What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited February 2009
    We watched Contact in religion class today (:
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    Just came back from Coraline in 3D!

    I thought it was really good~ not as creepy as I thought it would be~~ and maybe just a tad bit too long~

    Very visually pleasing, they did a great job on the 3D part. It wasn't anything over the top~ They used it to add sense of depth to the film.

    I'm glad we didn't take my little sister though~ she would have had nightmares~
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Watched the majority of Forrest Gump the other day...such a great, great film.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited February 2009
    I saw The Reader yesterday. I think it's kind of overrated. I definitely understand why Kate Winslet is nominated for Best Actress - she was great. But the movie itself probably shouldn't have been nominated for Best Picture, in my opinion.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited February 2009
    Yesterday I finally saw the Wrestler and then I watched Apollo 13. Both were excellent movies. Rourke's performance definitely outweighed the movie.
  • MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    I spent all yesterday watching movies, I saw Rachel Getting Married (this is really good, especially anne hathaway's performance), Religilous (raises some interesting point of views, some of which I disagree with), Sex Drive (somewhat ok, it has its funny moments) and How To Lose Friends & Alienate People (this one is really funny and I liked the story even though its all been done before)
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited February 2009
    I watched My Name Is Bruce last night and I thought it was great.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    I watched Zack and Miri again with some friends last night. Love that movie. Seth Rogen is hysterical. The only thing that movie needed was Paul Rudd. But that's only because every movie needs Paul Rudd.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    Whisper of the Heart (1995): http://myanimelist.net/anime/585/Whisper_of_the_Heart

    Really nice slice of life/romantic drama Anime film~ as expected of Studio Ghibli. 8/10
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Choke (2008) - Man I love me some Chuck Palahniuk. Even though the movie wasn't 100% in line with the novel, it still gave the "vibe" of Palahniuk's Choke. The casting was great and all really felt like the characters from the book. When Kelley Macdonald first appeared onscreen, I immediately said "That's Paige!!", but when she spoke, she had kind of a "high-school theater tone" in her voice that made it seem more like she was reading than actually speaking. Sam Rockwell as always was hilariously brilliant and while Angelica Huston as older Ida Mancini wasn't a knockout, she really encompassed what younger Ida was all about. If you liked the novel, a definite recommend, but if you haven't read the novel you'll probably be saying "wtf?" a lot. 7/10

    The Public Enemy (1931) - The more James Cagney movies I watch, the more he moves up my favorite actors list. The Public Enemy is the story of a young team of friends growing up in turn of the century America struggling to find the line between right and wrong. Eventually as they get older, they end up on the wrong side of the line when Prohibition is put into effect and they see the opportunity to make loads of cash in bootlegging and rackateering. Cagney plays the quintessential 30's mobster and doesn't disappoint here either. 8/10
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    The last actual movie with a plot that I watched was Wall-E.

    The last full-length DVD that I watched was Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio. :P
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2009
    The last movie I watched was yesterday. I watched "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan". Looking forward to getting it on Blu-Ray now!
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    My dad snuck Wrath of Khan onto my DVR~ I'll check it out~

    Le Petit Lieutenant: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/petit_lieutenant/
    Felt like there was something missing.. it just wasn't exciting at all.
  • R33DH4MR33DH4M Banned
    edited February 2009
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited February 2009
    I actually watched American Carol.

    All I can say is wow. Hard to tell if it was a serious comedic attempt by the right or a satire of the right.
  • Ryno1116Ryno1116 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    the last movie i saw was Paul Blart Mall Cop
    i wanted to see it because it looked funny but ended up being more funny then i thought. thought it was a bit short (only about 1h and 30 min) but it was still good.
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Religulous (2008) - Fantastically hilarious. Bill Maher and Larry Charles (Borat director) travel the world talking with religious leaders, people of faith, and fanatics trying to understand the fascination people have with religion and faith. But he does it in a very Bill Maher-esque fashion, basically calling people out right on the spot in regards to holes in their "stories". My personal favorite moment comes when he visits "The Holy Land" amusement park in Florida and has a nice conversation with "Jesus". Whether you're a religious person or not, I highly recommend this doc! 8/10
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Bourne Identity with cutie last night :)
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2009
    sweet-t310;2013741 said:
    Religulous (2008) - Fantastically hilarious. Bill Maher and Larry Charles (Borat director) travel the world talking with religious leaders, people of faith, and fanatics trying to understand the fascination people have with religion and faith. But he does it in a very Bill Maher-esque fashion, basically calling people out right on the spot in regards to holes in their "stories". My personal favorite moment comes when he visits "The Holy Land" amusement park in Florida and has a nice conversation with "Jesus". Whether you're a religious person or not, I highly recommend this doc! 8/10
    I don't know man. Bill Maher is definetely not the guy to be doing this kind of thing IMO. People's faths are very personal things that need to be respected, not ridiculed.

