What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• David Gilmour. Live in Pompeii. I cried.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I watched the new Kingsman when it opened on Wednesday. It was entertaining, but it also did exactly what I expected it to do from the trailers and more.

I might watch the third Kingsman movie if and when it comes out, but even though action-wise this film had a lot I liked, they did the one thing I was hoping they wouldn't do after watching the trailers.
  • Watched Gerald's Game on Netflix (it's a Netflix original movie)
    Didn't enjoy it too much. :s
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

Watched Gerald's Game on Netflix (it's a Netflix original movie)
    Didn't enjoy it too much. :s

I saw the premise of that, and couldn't believe it wasn't a comedy.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    The book was pretty good.

It does have a certain dark comedy element at first, but as she struggles to escape she reflects on her life and the various abuse she's gone through... so no, it's not supposed to be funny.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Ah, okay. I've only ever seen the plot synopsis and the poster, so when it was described it sound like a comedy.
  • The book was pretty good.

It does have a certain dark comedy element at first, but as she struggles to escape she reflects on her life and the various abuse she's gone through... so no, it's not supposed to be funny.

I ordered a used copy of the book so I still plan on reading it eventually.
    I have about 21 of his books and have read two. (working through the short story books first)
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    i watched half of gerald's game. didn't like it. and i thought the book is considered one of stephen's worst.
  • Just got back from watching the My Little Pony Movie. It was really good, I was expecting it to just be meh, but I enjoyed it from start to finish

Totally worth spending what little money I have to see it.
    topdrawer said:

i watched half of gerald's game. didn't like it. and i thought the book is considered one of stephen's worst.

I've never really heard that. I thought it was solid. Not his best but an enjoyable read.

I just read something were King said he felt Insomnia and Rose Madder were just kind of thrown together and they were written around the same time. Maybe those are what your thinking of.

Both have yet to be made into films, which could mean Hollywood doesn't think much of them. Of course then again it took The Mist years to be made and The Tailisman is just now getting made and they kick ass. (The books)

Insomnia is solid but it's protagonist is an old man so in the eyes of Hollywood hard to market. Rose Madder drags. It has a few moments but overall is forgettable.
  • topdrawer said:

I've never really heard that. I thought it was solid. Not his best but an enjoyable read.

I just read something were King said he felt Insomnia and Rose Madder were just kind of thrown together and they were written around the same time. Maybe those are what your thinking of.

Both have yet to be made into films, which could mean Hollywood doesn't think much of them. Of course then again it took The Mist years to be made and The Tailisman is just now getting made and they kick ass. (The books)

Insomnia is solid but it's protagonist is an old man so in the eyes of Hollywood hard to market. Rose Madder drags. It has a few moments but overall is forgettable.
    I hope at some point they make a Netflix or theater-film for "The Body", as well as "Apt Pupil". Currently on Different Seasons and I'm loving some of these stories.
    The Body is Stand By Me, one of the best King adaptations ever made.
    Actually come to think of it, Apt Pupil was made as well and is really good.
  • Actually come to think of it, Apt Pupil was made as well and is really good.

Yeah after i typed that I did some research and saw this was a film. Will have to give it a try. Hope it includes my favorite part of the book. We shall see! ;)!

And had no idea The Body was Stand By Me. Guess I need to watch that too lol.

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Still processing "Blade Runner 2049". The visuals are absolutely incredible. I was interested in seeing it the moment I heard that Denis Villeneuve was going to direct it, but the inclusion of Roger Deakins (Cinematography) should have been an even bigger selling point for me.