What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• VicinityOfObscenityVicinityOfObscenity Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching Coming to America on Comedy Central right now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094898/
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    I saw one of my favorite movies again recently, Panic Room

I also saw The Crucible, starring Daniel-Day Lewis, who is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors

Anyone see the new Star Trek? I'm hoping to see that next weekend
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Star Trek in IMAX!

It was exciting and good. They threw in lots of character catchphrases.. and of course there's the red shirt always dying on an away mission hehe.
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching Schindler's List in class, were a third of the way through I believe. It's quite sad.
    edited May 2009
    Masquerade;2388525 said:
    I'm watching Schindler's List in class, were a third of the way through I believe. It's quite sad.
    Yeah~ I was finally able to see the end of that a while back~ first time around the disc was messed up.

I have to say though~ I think the best modern WWII movie is a tie between The Pianist and Saving Private Ryan
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited May 2009
    jayou521;2388771 said:
    Yeah~ I was finally able to see the end of that a while back~ first time around the disc was messed up.

I have to say though~ I think the best modern WWII movie is a tie between The Pianist and Saving Private Ryan
    I haven't seen either of those movies :X I've heard good things though, I'll check 'em out sometime.
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    twilight :

that.
    Movie.
    Was.
    fail.
    edited May 2009
    DrumStix;2389385 said:
    twilight
    Were you somehow forced into seeing that? ... or did you actually watch of your own free will? :p

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot poll. I have HBO's series True Blood to satisfy my need for vampire action.
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited May 2009
    jayou521;2389419 said:
    Were you somehow forced into seeing that? ... or did you actually watch of your own free will? :p

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot poll. I have HBO's series True Blood to satisfy my need for vampire action.
    10 forum bucks says it was a girlfriend or female family member!
    edited May 2009
    iamtheddrman;2389430 said:
    10 forum bucks says it was a girlfriend or female family member!

Not gonna believe this,

I had to see the f-ing thing TWICE! :eek::eek:

Yep, BOTH . . . *Choking* agh . . . .
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Anvil: The Story of Anvil (loved it)
    Global Metal (despised it)
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited May 2009
    JCVD and am now watching Karate Kid

JSVD is awesome and I always like Karate Kid.
    edited May 2009
    DrumStix;2389445 said:
    Not gonna believe this,

My condolences...
    edited May 2009
    jayou521;2389487 said:
    My condolences...

Thanks . . .

But that movie . . .

*coughchickflickcough*
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited May 2009
    DrumStix;2389445 said:
    Not gonna believe this,

Yep, BOTH . . . *Choking* agh . . . .
    Bahaha! I called it! My sister (27 years old, and teaching elementary school) tried to drag me to see it. I was like "WTF NO" and that was it :p
    edited May 2009
    iamtheddrman;2389496 said:
    bahaha! I called it! My sister (27 years old, and teaching elementary school) tried to drag me to see it. I was like "wtf no" and that was it :p

don't see it.

For the love of god.
    Vampires = true blood
    edited May 2009
    DrumStix;2389503 said:
    For the love of god.
    Vampires = true blood
    Second season starting June 14th! I can't wait.
    edited May 2009
    jayou521;2389513 said:
    Second season starting June 14th! I can't wait.
    The series rox. GREAT alternative to the holy abomination I just saw 2 days ago. =/
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited May 2009
    I lack the attention span/interest to watch movies. It's not like it's important or anything, what's my motivation?
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited May 2009
    Tonight, we saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Ick.
    edited May 2009
    kiggidykev;2389535 said:
    Your custom title is creepy, but how was it?
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2009
    I saw the new Star Trek last night and I loved it.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited May 2009
    DrumStix;2389540 said:
    Your custom title is creepy, but how was it?
    Creepy? I think it's dashing!

Well we got into the theatre about 15 minutes into the movie because of long lines, and didn't miss any of the story really. I guess I'm not the in the target audience for this movie, because maybe two of the jokes made me laugh. The big scene where Kevin James plays Rock Band was even a little much for me to take, heh.
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    kiggidykev;2389535 said:
    you couldn't have just assumed that from the previews? :p

I figure they pretty much showed all the funny parts in the preview so there was no need to be tricked like that. I don't like getting 11th Houred.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    kiggidykev;2389535 said:
    I've heard it's got a lot of pitch black humor with a seriously messed up heart. Sounds intriguing actually though not enough toget me to see in theaters.

I just got back from the new Star Trek film. I'm a pretty big Trek guy (love me some TNG, DS9 and of course the original series), while my friend never liked Trek. He, not surprisingly, came out liking it a little more than me. Long story short it was at times fun and the characters came up big, purist quibbles aside, but could have been much better with a intelligent story, even just a better script (lots of convenient coincidences). Oh and Abrams, ENOUGH WITH THE LENS FLARES! It got beyond silly like ten minutes in.

I give it a score of 6/10, but if you like summer action flicks you might like it more.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2009
    metalhead27;2389970 said:

I just got back from the new Star Trek film. I'm a pretty big Trek guy (love me some TNG, DS9 and of course the original series), while my friend never liked Trek. He, not surprisingly, came out liking it a little more than me. Long story short it was at times fun and the characters came up big, purist quibbles aside, but could have been much better with a intelligent story, even just a better script (lots of convenient coincidences). Oh and Abrams, ENOUGH WITH THE LENS FLARES! It got beyond silly like ten minutes in.

I give it a score of 6/10, but if you like summer action flicks you might like it more.
    I had the exact opposite reaction. I loved the movie. And I'm not new to Trek; I was raised on the original show and watched TNG all through school. DS9 is okay, I really like Voyager and Enterprise is real hit or miss. But I was really into the movie.
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited May 2009
    Watched Karate Kid 1 and 2. Now I'm doing the Crane all over the house! Ummm not in a dirty way.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;2390043 said:
    I had the exact opposite reaction. I loved the movie. And I'm not new to Trek; I was raised on the original show and watched TNG all through school. DS9 is okay, I really like Voyager and Enterprise is real hit or miss. But I was really into the movie.
    I'm glad you liked it. My biggest problem with the film is I don't think there is a clear narrative theme or goal beyond selling these actors as the charactors. Which was done well, but the villian/threat of the plot is purely functional, Nero hardly exists as a character, and SPOILER: Vulcan's destruction feels like simply a plot device and is forgotten easily. There's no storytelling here, only entertainment, which I find disappointing, but maybe this is just act 1 and the studios will be more willing to do something bold for sequels, they do have the pieces in place and the leeway. I'm just not sure Abrams has the vision.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Watched X-men Wolverine on Thursday for my bday and I really enjoyed it. :D
  • fiedy88fiedy88 Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    finally saw the first ghostbusters all the way through, and Men in Black was on TNT last night, and that flick is awesome. i have seen it maybe over 50 times already, but it's still rockin.