Nuffy's Daily Dose of Metal Thread

Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
edited October 2010 in History of Rock
Edit: In order to have this thread moved I have to hyperlink the vids as opposed to embedding.

Ok, i'll try to post some new sh*t in here for those of us that want to talk about the inclusion of some lesser known metal acts that there are out there. I'll try to make daily updates here if i can, if not...lol...oh well.

Ok so I'll start this off right.

Primordial - Doom Metal band formed in Ireland in 1991

3-Pack

Gallow's Hymn
As Rome Burns
End of all Times

Various Black Metal 3-Pack

Varathron - The Tressrising Of Nyarlathotep (greece)

Dawn - Falcula (sweden)

Absu - Vorago (USA)

Feel free to add or discuss. Keep the negativity to a minimum if all possible. Cheers.

Comments

• Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Evergrey06;1547421 said:
    I like a few Cradle of Filth songs, but I'm not a fan. "Her Ghost is the Fog" is one of their stand out tracks. I like "Nymphetamine" as well, but mainly because I like Liv Cristine's vocals on it. I'm more of a Dimmu Borgir fan, since those two are often put into the same category as bands the black metal community hate, hehe.
    ya, that's just because they're the 2 bands that have experienced the greatest 'success'.

It's not metal to like bands once they attain popularity. ie. Lamb of God, Arch Enemy.
  • Evergrey06Evergrey06 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Nuff_Said;1547437 said:
    ya, that's just because they're the 2 bands that have experienced the greatest 'success'.

It's not metal to like bands once they attain popularity. ie. Lamb of God, Arch Enemy.
    Yeah, an unfortunate truth in the metal community. I also like Lamb of God and Arch Enemy, by the way,two more bands I wouldn't mind seeing in Rock Band. I know "Laid to Rest" was in GH2, but Arch Enemy could be cool, would be another song for my female metal vocalist I made for the game. At the moment, all she really has to sing is "Visions," hehe.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited November 2008
    Evergrey06;1547524 said:
    Yeah, an unfortunate truth in the metal community. I also like Lamb of God and Arch Enemy, by the way,two more bands I wouldn't mind seeing in Rock Band. I know "Laid to Rest" was in GH2, but Arch Enemy could be cool, would be another song for my female metal vocalist I made for the game. At the moment, all she really has to sing is "Visions," hehe.
    I'd love to see the song Vultures by Arch Enemy in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgB5Ew03n_E

My only beef with Arch Enemy is their lack of evolution ever since Angela joined the band. They've been very stagnant as of late with a few hidden gems on their albums, like the track i posted
    edited November 2008
    "Vultures" would be fairly awesome, I'd also like to see "Dead Eyes See no Future."
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Anyone ever check out From Beyond?

This is the only video I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lWW3Jv06BU
  • deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    This is a band that I discovered on MySpace about 3 years ago and I started to talk with the guitarist online. Little while later they got a deal with Nuclear Blast and released a quality female fronted metal album. They've toured with Symphony X and Edguy and are going to start working on a second album soon. They seem to get a lot of comparison to Lacuna Coil, but if I may be so bold, with the style of music, they're more like older Death with a girl singing. I think I read a review somewhere saying something like, what if Death had Madonna as a singer or something like that, hehe.

Echoes of Eternity - "Voices in a Dream"

"]}
    edited November 2008
    Ok, time for another addition.

Arkona - Russian Folk Metal with female front circa 2002

3-Pack

Pokrovi Nebesnogo Startsa
    Ot Serdtsa K Nebu (the song ends around 5 mins, everything that follows is silence)
    Kolyada

Crowbar - Sludge Metal band from America formed in 1991.

3-Pack

Waiting in Silence
    No Quarter (yes, it's a Zeppelin tribute)
    Like Broken Glass

I might be back on later to drop some more good metal.
    edited November 2008
    back_blows;1547752 said:
    Anyone ever check out From Beyond?

This is the only video I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lWW3Jv06BU
    damn, that's not too shabby i gotta admit. Good find.
    edited November 2008
    If you don't mind Nuffy i'm going to post some...

Cephalic Carnage - 3 pack

Endless Cycle of Violence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM1yhU0dBFM&feature=related

Dying Will Be the Death of Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zEAs7_nPM

Ontogeny of Behavior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQfUTNuJDQ
    edited November 2008
    Ok back again

Operatic influenced symphonic metal this time

Tristania - The Shining Path

Krypteria - Sweet Revenge

Nightwish - Over the Hills (Live)

I'm trying to offer something for everyone with this thread (except for crappy music, lol)
    edited November 2008
    Ok we'll get some Aussie representation today.

