The Beatles: ROCK BAND - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    justin19954;2440101 said:
    Did the website update, because it's different now. It's the Ed Sullivan Show stage. Maybe they are revealing new venues?
    I was just about to post this... very awesome update
  • dsierra87dsierra87 Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    awesome, guess ed sullivan show is the first venue cofirmed!
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    dsierra87;2440198 said:
    awesome, guess ed sullivan show is the first venue cofirmed!
    Well you could say that studio 2 (Abbey Road) is the first venue comfirmed.
  • craven_triocraven_trio Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    justin19954;2440101 said:
    Did the website update, because it's different now. It's the Ed Sullivan Show stage. Maybe they are revealing new venues?
    Great idea... update the front page, and not the background on the pre-order club page I actually check! And don't send any emails. Ah well at least I still check these threads for the news.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2009
    I had to hit the refresh button to get the background image from the Pre-order club to change...
    edited May 2009
    Sayburr;2440343 said:
    I had to hit the refresh button to get the background image from the Pre-order club to change...
    So it does. I'd pushed refresh earlier in the day (when we'd already had pre-order club updates by last two weeks) and got nothing so assumed they'd updated the front page at that time but not the pre-order page. I take it all back.

On the plus side, I've had a snoop around the source and looks like we're getting videos soon. There's a flash video player commented out of the pre-order club page. Can't find the videos though :D
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Cool to see the new venue on the official site. Nice catch on the video player, too. I'd love to see some of that video ASAP. I'd bet we may get some more stuff on the site once any E3 news comes to pass.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Can someone at least take a screenshot?
  • GloiGloiGloiGloi Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    Ed Sullivan stage screenshot.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ixb0k7.jpg

taken from this shot of the Fabs on Ed Sullivan

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e125/pix2000/theEdSullivanShow.jpg

Pretty darn good I think
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    I guess this means that we'll be seeing some avatars soon! I hope we get a lot of info from E3.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    GloiGloi;2440944 said:

Pretty darn good I think
    Wow! That's really accurate.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it looks great. Does this mean we might see McCartney shooting a glare at Yoko on the rooftop concert? ;)
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Well I guess this is the pre-order club update for the week. Not as cool as instruments, song choices etc., but still pretty nice. The Sullivan set looks great. I'm really being impressed by the attention to detail. If nothing else, a lot of care and love seems to be going into making this game.

Is this the fifth 'confirmed' venue? I remember articles/other sources mentioning the Cavern Club, Shea Stadium, the Abbey Road studio and Abbey Road studio rooftop.
  • miche.csmiche.cs Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2442326 said:
    Well I guess this is the pre-order club update for the week. Not as cool as instruments, song choices etc., but still pretty nice. The Sullivan set looks great. I'm really being impressed by the attention to detail. If nothing else, a lot of care and love seems to be going into making this game.

Is this the fifth 'confirmed' venue? I remember articles/other sources mentioning the Cavern Club, Shea Stadium, the Abbey Road studio and Abbey Road studio rooftop.
    Not to be a pedant but the rooftop gig was at Apple's headquarters in Savile Row near Piccadilly Circus. Sorry to be a dick and point that out. I presume it was the rooftop concert from Let it Be you were referring to.

I had hoped for drum screen shots this week but I did have a feeling we'd end up with something else instead to keep the suspense up. Prob see the full gear at E3 now huh?
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443248 said:
    Not to be a pedant but the rooftop gig was at Apple's headquarters in Savile Row near Piccadilly Circus. Sorry to be a dick and point that out. I presume it was the rooftop concert from Let it Be you were referring to.
    Yeah, I couldn't remember where the concert was held. I knew it was either on the Abbey Road roof or Apple. I guessed wrong. :)
    edited May 2009
    GloiGloi;2440944 said:

Pretty darn good I think
    The full quality 1280x1024 picture straight from the site http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/web/sullivan.jpg good for a wallpaper maybe :)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    I'm just really curious if they're going to include the early Rock n Roll covers they did like Twist and Shout etc or if it's going to be the Beatles back catalogue only.
    edited May 2009
    I'd be surprised if they don't. You can't have live Beatles shows without 'Twist & Shout' , 'Roll Over Beethoven' , 'Rock & Roll Music' or 'Long Tall Sally'
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443264 said:
    I'm just really curious if they're going to include the early Rock n Roll covers they did like Twist and Shout etc or if it's going to be the Beatles back catalogue only.
    If they don't include Twist and Shout, what am I going to use to open the Shea Stadium concert? :) Seriously, though, if they don't include Twist And Shout I will be severely disappointed. It's probably in my top 5 Beatles songs of all time, and would be so much fun.

