australian psn dlc

camm91camm91 Unsigned
edited November 2008 in Rock Band
Why does every 'single track' on australian psn have (track pack) written next to it when it is not presently available in a track pack to us. Things like the chili peppers album arent available as an album. Is this going to be fixed?

Comments

  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    its going to be fixed when its released to your region
  • FarronFarron Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Rock Band is already available in the region though (november 7).

    Anyway, camm91 have you tried looking at it through the Music Store in game? I'm not fully sure of the differences but I think it is working fine on the 360.
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Farron;1553958 said:
    Rock Band is already available in the region though (november 7).

    Anyway, camm91 have you tried looking at it through the Music Store in game? I'm not fully sure of the differences but I think it is working fine on the 360.
    I meant dlcs are not in your region yet especially on the ps3
  • camm91camm91 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    I've yet to have the disc sent to me, i'm regional and got someone to get it for me. Hopefully in game looks better.

    The disc is out though, purchaseable etc at a store :p
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    I've got the Australian retail release of Rock Band, but there's a few song packs that have been released in the last couple of months that don't seem to be available to us.

    The Nirvana 7 Song Pack which was added to the EU/US PSN Stores around October 23, doesn't show up in our PSN Store. If connecting to the Rock Central Server (using the game), they appear with "Purchased" next to them - when attempting to download, it says they're not available for purchase yet.

    It sucks... we wait over a year for the game. Finally get it, and we're still behind on all the DLC updates by the looks of it.

    Other packs released which are unavailable to us:

    All That Remains (added September 9, 2008)
    Locksley Park (added August 28, 2008)
    PAX 2008 Collection (added September 2, 2008)

    There are other songs that don't show up (using the game) like Bad Religion's "Sorrow", but thankfully are there in the PSN Store.

    Does anyone know how to get the Nirvana Pack or when it will be made available to us here in Australia?

    I thought we pretty much got the same updates and content as the EU PSN Store?

    We did however get The Presidents Of The USA, as well as the new singles from Hinder and Fall Out Boy which are going for $1.30 each for a limited time.
  • rylinrylin Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Graffin;1555492 said:


    It sucks... we wait over a year for the game. Finally get it, and we're still behind on all the DLC updates by the looks of it.

    Other packs released which are unavailable to us:

    All That Remains (added September 9, 2008)
    Locksley Park (added August 28, 2008)
    PAX 2008 Collection (added September 2, 2008)
    Luckily, every major Australian city seems to have a flourishing music scene, so you can always go to a pub for some live music.
    Also, those three packs aren't worth crying over, in my not-so-humble-opinion.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Those 3 packs, nope... but I really do want the Nirvana one!

    Anyone have an idea of if/when the Nirvana 7 Pack will be up in the Australian PSN Store?

    I suppose compared to the pitiful GHWT DLC which has only one album (where you can't even buy the tracks individually) and a handful of singles, Rock Band still wins out.

    The song from Portal would also be awesome... ("Still Alive" by GlaDos) was added to the US PSN Store back in March 31, 2008 for FREE. Any idea of if/when that will hit our Store?

    Cheers!
  • sponkssponks Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    I noticed that too. Also, everyone should know that if you previously imported US Rockband and are using it on a PS3 in Aus and connecting to the AUS PSN, don't expect the DLC to work with the game. I found this out the hard way. I'm pretty pissed.

    Does anyone know if there is a workaround to get it working??? Otherwise my purchased DLC is useless to me. It would have been nice to have at least been warned that it is locked to the game country version.

    I'm assuming it would be the same the other way around. So if someone with the Australian version of RB wanted DLC that isn't available in Australia, so creates a US PSN account with Entropay cc etc, will find it doesn't work with their game. This should be made common knowledge if it isn't already.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    sponks;1560488 said:
    I'm assuming it would be the same the other way around. So if someone with the Australian version of RB wanted DLC that isn't available in Australia, so creates a US PSN account with Entropay cc etc, will find it doesn't work with their game. This should be made common knowledge if it isn't already.
    Yep, I tried it by creating a new user, and using a bogus US address I was able to access the US PSN Store and downloaded "Still Alive" (Portal song) which was FREE, so didn't bother with setting up Entropay. Anyway, the song downloaded and supposedly installed just fine, but sadly doesn't show up in the game anywhere.

    Why are our updates weeks or months behind that of the US/UK and even EU PSN Stores?
  • FarronFarron Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    It is really strange that PSN users are having trouble with getting even the Portal Song in Australia. What would be up with that? As I was able to get it no worries off the Australian XBOX 360 marketplace.
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Farron;1561828 said:
    It is really strange that PSN users are having trouble with getting even the Portal Song in Australia. What would be up with that? As I was able to get it no worries off the Australian XBOX 360 marketplace.
    the reason is that the psn store has dlcs based on region unlike the 360
Sign In or Register to comment.