Genesis In Rock Band?

jojuincjojuinc Opening Act
edited December 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Okay, apparently some people would rather have Genesis over just Phil Collins DLC. I personally love both and would be very pleased either way. Hell, it'd be great if we could get some Peter Gabriel in the game too.

If you want Genesis DLC for Rock Band which songs would you like
to have?

My personal favourites are:

'Invisible Touch'
'Turn It On Again'
'Mama'
'Land Of Confusion'
'No Son Of Mine'
'I Can't Dance'
'Follow You, Follow Me'
'Abacab'
'I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)'
And 'Jesus He Knows Me'

And if you want to discuss Phil Collins for Rock Band you can do so here: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97671

Comments

• Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    FightTheYouth;1548977 said:
    I'd kill for some Genesis.

Part of the appeal of playing Genesis is not just the Collins drums, which he didn't drum on The Knife, it's the overall epic nature of the songs. Strong buildups, Steve Hackett's guitar, awesome Mike Rutherford basslines and, of course, Peter Gabriel's delivery. All of it is amazing. As for the Collins-lead era, there are so many cool songs especially Abacab. I'm drooling over the thought of playing Genesis.
    I couldn't have said it better. Genesis is amazing and I really hope we get some.
  • NyhusernNyhusern Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Im joing the train. ;D
  • west siidewest siide Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Genesis songs are such an easy choice for RB that the only reason I can believe it hasn't happened yet is because the guys aren't interested in licensing their songs.

Let's hope that changes in the near future.
  • kaplan360kaplan360 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Could you imagine how cool it would be to play "entangled"? Well, unless your a drummer. "Home by the sea" would be my personal choice though.
  • edited November 2008
    I am drinkin the Kool-aid

"Selling England by the Pound" and "Foxtrot" for full album downloads.

As you can see I much prefer the PG era of Genesis.
  • Wicked Pi$$ahWicked Pi$$ah Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    jojuinc;1547428 said:

Okay, appariently some people would rather have Genesis over just Phil Collins DLC. I personally love both and would be very pleased either way. Hell, it'd be great if we could get some Peter Gabriel in there too.

I would be pleased with any of it!

I love Genesis and having some solo stuff from Phil Collins and/or Peter Gabriel would be great too!

"In The Air Tonight" would be too cool. :cool:

I'll have to come back to this thread when I have more time to make a wish list.

HMX, take note... You have some interest in Genesis for DLC. :)
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    I'd like to see a singles pack that covers their discography:

"The Knife"
    "The Musical Box"
    "Watcher of the Skies"
    "Firth of Fifth"
    "Hairless Heart/Counting Out Time" & "it/In The Rapids"
    "Dance On A Volcano"
    "Blood On The Rooftops"
    "Follow You Follow Me"
    "Turn It On Again"
    "Abacab"
    "Mama"
    "Land of Confusion"
    "We Can't Dance"

Would be the best pack IMO.
  • HazzyRapHazzyRap Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    You know, I'm actually quite surprised there isn't any already- Genesis and Phil Collins FTW!

Hope we get some soon...
  • goduskogodusko Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    I would love to see "Jesus He Knows Me" on RB, but I reckon that'll never happen. XD
    edited November 2008
    ...and the lamb, lies down, on broadway!

How I would love to drum that song, or make some feeble attempt at singing it!
  • kronwhonkronwhon Unsigned
    edited November 2008
  • Dagg21Dagg21 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    I would kill to sing Mama, someday..
  • FightTheYouthFightTheYouth Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    kaplan360;1550682 said:
    Could you imagine how cool it would be to play "entangled"? Well, unless your a drummer. "Home by the sea" would be my personal choice though.
    Entangled is just beautiful. It'd probably be harder to sing than anything else but so worth it.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    simulatedrockstar;1550750 said:
    I am drinkin the Kool-aid

"Selling England by the Pound" and "Foxtrot" for full album downloads.

As you can see I much prefer the PG era of Genesis.
    Peter Gabriel's Era really showed the passion that had for their genre: Progressive Rock. Once Phil took over, it was like Fleetwood Mac changed when Lindsay Buckingham did, went more pop rock. If Phil Collins is talking about trying to do a "Lamb Lies Down Of Broadway" tour again, I don't see why he wouldn't like to license songs [advertising].

"The Knife" would be the song I want most, although it's not Phil, still sounds like it (hell, people even think it's him singing the whole bands lifetime). "Musical Box" is just another song that begins to really show it's potential.

