2112 Must Be In Rock Band

RobondacobRobondacob Opening Act
edited January 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I was listening to 2112 during a moderately long car ride, when I started thinking about how awesome it would be in Rock Band. Of course, there's the small setback of being 20 minutes long.

What if they just put up the whole 2112 album up for DLC, and split 2112 into two parts? I know I would buy that, and that's basically what they did with White Wedding Part 1, minus the Part 2 ect.

If 2112 was in Rock Band, how would you want it? Split up, whole or what?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Oh man... We melted an 8 track of that by playing it all night long...

Sign me up!
  • RobondacobRobondacob Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Well I meant this as a thing to discuss how 2112 would be split up. I forgot that I guess.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Robondacob;1553311 said:
    I was listening to 2112 during a moderately long car ride, when I started thinking about how awesome it would be in Rock Band. Of course, there's the small setback of being 20 minutes long.

What if they just put up the whole 2112 album up for DLC, and split 2112 into two parts? I know I would buy that, and that's basically what they did with White Wedding Part 1, minus the Part 2 ect.
    HMX wouldn't care... Jailbreak is almost 12 minutes :\

Every time I listen to Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth and Loveless by My Bloody Valentine I think how awesome they would be.
  • Edrattlehead404Edrattlehead404 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Probably split in the matter that it is on the record?

* I: "Overture" (music: Lifeson, Lee, Peart) – 4:32
    * II: "The Temples of Syrinx" – 2:13
    * III: "Discovery" (music: Lifeson) – 3:29
    * IV: "Presentation" (music: Lifeson) – 3:42
    * V: "Oracle: The Dream" – 2:00
    * VI: "Soliloquy" – 2:21
    * VII: "Grand Finale" (music: Lifeson, Lee, Peart) – 2:14

Or, just one whole song, who knows. Totally would love this entire album on there.
    edited November 2008
    Well if they split it then people would complain. If they didn't then people would complain about it coming up in random setlists. Catch-22 right there. (BTW, there's another argument for disabling tracks)

That said I've never heard the track. So there's 8 sections? If they each end in silence instead of melding with the next part then splitting it up would probably work.
  • HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Incredible song, I'm still happy they play it on the radio (Sirius at least). I usually don't suggest it either because of its length, but the fact Harmonix haven't been caring about long songs recently gives it hope. I hope they consider it.
  • NixlplixNixlplix Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Personally I think "Overture" and "Temple of Syrinx" would have to be one track because musically they are kind of one song in that they flow together.
    "Discovery" has no bass OR drums so it would have to be merged with "Presentation." Then you'd merge V-VII for one 6 minute song.
    That makes the most sense to me right now.
    edited November 2008
    HeavyHorse;1553385 said:
    Incredible song, I'm still happy they play it on the radio (Sirius at least). I usually don't suggest it either because of its length, but the fact they haven't been caring about long songs recently gives it hope. I hope they consider it.
    Still, Rush has a more songs in RB than almost any other artist. Other bands need a turn first. (Yes, I know I'm asking for even more Foo in my sig :p)
  • edited November 2008
    The best possible way would be to have it in parts, but with a special option where if you add them to a setlist, the game would not load all the parts before you start playing, so pauzes would be minimal.

No idea if this is feasible, though.
  • HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Still, Rush has a more songs in RB than almost any other artist. Other bands need a turn first. (Yes, I know I'm asking for even more Foo in my sig :p)
    Very true, I'd pick other songs (Hell, even some bands that still need love) before getting more Rush for reasons of fairness, but as far as epic songs go, it definitely does the title justice.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Robondacob;1553311 said:
    and that's basically what they did with White Wedding Part 1, minus the Part 2 ect.
    ...lolwut.
  • PatNantelPatNantel Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    I'd love to see "Subdivisions" and "Spirit of the Radio" too...but first could we all agree that we NEED some QUEEN!!!! ( and obviously not Radio Gaga!)lol
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Can't compete with The Who, AC/DC, Pixies, RHCP. Tied with Judas Priest
    edited November 2008
    We've taken care of everything - the words you read, the songs you sing - the pictures that give pleasure to your eye!
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    I'm all for 2112. I think it would have to be split up at some point. Maybe in two or three parts.

How about a truly Epic Rush three pack~
    2112, Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, and The Fountain of Lamneth :D
    (Imagine playing those back to back :p)
    edited November 2008
    jayou521;1553446 said:
    IThe Fountain of Lamneth :D
    Honestly I'd almost rather have "Caress of Steel" than "2112." It's Rush's most underrated album! Hemispheres side 1 would be awesome too. Heck..I just want all of their songs :cool:
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Robondacob;1553311 said:

If 2112 was in Rock Band, how would you want it? Split up, whole or what?
    My friend, not to be pompous, but ANY Rush album would be great for
    Rock Band and the solar system.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    2112 must be one song.

Anything else doesn't do it justice.

It would probably be tiered at least on spot higher than the difficulty of the charts too, just because it is a test of endurance.
    edited November 2008
    Nixlplix;1553388 said:
    Personally I think "Overture" and "Temple of Syrinx" would have to be one track because musically they are kind of one song in that they flow together.
    "Discovery" has no bass OR drums so it would have to be merged with "Presentation." Then you'd merge V-VII for one 6 minute song.
    That makes the most sense to me right now.
    Yeah that would make sense.

I wish they could just do one full track though.
  • badgerpower1badgerpower1 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    hell yea 2112 in Rock Band. I just want in there some way. what would also be cool would be some Octavarium (song (though the album would be cool too)) and 2112 in some kind of "Prog Marathon Pack 01" or something like that. really cool
    edited November 2008
    Robondacob;1553530 said:

I wish they could just do one full track though.
    I wouldn't have a problem with that...I mean, it's only 20 minutes, and the drummer gets a couple of 2 minute breaks. I'd feel most sorry for the vocalist! :D
    edited November 2008
    Why? They chose to do the only non instrument in the game.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2008
    I Overture 0:00 4:33
    II The Temples of Syrinx 4:33 2:12
    III Discovery 6:45 3:29
    IV Presentation 10:14 3:42
    V Oracle: The Dream 13:56 2:00
    VI Soliloquy 15:56 2:21
    VII Grand Finale

IT CAN BE SPLIT AND DONE!
    edited November 2008
    I think they should do the whole entire 2112 album though. That way we essentially get at most 14 songs (if they split it like above).
    edited April 2009
    I'm all for "2112" and "A Passage To Bangkok".

I still prefer a Best Of Rush pack, since we already got an album
  • jonoo24jonoo24 Merch-Table
    edited April 2009
    how about a "How long is this song?!?!?!" pack
    2.Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance

this will satisfy Rush AND Dream theater crack whores
    edited April 2009
    jonoo24;2293451 said:
    2.Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance

this will satisfy Rush AND Dream theater crack whores
    No thanks. Images and Words all the way :)

That's besides the point though~ Rush doesn't need another album. They need a Best Of, which includes 2112
  • DivineBeingDivineBeing Unsigned
    edited May 2009
    No clue how to split it up... I like the whole thing too much. However, 2112 should definitely be on Rock Band, considering even the B-side songs are pretty amazing.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I'd love 2112, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, By-tor and the Snowdog, Fly by Night, and just about everything else from up to and including Signals.

But people would be whining about more Rush.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited May 2009
    They should just split it in two parts.