    Bill Maher goes into this completely mean-spirited and out to prove the point that everybody who believes in religion must be an idiot.

    A documentary on this subject should be handled by someone looking to expose the loopholes (and idiocies) of religion in a respectful manner and someone who is willing to let viewers make up their own minds about the subject at hand.
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited February 2009
    Religulous was a great watch. Maher stated that he intended for it to be comical and it was. I do think that anyone can go and question faith and come with the same results as he did. He obviously had an agenda but what is so bad about that compared to the agenda he was questioning. I loved the movie and will watch it again.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2009
    brobot;2013773 said:
    Religulous was a great watch. Maher stated that he intended for it to be comical and it was. I do think that anyone can go and question faith and come with the same results as he did. He obviously had an agenda but what is so bad about that compared to the agenda he was questioning. I loved the movie and will watch it again.
    I'm not saying that his agenda was worse than that of religion, I just believe that publicly ridiculing religion and it's followers is a really bad idea. Like I said, the only thing I took from the film is that Maher has an extreme hate of all religion and considers it's followers complete morons.

    I don't mind people questioning religion (Hell, I do it all the time!), and I don't mind them doing it in a public way. However, when doing it in a public way they should be respectful of relgion's and their followers. They should also be doing it in a way that opens public discussion by presenting all sides of the arguement, even if the overall agenda is pro or anti-relgion.
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    whofan;2013759 said:
    I don't know man. Bill Maher is definetely not the guy to be doing this kind of thing IMO. People's faths are very personal things that need to be respected, not ridiculed.

    Bill Maher goes into this completely mean-spirited and out to prove the point that everybody who believes in religion must be an idiot.

    A documentary on this subject should be handled by someone looking to expose the loopholes (and idiocies) of religion in a respectful manner and someone who is willing to let viewers make up their own minds about the subject at hand.
    I understand your point of how he shouldn't try to push his beliefs on others, but he only pushes his beliefs on the people who are out there pushing their beliefs on others. As he said, he is a "messenger of doubt". As an atheist, I am constantly bombarded by people of faith (I do live in Alabama) who are constantly questioning me as to why I don't believe, but it's considered taboo for me to ask the same questions back to them as to why they do believe. Bill Maher asks those questions in Religulous.
    brobot;2013773 said:
    Religulous was a great watch. Maher stated that he intended for it to be comical and it was. I do think that anyone can go and question faith and come with the same results as he did. He obviously had an agenda but what is so bad about that compared to the agenda he was questioning. I loved the movie and will watch it again.
    And to follow what I was just saying, Brobot nailed it on the head, in that he's not trying to persuade people to be heathen atheists, but he's simply pointing out that if you stand back from it, Religion is a pretty funny thing.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2009
    sweet-t310;2013804 said:
    I understand your point of how he shouldn't try to push his beliefs on others, but he only pushes his beliefs on the people who are out there pushing their beliefs on others. As he said, he is a "messenger of doubt". As an atheist, I am constantly bombarded by people of faith (I do live in Alabama) who are constantly questioning me as to why I don't believe, but it's considered taboo for me to ask the same questions back to them as to why they do believe. Bill Maher asks those questions in Religulous.



    And to follow what I was just saying, Brobot nailed it on the head, in that he's not trying to persuade people to be heathen atheists, but he's simply pointing out that if you stand back from it, Religion is a pretty funny thing.
    I feel sorry for you for being constantly bombarded. I really do despise evangelist religions (I'm a musical spiritualist myself, though I was born and baptised United). Regardless, everybody has their own view on the subject and I'll leave it at that before we get too far off topic here. If you want to carry on the discussion, you can always PM me
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen (Paradox Spiral)

    Great series of Anime films that are coming out in Japan right now. This was by far the best one. The whole series is kind of like Memento~ in that the order of the movies is not chronological, so you slowly piece together the story as you watch each movie. I guess there's not many Anime fans on these forums~ but it's worth looking into if you want to see a few good violent supernatural/action movie series and don't mind subtitles. The first four films are only around 45 minutes long. The fifth one was about 2 hours.

    Here's the trailer for the first movie
  • Russian313373Russian313373 Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    Interstella 5555 (daft punk silent musical)

    W.

    errg, nothing more than that
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    Tekkon Kinkreet: 8/10
    Really cool action/drama Anime film~ though it was kind of rushed near the end. I also think the story could have been much better.
    Maybe it's because this was the first Anime film directed by an American~ and he was trying to fit too much into a two hour film.
  • MisterAwesomeMisterAwesome Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    i watched five minutes of juno earlier does that count?
  • Jordan77Jordan77 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Push, EXTREMELY NOT recommended, i laughed so hard
  • daftuprisingdaftuprising Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    300 and happy gilmore with my girlfriend
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited February 2009
    girls gone wild.....JK. I saw iron man for the first time last night
Sign In or Register to comment.