If we could get Peter Gabriel DLC, please let it be Solsbury Hill
  • RolandDayspringRolandDayspring Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    'Invisible Touch'
    "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight"
    "The Brazilian" (No, it doesn't have vocals, but neither does YYZ by Rush)
    'Turn It On Again'
    "Got a Job to Do"
    'Mama'
    'Land Of Confusion'
    'No Son Of Mine'
    'Abacab'
  • BoogaloogeyBoogaloogey Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Genesis would be a gateway group to get people in their late 30's into Rockband. Abacab would be friggin' sweet on drums. Yes vote.
  • jojuincjojuinc Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    godusko;1551200 said:
    I would love to see "Jesus He Knows Me" on RB, but I reckon that'll never happen. XD
    That would be so great!

I don't see why not, as long as it's DLC and not on disc.
  • edited November 2008
    I am joining in the call for Foxtrot as full album DLC. I like Collins era Genesis, but I love the Gabriel prog era.

I'd love to see Carpet Crawl(ers) as DLC as well, by far my favorite Genesis song.
  • kaplan360kaplan360 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Der_Lex;1553259 said:
    I am joining in the call for Foxtrot as full album DLC. I like Collins era Genesis, but I love the Gabriel prog era.

I'd love to see Carpet Crawl(ers) as DLC as well, by far my favorite Genesis song.
    not really a fan of "suppers ready" but "carpet crawlers" is one of their best...when it was sung by Phil Collins on their live album.

As far as Peter Gabriel, "the return of the giant hogweed" is priceless.
  • MandarkXXMandarkXX Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Genesis DLC would be awesome! I am admittedly more a fan of 70's era Genesis (both Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel as frontman). IMO, any song after Steve Hackett left is to Pop for me.

Imagine playing "Unquiet Slumbers for Sleepers"... nice!
  • FightTheYouthFightTheYouth Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    MandarkXX;1563070 said:
    Genesis DLC would be awesome! I am admittedly more a fan of 70's era Genesis (both Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel as frontman). IMO, any song after Steve Hackett left is to Pop for me.
    The loss of Hackett seriously changed that band. It's not to say they didn't still record some impressive songs. Abacab and Tonight Tonight Tonight are really good examples of Genesis taking their older, longer song structure and applying it to pop music. Then again, we also got Invisible Touch and I Can't Dance. Very, very sad
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Nursery Cryme Album for DLC Please
    "The Musical Box"
    "For Absent Friends"
    "The Return of the Giant Hogweed"
    "Seven Stones"
    "Harold the Barrel"
    "Harlequin"
    "The Fountain of Salmacis"

I'm also a fan of Foxtrot or Selling England By The Pound DLC, but then again this album is just great (The Fountain of Salmacis would really give drummers a workout, Phil Collins Style)
  • philcollinsphilcollins Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    I still can't believe there are no Genesis songs in Rock Band!! It's absurd.

So many amazing Genesis songs for drums and guitar.
    Have Rock Band not seen Genesis tour last summer, i saw them live and it was amazing - one of (if not the) greatest bands to see live. Thirty plus years of amazing songs that still stand the test of time - a sign of greatness.
    What a novel conept - an actual band that writes and plays their own music without lip syncing like so many of today's manufactured "stars".

For younger people out there - Youtube "Genesis - When in Rome" if you don't know alot of Genesis songs.

Amazing for Rock Band:
    Firth of Fifth
    Behind the Lines
    Los Endos...

Genesis fans speak up and let Rock Band know we need Genesis DLC!!
  • ELDUDEARINO69ELDUDEARINO69 Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Yes this would be a nice
  • philcollinsphilcollins Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Right on!! Genesis rules. I've never heard it said better with how the songs build up - epic songs, awesome.

We need Genesis on Rock Band.
    Fifth of Firth
    Los Endos
    Behind the Lines
    ..even "newer stuff" like Invisable Touch, Home by the Sea(I and II)

Genesis fans let our voices be heard, shout it at rock band.. Genesis, Genesis, Genesis..!!!!!
    edited November 2008
    -The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
    -Afterglow
    -In The Cage
    -Fifth of Firth
    -Home by the Sea
    -Follow You Follow Me
    -Domino
    -Land of Confusion

Hell...anything from Genesis would do!
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I'd be pretty down with some Genesis and Phil Collins songs.
  • GenerickGuyGenerickGuy Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Agreed, Genesis would be epic.
    I've had I Can't Dance stuck in my head all day too...
  • MrKennedy360MrKennedy360 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    The drum duets would be awesome, too. Phil Collins and Chester Thompson done one back in 1994 (I think) which was fantastic, and would be a hoot to play on Rock Band. This is it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3rJXV4R4E)

As for other songs from Genesis in Rock Band, none of that 'Invisible Touch' or 'I Can't Dance' pop garbage, I'd be more for the progressive rock side of Genesis' songs, some of which have already been mentioned in this thread.

Genesis DLC - Make it happen!
    edited November 2008
    Awsome video! Any who doubt Phil's talents on drums should watch this or listen to some of the older Genesis songs.