What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Since I bought the John Carney Double Feature on iTunes, I watched Begin Again also. Not bad but also not nearly as good as either Sing Street or Once.
  • I'm going to assume we can count Netflix Originals as movies (well they are basically TV shows but might as well post here instead of making 900 topics on each show lol)

But I watched the first episode of Series of Unfortunate Events, I thought it was okay. It wasn't too bad, but maybe even the books weren't that great. I wouldn't remember, I haven't read them since around the time they were released lol.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

I'm going to assume we can count Netflix Originals as movies (well they are basically TV shows but might as well post here instead of making 900 topics on each show lol)

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/255988/what-were-the-last-tv-shows-you-watched/p1
  • I'm going to assume we can count Netflix Originals as movies (well they are basically TV shows but might as well post here instead of making 900 topics on each show lol)

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/255988/what-were-the-last-tv-shows-you-watched/p1
    Ah thank you so much! Didn't even see it! :D
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    Saw The Thing (1982) at my local theater. One of my favorite horror movies! Love seeing classic films on the big screen. Was my sisters first time seeing it.. was pretty funny seeing her reactions
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited February 1
    I watched The Nice Guys on HBO last night - I turned it on just to check it out, intending to play vids for an hour before bed but ended up staying up to finish the whole thing. I liked it, and I thought Gosling (who I normally don't really care for) and Crowe (who I always like) did a great job playing off one another.

7/10

immediately after was the new Ghostbusters movie. I turned that off after about 15 minutes. Failed to grab any interest, but I recorded it just in case my need to sleep was affecting my judgement. I don't think it was, because that movie just wasn't funny.
  • Watched Split in the theater last Tuesday. The twist in that was that it was a good film by M. Night Shyamalan. James McAvoy was brilliant in that film.

immediately after was the new Ghostbusters movie. I turned that off after about 15 minutes. Failed to grab any interest, but I recorded it just in case my need to sleep was affecting my judgement. I don't think it was, because that movie just wasn't funny.

You're fine not watching it. It was nothing special, but I did enjoy it more than Ghostbusters 2 (which isn't high praise, I have a lot of issues with Ghostbusters 2). Their Egon, Holtzmann, is amazing though.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    The new Ghostbusters starts out rather slow, but once it picks up it's rather enjoyable, in my opinion. The first thirty or so minutes sort of does feel bland compared to the rest, though.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    It was okay but just didnt have the heart of the original. Also the last half is really just a mindless summer FX film... wich theres nothing wrong with, just meh.
  • You're fine not watching it. It was nothing special, but I did enjoy it more than Ghostbusters 2 (which isn't high praise, I have a lot of issues with Ghostbusters 2). Their Egon, Holtzmann, is amazing though.

There were some things about Ghostbusters 2 that I enjoyed (Janoz Pohah being deranged and crazy being one of them) but a few things that seemed off (why was Peter always away from the rest of the Ghostbusters). As for the reboot, Holtzmann was an awesome character in that movie.
    La La Land 10/10 - I saw it in Imax. Absolutely loved it.
    Very impressed by LEGO Batman. The writers really did their homework.
  • jayou521 said:

La La Land 10/10 - I saw it in Imax. Absolutely loved it.

Watched it for the third time last night. Still brings a smile to my face.
  • after owning the DVD for a long time (and forgetting that I have it) I finally watched Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

I really enjoyed it, it really captures the feel of the game. If you are someone who has enjoyed the Professor Layton games I would recommend watching it
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 13
    I've gone and seen quite a few movies since getting back to school a month ago:

John Wick: Chapter 2
    La La Land
    Lion
    Manchester by the Sea
    Moonlight
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    Split
    xXx: Return of Xander Cage

A few other showings of older movies, too.

Private Property (1960)
    The Room (2003)

Up next:

20th Century Women
    Fences
    The Lego Batman Movie
    How are we not talking about Logan? Is it because we're too busy playing Breath of the Wild?

Heavens above, that movie is brutal in so many ways. Dafne Keen is a revelation, managing so much out of a mostly silent role. Also Jackman and Stewart manage incredibly grounded performances for a guy with metal claws and a super psychic, respectively.

The action sequences manage to be brutal without being over the top, which just made me flinch that much harder at the violence, and this is one of those few times where I understand why the R is necessary in a superhero movie. The added violence makes everything more horrifying rather than exhilarating, and the Lone Wolf and Cub action is super intense.

I mean, damn. Seriously.
    edited March 5
    Cancel the The Last of Us movie, Logan was perfect.

Laura in particular was the best actor I've seen in a long time. She was knocking it out of the park without even saying a word.

I also appreciated the subtlety of all of the callbacks they worked in. "Logan, your friends are waiting for you at the Statue of Liberty"
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I watched "WarCraft" again last night. I still like it. I'm ready for "WarCraft2" to come out, as it was totally set up with the ending.
    I've seen the following recently:
    • John Wick 2 - is one of the best sequels ever
    • Logan - best comic book movie since The Dark Knight
    • Alien (1979) - so cool seeing this in a packed theater

I watched "WarCraft" again last night. I still like it. I'm ready for "WarCraft2" to come out, as it was totally set up with the ending.

I enjoyed the Warcraft movie also - it was NOT that terrible

I watched Doctor Strange last night - pretty good! Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton were great - all casting, really. 7/10, but the final line in the credits about distracted driving brings it up to 8/10!

I also started in on Jack Reacher: Never Go Back ... 6/10. The first Jack Reacher was so much better
    The Arrival - 7/10

good movie, I was not expecting to be emotionally tied to a movie about first contact, but whatevs.

The Arrival - 7/10

good movie, I was not expecting to be emotionally tied to a movie about first contact, but whatevs.

The Charlie Sheen movie?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Ha! I think I owned that movie, at one point. Entertaining trash.
    And I legitimately liked "Pitch Black" (same director), no qualifiers needed.
    LoopyChew said:

The Arrival - 7/10

The Charlie Sheen movie?
    OH CRAP, no - just Arrival from last year. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner

THE Arrival with Charlie Sheen (and the back-kneed aliens) is like, a 5.5 out of 10. I have seen that like, 3 times
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

well, OK. I did like it. I was a little surprised by the dark tone when compared to the other movies, but the Tie In to the original episode 4 was pretty great.

8/10
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited March 21
    King Kong: Skull Island

everybody dies just about as quickly as you want them to.

5/10
  • Jackie - Really good time piece, Natalie Portman nails the portrayal....including the crazy voice affectation.
    I liked that it was from the Kennedy perspective, really showed the diverse opinions that were flying around at the time. Makes LBJ look like an ass, which is contrary to the Johnson perspective.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 - I should have trusted my gut and never watched this. I thought the first sucked, completely skipped Catching Fire and for whatever reason wasted 2+ hours of my life watching this last night... I don't get whatever the majority see in this series (never read the books, maybe something there?)...
  • BachiG said:

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 - I should have trusted my gut and never watched this. I thought the first sucked, completely skipped Catching Fire and for whatever reason wasted 2+ hours of my life watching this last night... I don't get whatever the majority see in this series (never read the books, maybe something there?)...

Not really much more in the books. People just overhyped really bad writing IMO (Twilight is another good example)