Psycroptic - Tech Death Metal band from Hobart, AU formed 1999.

3-Pack

Cruelty Incarnate \m/

The Valley of Winds Breath and Dragon's Fire

The Scepter of Jarr-Gilon

Ok now on to some of my favorite bands

Black Metal 3-Pack

I Shalt Become - American Black Metal band formed in 1995 (not sure how well suited they would be for RB, but they're still awesome)

In The Falling Snow

Darkspace - Swiss Ambient Black Metal formed in 1991 (truly amazing)

Dark 3.14

Profanum - Polish Black Metal band formed in 1991

Tears of Chors

Maybe later I'll post some more stuff

Enjoy for now.
    edited November 2008
    Wow, i haven't seen anyone mention Darkspace on here before, i wasn't even aware anyone here knew of them. Good stuff in that post. Although, Psycroptic's stuff has been going increasingly downhill as of late, still decent nonetheless.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    props on i shalt become and profanum.
    edited November 2008
    Some quality tings being posted in this thread, wish I had more to add, feel like a complete metal noob, hehe.

Guess something I could add is my favorite band, an Evergrey video since they aren't incredibly mainstream in America. They do get played on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball, at least their new song seems to be getting a fair bit of airtime. It's actually where I discovered them.

This is "Blinded," the first song I ever heard by them from the Recreation Day album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89giDpJfbVM
  • Richboy89Richboy89 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Shai Hulud-Set Your Body Ablaze
  • I'mCreepingDeathI'mCreepingDeath Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Wow, the symphonic metal and that Darkspace song are pretty mesmerizing thanks for those. I want to keep things PG around here, but certain substances could make those songs pretty amazing to listen to.
    edited November 2008
    Evergrey06;1561421 said:
    Some quality tings being posted in this thread, wish I had more to add, feel like a complete metal noob, hehe.

Guess something I could add is my favorite band, an Evergrey video since they aren't incredibly mainstream in America. They do get played on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball, at least their new song seems to be getting a fair bit of airtime. It's actually where I discovered them.

This is "Blinded," the first song I ever heard by them from the Recreation Day album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89giDpJfbVM
    that's ok. They have some nice riffage, but i'm not too into the vocals. They remind me a bit of Testament.
    edited November 2008
    For those who like to indulge in mother nature's gifts.

Bongzilla - American stoner/sludge metal formed in 1995

Amerijuanican
    Champagne & Reefer
    666lb. Bongsession
    edited November 2008
    some more good sh*t for your ears.

Diabolical Masquerade - Swedish Avant-garde Atmospheric Black Metal formed in 1993 (that is a long genre title lol) They are not too bad IMO.

Rider on the Bones
    Haunted by Horror
    The Eerie Obzidian Circuz \m/

Acid King - American stoner/doom metal with female singer formed 1993. (if you like Black Sabbath there is no way you won't like these guys)

2 Wheel Nation
    Bad Vision
    Blaze In (instrumental track)

Legion of the Damned - Dutch Death/Thrash band formed 2005

Bleed For Me
    Infernal Wrath
    Sepuchral Ghoul

that's good enough for now.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    I enjoyed Diabolical Masquerade and Acid King quite a bit. Just more stuff I need to check at the record store.
    edited November 2008
    back_blows;1564461 said:
    I enjoyed Diabolical Masquerade and Acid King quite a bit. Just more stuff I need to check at the record store.
    I love Acid King....on acid...lol...i'm not joking.:p

Their stuff is pretty hard to find online for free downloading, but im sure if you got a decent metal record store they'll be able to provide it, and if not, at least point you in the right direction. I'd love to see them in RB.
    edited November 2008
    Evergrey06;1547261 said:
    Great thread. One three pack might not fit together, but I would die of awesome if I saw any of these bands in the game.

Evergrey - "A Touch of Blessing"

Blind Guardian - "Imaginations from the Other Side"

Nevermore - "The River Dragon Has Come"

Or there's always a melo-death 3 pack, could have Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Opeth (even though they're prog death, I guess), or some other lesser known bands, melo-death is great.