Which makes me wonder: in Quickplay, will the songs be tied to specific venues/times. So, for instance, if I play Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds it will come up in the Sgt Peppers/psychedelic venue but not, say, at the Cavern Club and vice-versa for something like Twist And Shout.
    edited May 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2443299 said:
    If they don't include Twist and Shout, what am I going to use to open the Shea Stadium concert? :) Seriously, though, if they don't include Twist And Shout I will be severely disappointed. It's probably in my top 5 Beatles songs of all time, and would be so much fun.

Which makes me wonder: in Quickplay, will the songs be tied to specific venues/times. So, for instance, if I play Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds it will come up in the Sgt Peppers/psychedelic venue but not, say, at the Cavern Club and vice-versa for something like Twist And Shout.
    I would like to think in quickplay it'll be random venues and random costumes etc. Just for the sake of amusement at seeing some of the combinations:)
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443301 said:
    I would like to think in quickplay it'll be random venues and random costumes etc. Just for the sake of amusement at seeing some of the combinations:)
    Yeah, anything with a Yellow Submarine venue would be win.

I Am The Walrus at the Star Club, anyone?
    edited May 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2443303 said:

I Am The Walrus at the Star Club, anyone?
    It'll be really interesting to see what they're doing with venues for the later songs as they didn't really do that many TV shows etc. Wonder if they'll recreate some of the music video promo's they did to send to all the TV shows around the world.
    edited May 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2443303 said:
    Yeah, I'd love to see pepperland and the Yellow submarine characters in the game.
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443306 said:
    It'll be really interesting to see what they're doing with venues for the later songs as they didn't really do that many TV shows etc. Wonder if they'll recreate some of the music video promo's they did to send to all the TV shows around the world.
    I'm anticipating some more 'theme' kind of venues. It's been hinted at in interviews that the story will go through their psychedelic phase, so I'm expecting some weird kind of venues with that. I'm picturing kind of like the Tool venues in GH:WT, but not being so God-awfully lame and ugly. Maybe a Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club venue? Or, like I said, a Yellow Submarine venue based off of The Beatles cartoon.
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443306 said:
    Well they definitely had the Hey Bulldog studio film in among the stuff in the background at Coachella & Vegas
    this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z808MqeB_D0
    I was just looking at the footage on the screen and at one point Paul was playing a white piano , 17 seconds in here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6LRKxRHzzc (Could be Hey Jude from how they look?)
    Do you think there's any significance in that? Are we going to be able to play a keyboard?
    I'm waffling because I'm getting excited now, I hope for the Rain/Paperback writer and Penny Lane/strawbrry fields videos being used in some form.
    edited May 2009
    GloiGloi;2443323 said:

I'm waffling because I'm getting excited now, I hope for the Rain/Paperback writer and Penny Lane/strawbrry fields videos being used in some form.
    With the Paul Avatar missing teeth? I always find that really distracting in the Rain/Paperback writer video.
    edited May 2009
    miche.cs;2443364 said:
    With the Paul Avatar missing teeth? I always find that really distracting in the Rain/Paperback writer video.
    If they get down to that level of detail, I will be impressed. :D
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2009
    GloiGloi;2443323 said:

Are we going to be able to play a keyboard?
    No keyboard was announced with the official press release... Drums, Guitar, Bass and Vocals were all that were mentioned.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    The Beatles Rock Band website now shows the Ed Sullivan Theater. Very interesting.

Kotaku

The Beatles RB