What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Watchmen ....saw it in IMAX so blue dong just filled the entire view. Never read the graphic novel but I actually got it and enjoyed it.

Crank 2: High Voltage. Weird yet entertaining. It's a bit more surreal than the first movie though and didn't feel as well put together as the first one.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Badgad Cafe. Very good but took me some time to get used to the characters.
    edited April 2009
    Mega-Tallica;2311682 said:

The Fast And The Furious('09): This movie was okay, it's hard to make a better one than the first. Nice to see the original cast back.
    Transformers: Just watched this movie about 5 minutes ago, absolutely fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.
    Everyone has his own tastes, but those movies are nothing but money banks.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2009
    I watched Yes Man over the weekend with my family and expected it to be drivel, but there were enough belly laughs to make it worthwhile.

But good lord does Jim Carrey look old now.
  • edited April 2009
    watched The Brothers Bloom at the Boston Independent Film Fest - highly recommend when it comes out in wider release. Very awesome (done by the same guy who did Brick).
  • BeccaaBeccaa Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    the old batman.. damn michelle phiefer is fineeeee!!
    then dark night.... ledger was pretty tasty too ;) (R.I.P)
  • Watchmen89Watchmen89 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Laid to Rest 8/10
    Going in I knew it would be a gory, B-horror movie so it was no surprise that the acting was not Oscar worthy and the story was very cliche. However, when viewing these films, I look for just having a good time and I could tell the director enjoyed making the film. Great SFX by the makeup crew. If you enjoy slasher flicks, check it out.
  • Watchmen89Watchmen89 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Sunshine Cleaning 8.5/10
    Oh forgot I saw this over the weekend as well. I love Amy Adams so I might be a little biased about the movie :) but I did enjoy the story and loved the two sisters. It had some melodramatic material but overall, it was a good story lead by two amazing acting jobs by Adams and Emily Blunt.

Seeing X-Men Origins: Wolverine Friday... I have a feeling it will be horrible but who knows. Maybe it could be so bad that it makes it an enjoyable time. I guess I'll see...
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    The promos for Wolverine look awful and word of mouth sounds pretty bad. They've really have taken poor care of the franchise it seems. :mad: But I could be wrong, maybe it will meet typical summer fare.

Strangely I'm more interested in the new Star Trek and Terminator movies. :eek:
  • Neon-POPNeon-POP Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I tried watching a copy of The Spirit I had rented and got bored 5 minutes into the movie. That movie has some stiff acting.
  • DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    If you're a Wolverine and/or X-Men comic book fan, that knows both, the back story to Wolverine and the X-Men. Then you will be very upset at this movie.

If all you know of the X-Men and Wolverine is what you've seen in the movies, then you will like the movie.

That simple.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Anyone see anything good lately? ... Oh! has anyone seen Crank 2? I wanna see that, will prolly wait for DVD though
  • StewieStewie Stewie Star
    edited May 2009
  • thesicklyillthesicklyill Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    Star Wars series.

They were good, the nostalgia was cool 9/10
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    The last actual movie I watched was Slumdog Millionaire (9/10)
    The last DVD I put in though was Lamb Of God's Killadelphia (which gets a 10/10 for having drunken, kilt-wearing Randy Blythe with a Scottish accent)
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited May 2009
    Crash and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching the series Carnivale right now. It's excellent I recommend it to everybody. 9/10
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3qEXfuc2s)
  • VicinityOfObscenityVicinityOfObscenity Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    The last DVD I watched was Screamers. It's one of my favorite movies because it has System of a Down in it. :)

Here's a link. You can actually watch the movie on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpHkzwE4qzg

You need a YouTube account to watch it, however. It's rated R.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    One of the last movies I've seen (I watch a lot) was Black Sheep.

No, not the Farley/Spade movie. This Black Sheep. Synopsis: "An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm."

Trailer

It was everything I expected! Cheesy characters, grisly rubber effects, a 5-minute-written-on-a-napkin plot, everything I love about comedy horror films. Plus, how can you not love sheep fighting back? I mean, MUTATED SHEEP! THEY'RE SHEEP! :D

Yeah, my roommate and I watch a lot of these.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited May 2009
    CJHobbes;2350048 said:
    One of the last movies I've seen (I watch a lot) was Black Sheep.

No, not the Farley/Spade movie. This Black Sheep. Synopsis: "An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm."

Trailer

It was everything I expected! Cheesy characters, grisly rubber effects, a 5-minute-written-on-a-napkin plot, everything I love about comedy horror films. Plus, how can you not love sheep fighting back? I mean, MUTATED SHEEP! THEY'RE SHEEP! :D

Yeah, my roommate and I watch a lot of these.
    Sadly, I've heard of this one. :\
  • Ezekiel17Ezekiel17 Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    Last movie I saw in theaters was Watchmen.
    It was good, but book/graphic novel to movie adaptions always leave some key stuff out. I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out on DVD.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I just finished watching Heavy Metal.

It was really weird.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited May 2009
    While I was off of work (Had an ingrown toenail removed) I watched "Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse In Black And White: Volume 2". Those are some absolutely classic shorts. Disney sure knew what he was doing. It's too bad that shorts aren't produced anymore, they'd be way better than sitting through 30 minutes of car commercials!

I'd love to go to a movie and have it preceeded with a new Mickey, Donald and Goofy short to get a few laughs in.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    whofan;2350381 said:
    I'd love to go to a movie and have it preceeded with a new Mickey, Donald and Goofy short to get a few laughs in.
    I agree, and I love the fact that Pixar includes shorts before some of their films. It just gives that little extra to the movie going experience.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    CJHobbes;2350469 said:
    I agree, and I love the fact that Pixar includes shorts before some of their films. It just gives that little extra to the movie going experience.
    I heard that in the 50's and 60's, they always had a short funny film before every movie at movie theaters.

Pixar's top dog in the animated movie industry--they haven't made one bad movie and they know how to keep it real.
  • VicinityOfObscenityVicinityOfObscenity Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching Coming to America on Comedy Central right now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094898/
    edited May 2009
    I saw one of my favorite movies again recently, Panic Room

I also saw The Crucible, starring Daniel-Day Lewis, who is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors

Anyone see the new Star Trek? I'm hoping to see that next weekend
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Star Trek in IMAX!

It was exciting and good. They threw in lots of character catchphrases.. and of course there's the red shirt always dying on an away mission hehe.
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching Schindler's List in class, were a third of the way through I believe. It's quite sad.
    edited May 2009
    Masquerade;2388525 said:
    I'm watching Schindler's List in class, were a third of the way through I believe. It's quite sad.
    Yeah~ I was finally able to see the end of that a while back~ first time around the disc was messed up.

I have to say though~ I think the best modern WWII movie is a tie between The Pianist and Saving Private Ryan