Or just a straight up death pack, Obituary, Death, Morbid Angel. Bolt Thrower, anyone? Would be awesome to have "Salvo" in the game.
    oh my god u mentioned my three favorite bands: in flames, dark tranquillity, and opeth. nice job. melo-death is my favorite (like u said, opeth isnt melodeath so dont think im including them in melodeath lol)
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    yeah, acid king and bongzilla are good.
  • DethByAudioDethByAudio Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    awesome thread

i heard cradle of filth before i saw them and i still dint like them, and i have no respect for a band that makes an album dedicated to and about a child molester/murderer. (aka godspeed the devils thunder) Dimmu isnt bad, i really like The Serpentine Offering, prolly because the intro reminds me of the Imperial March. i only ever listen to Unsorti Diaboli and stormblast.

props to anyone who loves lamb of god, favorite band, didnt care too much for some stuff on sacrament but thats cuz i was a fan after hearing a few seconds of Ruin at a freinds house a few years ago when As The Palaces Burn first came out. thats definately my favorite album by them and one of my all time favorites in general.
    dont care too much for arch enemy but i like the song We Will Rise, its pretty cool, maybe i havent heard the right songs...

i thought i was the only one who liked Echos of Eternity. i really like that voices in a dream song, they were a nice gem i stumbled upon while DL-ing the free packs of songs Labels give away, i think i got that from Nucular Blast...

and cephalic carnage, not a huge grindcore fan but those guys are good, id replace the last one on your list with Touched By An Angel.

i just bought psycroptic's new cd, mostly for the album art.

it not bad.

could you guys try to post the songs in a different format if possible because youtube isnt working for me... if possible.

anyone heard Natasha by Pig Destroyer?
    edited November 2008
    Ok another quickie before work.

Atheist - American Tech Death Metal band formed in 1988

Air
    On the Slay
    Animal (amazing bass line on this one)
    DethByAudio;1565403 said:

could you guys try to post the songs in a different format if possible because youtube isnt working for me... if possible.
    sorry man, but youtube is a staple online video provider that most people can access easily. Although there are so many bands that aren't on youtube that i want to post, so maybe in the future i'll post some non-youtube links.
    edited November 2008
    you can never go wrong with atheist
  • metalgeddon83metalgeddon83 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    alot of these bands i've heard or i've seen the names of legion of the damned was by far the best imo, i love arkona alot but they get boring :P I would say...

exhorder - I am the cross
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Ec6MSL9XI

accept - fast as a shark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYu75uJj_Ys

cage - fall of angels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-bzgjRlOUw

rage - enough is enough
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fqukuEbzY

sonata arctica - wolf and raven
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIue-o18jpM&feature=related

dekapitator - we will destroy...you will obey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLA8ALOhsE
    i'd post more but i don't want to take up a full page lol
  • metalgeddon83metalgeddon83 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    DethByAudio;1565403 said:
    awesome thread

i heard cradle of filth before i saw them and i still dint like them, and i have no respect for a band that makes an album dedicated to and about a child molester/murderer. (aka godspeed the devils thunder) Dimmu isnt bad, i really like The Serpentine Offering, prolly because the intro reminds me of the Imperial March. i only ever listen to Unsorti Diaboli and stormblast.

props to anyone who loves lamb of god, favorite band, didnt care too much for some stuff on sacrament but thats cuz i was a fan after hearing a few seconds of Ruin at a freinds house a few years ago when As The Palaces Burn first came out. thats definately my favorite album by them and one of my all time favorites in general.
    dont care too much for arch enemy but i like the song We Will Rise, its pretty cool, maybe i havent heard the right songs...

i thought i was the only one who liked Echos of Eternity. i really like that voices in a dream song, they were a nice gem i stumbled upon while DL-ing the free packs of songs Labels give away, i think i got that from Nucular Blast...

and cephalic carnage, not a huge grindcore fan but those guys are good, id replace the last one on your list with Touched By An Angel.

i just bought psycroptic's new cd, mostly for the album art.

it not bad.

anyone heard Natasha by Pig Destroyer?
    Not to bash your opinions or anything man because I hate Arch Enemy and COF for different reasons obviously. I hate COF because they suck and I hate Arch Enemy because they are generic DM and they suck at it. As far as grind goes most of it does suck especially cephalic carnage...here's example of a good grind band :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct0q0FX5Ac0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DusJOnotMIg
  • THRASHattack66THRASHattack66 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    This thread is by far the best thread ive ever seen \m/