2009
    Wow those Anthologys are awesome. I'm gonna start the third one now!
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2336972 said:
    Really awesome that Paul is getting into it so much.
    Yeah, it sounds like he is genuinely and actively participating in the process, which can only help to make to make this the best possible game that it can be. And that's saying a lot when it comes to The Beatles! :D
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Especially since he really didn't know much about the game in the first place. It's easier to see some bands getting into the process since their kids play and such, but Paul really didn't know much about it before this (as far as I can recall). Can't wait to start playing this in another four + months.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ZOMG the new link with the game footage!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS GAME LOOKS INCREDIBLE

LIKE WOW THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING.
  • Unpleasant NerdUnpleasant Nerd Opening Act
    edited April 2009
  • madcowz967madcowz967 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    this is just my guess, but I'm sure most of us have put our email addresses on the official site (requesting that they let us know when preordering begins). I'm guessing that when we get the emails, the site will be ready to go. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    Unpleasant Nerd;2338154 said:
    What, where?
    Post # 1 has a link to McCartney's concert where he showed game footage...
    edited April 2009
    madcowz967;2338180 said:
    this is just my guess, but I'm sure most of us have put our email addresses on the official site (requesting that they let us know when preordering begins). I'm guessing that when we get the emails, the site will be ready to go. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    This. Exactly what I was thinking.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ooh website update, very cool, each update makes the game seem that much closer, really can't wait!
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I thought of four new "achievements" that can be in the game:

"By George!" -- complete all of George Harrison's songs (you don't need a perfect for them)

"Johnny on the spot" -- complete all of John Lennon's songs

"Walking Paul" -- complete all of Paul McCartney's songs

"Shining Starr" -- complete all of Ringo Starr's songs
    edited April 2009
    Did they fix the website?
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The bass and logo have now been removed from the site. The preorder code box is also gone.
  • StrikeZStrikeZ Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    I am torn between pre-ordering the premium pack and waiting to get a different guitar than the bass - I may just do both...
  • The RentsThe Rents Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    HazyCloud;2345209 said:
    The bass and logo have now been removed from the site. The preorder code box is also gone.
    I just noticed that too. Thought it was my computer.
  • BBGBBG Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    New Rock Band: Beatles Details...

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/315.html
    Unfortunately, due to licensing limitations, these Beatles tracks will not be made available as content for Rock Band 2 or future Rock Band games, largely for the same reason they're still not available on services such as iTunes
    The game's progression is said to cover the band's early days starting out in Liverpool, then pass through the psychedelic phase of Srg. Pepper, into the self-titled 'White Album', Abbey Road, everything in between, and even things we've never heard before that the band never released, which on its own mkes this game worth the price of admission already to people like me. In addition to the audio also comes never before seen video.
    New?
  • AndywinXpAndywinXp Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    BBG;2348289 said:
    Why would Harmonix put 45 songs in a BluRay Disk or in a HD DVD?
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited May 2009
    AndywinXp;2348388 said:
    Because it's false info. The 45 song rumour started around the time of the first announcement and was quickly debunked by HMXSean. They have not revealed how many songs are going to be on the disc yet and until it comes from the mouths of HMX themselves, I wouldn't believe it at this point. There have been far too many false rumours so far about this game.

This article seems to be regurgitating what was being said around the time of the first announcement and may be outdated yet. All Hmx has officially said about exportability is "No Comment", so unless they cite a HMX source, I wouldn't listen just yet.

Heck, they even only list Dhani as being a model for the game. We already know that he's been doing much more than just that already. So I would say that this site is just spouting out-dated information.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    AndywinXp;2348388 said:
    The Xbox 360 supports only dual-layer DVD9 (as does the Wii), not HD-DVD. Of course, they could still hold a lot more than 45 songs. It would be pretty disappointing if the game came with only 45 songs. Still a must buy, though.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2009
    Yes, I have to agree. I will not post to the first page about song compatibility with RB until we hear something official since HMX has constantly said, "No comment" and the article repeats the 45 song rumor that HMXSean said was untrue.

I do thank you very much for posting that information because it was a new source, I personally don’t think it reliable enough to add it to the first post, however.

Now, to discuss what the article said... I find it hard to believe the agreement to put the Beatles music in RB would be the same as iTunes. There is only ONE player that can use the digital verson from Rock Band and that verson cannot be pirated because the liscense for the song is tied to a specific gamertag/system...
  • foolosophyfoolosophy Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Sayburr;2348558 said:
    Yes, I have to agree. I will not post to the first page about song compatibility with RB until we hear something official since HMX has constantly said, "No comment" and the article repeats the 45 song rumor that HMXSean said was untrue.

I do thank you very much for posting that information because it was a new source, I personally don’t think it reliable enough to add it to the first post, however.

Now, to discuss what the article said... I find it hard to believe the agreement to put the Beatles music in RB would be the same as iTunes. There is only ONE player that can use the digital verson from Rock Band and that verson cannot be pirated because the liscense for the song is tied to a specific gamertag/system...
    Plus, The Beatles are coming to iTunes anyway so that analogy goes out the window.
    edited May 2009
    foolosophy;2348594 said:
    Plus, The Beatles are coming to iTunes anyway so that analogy goes out the window.
    Where's the source on that one 'cause I missed that somewhere...

Sayburr, good call on not posting anything from that article. It was a worthless piece of poo.