What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Before i go to bed tonight. Watching The Majestic awesome movie. Jim Carrey is just so awesome!
  • SmellyArmandoSmellyArmando Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    Just saw Doubt. Meryl Streep is my new hero. And Seymour Hoffman has always been teh awesome.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    AbunaiTiki;2415265 said:
    The Land Before Time...LMAO!
    Hellz yeah!! The movie of my childhood right there. I still get all teary eyed when I see it :)

Last night I saw Prizzi's Honor~ starring Jack Nicholson. It was alright, not bad but not the best I've seen from Nicholson
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited May 2009
    I had a project to do in english where you compare the book to its movie version, and we did the jungle book, except it wasn't the animated disney one.

This one was from like, 1942 and in color. Call me ignorant, but I had no clue that they had color back then. It was technicolor, but still, I was impressed. Watch it if you're bored, the special effects are hilarious compared to today's standards.
  • edited May 2009
    I have a pile of netflix at home that I have yet to get to. Hopefully tonight I will have some time to watch either Rachel Getting Married or Hard Candy.
  • AnvilFanAnvilFan Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    You kidding?!? ANVIL THE STORY OF ANVIL - but then, what would you expect. If you haven't checked it out, they seem to be getting new theaters every week. www.anvilmovie.com posts the new ones when they come out. \m/ !!!
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited May 2009
    BuRn7 CaK3;2415397 said:
    Before i go to bed tonight. Watching The Majestic awesome movie. Jim Carrey is just so awesome!

Bruce Campbell is in this.
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited May 2009
    Just finished watching Schindler's List in class yesterday...it was so heart breaking. It was still a really good movie though.
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited May 2009
    Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. :D
  • ThrobingCaneThrobingCane Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I watched Happy Gilmore tonight for the first time in like 2-3 years, I forgot how awesome this movie was. Mr Larson was the best character... imo
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    You Don't Mess With the Zohan, and the Arby N' the Chief Movie :D
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Angels & Demons. It was decent but I wouldn't watch it again

Angels & Demons (book)>>>>Angels & Demons (movie)>The Da Vinci Code (movie) [never read the book]
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited May 2009
    X-Files: I Want to Believe. Bleh... It was like a mediocre "freak of the week" episode stretched to an hour and 45 minutes. X-Files: I Want My Money Back.
  • DeadPhoenix223DeadPhoenix223 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    i'm going to see Star Trek in 2 hours, I hope it's good.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    zack10house;2426161 said:
    Angels & Demons. It was decent but I wouldn't watch it again

Angels & Demons (book)>>>>Angels & Demons (movie)>The Da Vinci Code (movie) [never read the book]
    The Da Vinci Code book was better than the Angels&Demons book.

I've seen Benjamin Button recently. Was good but too long.

I've also seen Star Trek. It's got lots of action but it's kinda stupid (like most action movies).
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited May 2009
    We rented Babylon AD last night because we like Vin Diesel movies, but it was pretty bad. Like it was trying too hard to be a religious think-piece and a shoot-em-up at the same time.
  • thebrotherscupthebrotherscup Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    I'm in the middle of watching Shakespeare In Love. It's a pretty cool movie especially if you like Romeo & Juliet.
  • estemshornestemshorn Banned
    edited May 2009
    young frankenstein

on blu-ray

awesome.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2009
    thebrotherscup;2426540 said:
    I'm in the middle of watching Shakespeare In Love. It's a pretty cool movie especially if you like Romeo & Juliet.
    I love that movie.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    I saw The Strangers this morning... what a crappy ending~ pretty average horror film.
  • frostywolffrostywolf Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    The last movie I watched was Thunderball. I always get bored after the part at the Kiss Kiss Club, but everything before that is awesome.
  • thesicklyillthesicklyill Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    The Day The Earth Stood Still, I have never seen such a good movie with so many inconsistencies. One, Valcourt (or whatever his name is) has blood on his right side (from his angle) but then takes the magic cream on his left side. Another is that the people where able to outrun the bugs, but the bugs somehow caught up to a truck? and if the bugs where slower than the people running at 15 mph, then it would take several days for the bugs to fully engulf the world. There were many more that I have forgotten because I'm currently sick, but there where a lot, great movie though.
  • Lithium_666Lithium_666 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    100 feet which was pretty good.
    The uninvited which was awesome, havent seen a movie with that big of a surprise in a while. Wont ruin it though
  • CHK10063764CHK10063764 Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    I watched the original Dawn of the Dead and 28 days later back to back a few days ago.

Dawn of the Dead - It seemed rather tame compared to the horror films you see today. Its focus was less on gore and more on the drama. I really liked it. I prefer this to the remake which I watched first.

28 Days Later - It was less scary than I thought it would be. I'm a total wimp when watching horror films, so I fast forwarded a couple of times, when I couldn't take the suspense. XD
    edited May 2009
    CHK10063764;2433805 said:
    I watched the original Dawn of the Dead and 28 days later back to back a few days ago.

Dawn of the Dead - It seemed rather tame compared to the horror films you see today. Its focus was less on gore and more on the drama. I really liked it. I prefer this to the remake which I watched first.

28 Days Later - It was less scary than I thought it would be. I'm a total wimp when watching horror films, so I fast forwarded a couple of times, when I couldn't take the suspense. XD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T79yApVCBg < you better watch that... I always watch it when I'm in need of a good laugh :D
    edited May 2009
    ryan12147;2433810 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T79yApVCBg < you better watch that... I always watch it when I'm in need of a good laugh :D
    You're probably going to tell me to get Halo 3 now...
    edited May 2009
    CHK10063764;2433832 said:
    You're probably going to tell me to get Halo 3 now...
    nah lol, but are you gonna watch the whole thing?
    edited May 2009
    ryan12147;2433838 said:
    nah lol, but are you gonna watch the whole thing?
    My attention span is almost nonexistent right now due to fatigue. :p
  • ElegyElegy Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Angels and Demons: Very entertaining and interesting. Kind tapered off at the end though.

Charlie Bartlett: Great, great movie. If I wasn't depressed when i was watching it, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Gran Turino: Absolutely fantastic. A must see.
    edited May 2009
    CHK10063764;2433843 said:
    My attention span is almost nonexistent right now due to fatigue. :p
    >:|