The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    *Coughillegallydownloaditcough*

But no. Don't do that. Try eBay.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    It's all on Youtube. And it was never released on DVD because during the mastering process they thought the outtakes raised too many old issues.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's a must see for any Beatles fan.
  • TheKitchenManTheKitchenMan Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    So is Anthology. It's on YouTube also. Divided into 16 parts.
  • edited April 2009
    What do you guys think the last song according to difficulty will be? I don't think I have seen any discussions on that.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Doesany1rememberlaughter;2328123 said:
    What do you guys think the last song according to difficulty will be? I don't think I have seen any discussions on that.
    A difficult Beatles song isn't saying much. Probably Rain for drums and The End on guitar. I would say Hey Jude for vocals and Paperback writer for bass.
  • KISSfan84KISSfan84 Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2328219 said:
    A difficult Beatles song isn't saying much. Probably Rain for drums and The End on guitar. I would say Hey Jude for vocals and Paperback writer for bass.

No, I think it would be "Twist and Shout" for vocals. John said that song always destroyed his voice in concerts.
    :cool:
    edited April 2009
    KISSfan84;2328510 said:
    No, I think it would be "Twist and Shout" for vocals. John said that song always destroyed his voice in concerts.
    :cool:
    Not because of the difficulty of the song, but because he basically screamed the whole song. It was the last recorded song for Please, Please Me and they had done a marathon recording session for the album that day. He had no voice left and recorded it that way. Then he had to try to reproduce it the way he sang it that night for the rest of their career. :eek:
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    More info from Paul:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2082-Beatles-Examiner~y2009m4d27-Paul-McCartney-hints-The-Beatles-Rock-Band-will-have-special-features

In an interview published in the Spring '09 issue of the Hard Rock Hotel's magazine, Paul McCartney hints players of "The Beatles: Rock Band" will find some added hidden features included in the game when it's released on Sept. 9.

"I've been watching as the team has been developing it and I'm getting more and more into it as it comes together," he told interviewer Michael Lucas. "It's going to be really jam packed with goodies. You've got the basic "Rock Band" game with Beatles songs and then you have also got loads of goodies. If you get to a certain level, you get prizes -- photos, snippets and much more.

"It's good because me and Ringo have been helping with the extras and we tell some little stories and have been able to veritfy some facts. I'm really excited by it," McCartney said.
  • west siidewest siide Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    So we really are going to get unique content that will come out just for this game?

After everything that's been said and written and covered on the Beatles it's pretty amazing that they're doing that.

Aren't we lucky?
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    west siide;2334464 said:
    So we really are going to get unique content that will come out just for this game?

After everything that's been said and written and covered on the Beatles it's pretty amazing that they're doing that.

Aren't we lucky?
    I've got to agree! Here is a band that has been so protective of their material, and now they're like..."we love HMX! Take what you need!" This is so awesome because not only will the game be AMAZING, but The Beatles will probably be willing to pass the word along that, "Hey, this company really knows what it's doing. Not only that but they REALLY appreciate music and musicians."

*coughtellledzepplin!!cough* :D
  • dsierra87dsierra87 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    i really don't think this game will be structure as a regular rock band game in which you advance songs in order of difficulty, i believe we will play in chronological order, not really difficulty wise but carrer-wise, anyhow, if you're looking to play this game for difficulty look elsewhere, it's all about playing Beatles music!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2009
    I believe you are right, the more I find out about the game the more I think the game will be played in the order the songs were released.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Sayburr;2335016 said:
    I believe you are right, the more I find out about the game the more I think the game will be played in the order the songs were released.
    I agree that that is the logical order for the songs to be played. It makes perfect sense for a game which is (probably) a chronological retelling of their career to have the songs in that order.

Also, just a thought: I like how the game highlights The Beatles name by having it come before Rock Band, instead of the GH way of having the name come after. It makes it feel like a real Beatles game, not a RB or GH game featuring band X or Y or Z.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I just noticed that the site was updated. It now has the game's logo as well as the bass being added to the background. There's also a place for "preorder club" members to enter a code. Does anyone know what that does? I'm not sure if the site was updated earlier but this is my first time noticing it.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    MostSpartan14;2336189 said:
    There's also a place for "preorder club" members to enter a code.
    Good spot. That link takes you to http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/preorder/ which is not ready for prime time yet. But hopefully, this means that we will find out soon what the preorder goodies ares.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure we're looking at a chronological "history" of the band, too. Makes the most sense.

It'll probably be like watching a Beatles anthology/history DVD, but with the added attraction of being able to play along on the songs.
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Beatles: Rock Band will allow multiple singers with different microphones to .
    to... what? Or was that supposed to be "too"??
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    iagomonk;2336521 said:
    Where did you get that quote?
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The Beatles Website now has Paul's bass and the logo is added, with the link to the Preorder page on the top.
    edited April 2009
    dady5000;2336665 said:
    The Beatles Website now has Paul's bass and the logo is added, with the link to the Preorder page on the top.
    Beat you to it... ;)
    edited April 2009
    nvm...guess I didn't post it on this thread. Oops, sorry... *slaps forehead, how did I not post it on the biggest TB:RB thread*
    edited April 2009
    iagomonk;2336521 said:
    justin19954;2336555 said:
    Where did you get that quote?
    The original quote came from Game Informer Issue#193, it said...

2. Page 25 - Future Features For Rock Band - Rock Band is always offering new content via downloadable songs, but new features are in store for fans of the franchise. Loose Talk has heard that The Beatles: Rock Band will allow multiple singers with different microphones to harmonize on the vocal track to replicate the fab four's fabulous harmonies. We're also hearing that the Rock Band franchise will support some kind of user-created content.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    dsierra87;2334844 said:
    i really don't think this game will be structure as a regular rock band game in which you advance songs in order of difficulty, i believe we will play in chronological order, not really difficulty wise but carrer-wise, anyhow, if you're looking to play this game for difficulty look elsewhere, it's all about playing Beatles music!
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I've been thinking all along since they mentioned playing through the career of The Beatles. The game would lend itself much better to the experience of playing through the Beatles' musical career going chronologically than by simply playing through difficulty tiers.

Really awesome that Paul is getting into it so much.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Wow those Anthologys are awesome. I'm gonna start the third one now!
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2336972 said:
    Really awesome that Paul is getting into it so much.
    Yeah, it sounds like he is genuinely and actively participating in the process, which can only help to make to make this the best possible game that it can be. And that's saying a lot when it comes to The Beatles! :D
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Especially since he really didn't know much about the game in the first place. It's easier to see some bands getting into the process since their kids play and such, but Paul really didn't know much about it before this (as far as I can recall). Can't wait to start playing this in another four + months.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ZOMG the new link with the game footage!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS GAME LOOKS INCREDIBLE

LIKE WOW THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING.
  • Unpleasant NerdUnpleasant Nerd Opening Act
    edited April 2009
  • madcowz967madcowz967 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    this is just my guess, but I'm sure most of us have put our email addresses on the official site (requesting that they let us know when preordering begins). I'm guessing that when we get the emails, the site will be ready to go. I CAN'T WAIT!!!