What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    BachiG said:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I don’t get why this film got such critical reviews and audience dislike. Sure, I’m not familiar with the source “material”, nor am I familiar with The Guardians of the Galaxy’s, but to me, both these films were very entertaining and similar (simply put, weird creatures and planets and worlds and weapons and visuals and comedy and a story about saving something, etc. etc.) and I don’t get the disparity in reviews. I hope the supposed sequel gets made. I’ll watch and enjoy it. Same for if they find a suitable “replacement” for GotG.

I like Valerian a lot and am similarly unfamiliar with the source material. I don't think it's a great movie or anything, and I realize a lot of people will hate it. But I do like it a lot. I love the lead pairing of modern-day young versions of Mariel Hemingway and Keanu Reeves.
  • Watched The Last Jedi for the first time

wow that was super boring...
  • edited September 11
    X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Did they ever do anything with the twist at the end that the Stryker who captured Wolverine was actually Mystique in disguise? All I remember is that Apocalypse set 10 years later just had Logan at the Weapon X facility as if the Stryker who captured him was the real deal.

Also, I can’t help but wonder where Deadpool is during the future scenes.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited September 11
    Went to see Searching earlier. It was... interesting, in parts, to see a mystery/thriller set entirely through modern technology and screens, but that gimmick was the most interesting thing about the film. Most of the rest felt by the numbers, which isn't necessarily bad, until it got to the big reveal and ending. I won't spoil it for anyone, but, I will say that it was too "clean" an ending for the story it was telling, and it got rid of any goodwill I had for the film. 4/10.
  • Hm, not really a movie but i watched Horseland on Netflix. ^^