Watched X-men Wolverine on Thursday for my bday and I really enjoyed it. :D

ya, i saw it on opening nite. literally, night 11:00

it was great.

step brothers was.....well...
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
  • ThrobingCaneThrobingCane Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I watched to many movies last night, Mortal Kombat, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
  • DeadPhoenix223DeadPhoenix223 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Empire Of The Sun (1987) <3

I loved it, it's one of the best movies i've seen in a long time Christain Bale is like 13, and he still rocks! Amazing acting! It takes place in the last few months of WWII, where a rich British boy named Jim is living in Shanhai with his parents, when thye Japanese army come in and force his every Allied nation civilian out. Jim (Christian Bale) eventually goes off to a Japanese prison camp where he learns every virtue of manliness.
    It's a great movie with an awesome way of explaining WWII, and i loved it.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    I watched Star Trek, Chronicles of Riddick, and Transformers yesterday.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Watched Wanted with my mom earlier (2nd time I've seen it now...). :p
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Saw the new Star Trek movie. Pretty good. A solid 7.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I saw Bolt, it was pretty cool.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    ThrobingCane;2391328 said:
    I watched to many movies last night, Mortal Kombat, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
    MK is still the best video game movie imo, and I still enjoy it. And I mean unironically. :D
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    throbingcane;2391328 said:
    Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
    this.......... IS MY BOOOOOOOOM STICK! :D
  • ElegyElegy Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Star Trek. Loved it.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited May 2009
    Big Lebowski. Not as funny as so many people hype it up to be.
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited May 2009
    I just watched Special. One of the best comic book movies ever.
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Snakes on a Plane, stupid FX changed the best part. :D
  • ThrobingCaneThrobingCane Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I watched Batman and Robin tonight, Just cause me and my friends were making fun of it...we just had to watch it. I mean come on a batman credit card.
    metalhead27;2393061 said:
    MK is still the best video game movie imo, and I still enjoy it. And I mean unironically. :D
    Yeah I agree, To bad the second one sucked so bad:(
    jayou521;2393154 said:
    this.......... IS MY BOOOOOOOOM STICK! :D
    Ill swallow your SOUL, Ill swallow your SOUL!!!
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2009
    AKALink;2392396 said:
    I saw Bolt, it was pretty cool.
    I saw that one recently and was very pleasantly surprised. I ended up liking it so much that I went out and bought the DVD.
    metalhead27;2393061 said:
    I actually think the best video game movie was Silent Hill.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited May 2009
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I loved it!
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Star Trek

Loved the movie, hated what they did to the franchise...
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited May 2009
    Buffdog18;2393787 said:
    Snakes on a Plane, stupid FX changed the best part. :D
    We got some monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday-to-Friday plane!

I saw Star Trek this weekend and thought it was great. I watched very little of the original series, but knew a little about the characters. I watched TNG growing up, so I'm not a complete n00b to the series. That said, I liked the approach of showing the characters in the Academy and how they all came together, but thought parts of the story were weak. However, they DID explain a lot of things that tied into the old series and movies (which I'm watching now) which I thought was cool. The visuals were fantastic, as were the sound and special effects. The casting choices were spot-on and the overall theme of the movie was there. All of the iconic lines were there and it seemed like a very cool approach to the series.

Verdict: 9/10

I also saw "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and "The Wrath of Khan" yesterday. TMP was horribly boring with long pauses that I could only explain as the studio going "Look at our special effects!" which doesn't hold up decades later. I suppose the same thing could be said of the new movie, but that's something time will tell, I suppose. "The Wrath of Khan" was really good. Great story, a more action-packed approach to the series, and more engaging characters overall. Plus, who can knock a movie with the famous line: "KKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!" :D
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Watched "The Great Debaters" and I thought it was a pretty good movie. Denzel Washington was the main character and he played one of his better roles than in his other movies. Basically, Denzel's character forms a debate team at a college of all African-Americans to debate against some of the primary white debate teams like Harvard back in the day African-Americans still didn't have rights. Great movie, based on true stoiry too.
  • edited May 2009
    trying to find time to see Star Trek a second time. LOVED it.

Also, recently watched a documentary, Confessions of a Super Hero that I highly recommend. Also rewatched CryBaby - hadn't seen it in more than 15 years. Wow - I was totally clueless as a little kid.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    I can't wait to see Star Trek even more now~ I feel so out of the loop not having seen it yet. Hopefully I will see it Saturday morning.

I haven't seen a movie in a while~ the space on my DVR is getting lower, so I have to watch something soon.

Think I'll find something to see now ...
  • AbunaiTikiAbunaiTiki Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    The Land Before Time...LMAO!
    edited May 2009
    AbunaiTiki;2415265 said:
    The Land Before Time...LMAO!
    Flippin' awesome! I love that movie
  • rgdraftingrgdrafting Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    HMXThrasher;2411838 said:
    trying to find time to see Star Trek a second time. LOVED it.

Also, recently watched a documentary, Confessions of a Super Hero that I highly recommend. Also rewatched CryBaby - hadn't seen it in more than 15 years. Wow - I was totally clueless as a little kid.
    That's too funny! Now that I'm a parent of a tweenager, I am starting to realize how many movies I used to watch at that age that I obviously didn't "get".
    edited May 2009
    After seeing the new Star Trek, I've been in kind of a Trek mood, so over the past few days I watched Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek: Nemesis. Oh, and Man On Fire for about the hundredth time - because it's awesome.
    edited May 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;2415301 said:
    After seeing the new Star Trek, I've been in kind of a Trek mood, so over the past few days I watched Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek: Nemesis. Oh, and Man On Fire for about the hundredth time - because it's awesome.
    I watched TMP and Wrath of Khan yesterday, lol
    edited May 2009
    iamtheddrman;2415304 said:
    I watched TMP and Wrath of Khan yesterday, lol
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)
  • thehunted616thehunted616 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Haunting of Connecticut.

crazy movie. I mean made me jump a couple times.