Faced with a quarrel

edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Should I ask for a 360 or a U2 iPod for my birthday? I want the 360 for Rock Band, because I have a feeling it won't be full on the Wii. So what do I do? =[

The u2 iPod is a 30 gig Video.

Apple - iPod U2 Special Edition

On the bottom click the thing that says take it for a spin. It has all U2s sigs and it's red and black.

Also, how do you hook up Live on the 360? Do you plug the cable in the Ethernet port, or is it Wi-Fi?

Comments

• oberlinoberlin Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    It's a U2 iPod. Get the damn 360 (make sure it's an Elite), U2 kinda blows. Unless you could be convinced (as I am) that it's gonna be just as good on Wii as the other consoles.

And yeah, just hook up the ethernet, or get a Wi-Fi adapter. Take your pick.
  • edited July 2007
    iPod's are for chumps, they're so un-user-friendly.

Go for the 360!
  • WildWalkerWildWalker Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I'd get the 360, you can still play your music on it :) (yeah, it's not very portable)

The XB live can be wired (built in) or Wireless (your gonna have to buy that) but Wireless connections can be a bit flaky, and do drop out occasionally. I would stick with wired unless you need to run your cable right through your house.

You don't need the Elite, yeah it has a bigger hard disk (you can upgrade later if you like) and it has a HDMI output (most HD Screens have HDMI, DVI and VGA anyway)

As for xbox live itself, it costs (in England) £40 a year if you pay up front, or you can pay £5 a month, more expensive but don't have to part with the wedge in one go.

Video iPods, are they really that useful? how much time will you spend looking at the screen? Just get an mp3 player that plays music, you don't really need videos and I bet you would use the video function a lot less than you think (once the novely has worn off)

WW
  • zankfrappazankfrappa Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    are you kidding? dude its U-fucking-2 they arent important, just get a cheaper better mp3 player at some point and get an XBOX 360. ive got my birthday a month before christmas, so i should be able to afford one i think, especially with the price-drop thats to be expected before christmas.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Eh.. Get another Wii hahah but seriously X360
  • edited July 2007
    Or you could always go for the long shot and ask for a PS3. If there's a price drop it wont be that much more than a 360, plus there wont be a 1 in 3 chance it'll break.

EDIT: Oh no I didn't!
    edited July 2007
    sa_nick;9992 said:
    Or you could always go for the long shot and ask for a PS3. If there's a price drop it wont be that much more than a 360, plus there wont be a 1 in 3 chance it'll break.

EDIT: Oh no I didn't!
    I was going to recommend that but i was afraid to get flamed but yeah the ps3 is a well made console in my opinion it just needs sometime , and it has 1% in being Deffective ( I read it in an Article )
  • edited July 2007
    TheRocker;10002 said:
    I was going to recommend that but i was afraid to get flamed but yeah the ps3 is a well made console in my opinion it just needs sometime , and it has 1% in being Deffective ( I read it in an Article )
    Yeah hopefully I don't get flamed too much. I do love the PS3 but it's not like I hate the Xbox, and I think they're trying to do all they can to help out their customers (extended warranty, giving back repair money and stuff) Good on 'em.
    edited July 2007
    sa_nick;10047 said:
    Yeah hopefully I don't get flamed too much. I do love the PS3 but it's not like I hate the Xbox, and I think they're trying to do all they can to help out their customers (extended warranty, giving back repair money and stuff) Good on 'em.
    Yeah , its not their faults , i read an article on this and its cheap circuits or something has to do with chinese factories ( Go on n4g.com ) Its there and am not flaming M$
  • MasterTickMasterTick Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Get a 360, so we don't have to listen to your whiney request for Rock Band on the Wii.
  • edited July 2007
    MasterTick;10471 said:
    Get a 360, so we don't have to listen to your whiney request for Rock Band on the Wii.
    lol, I'll second that.
    edited July 2007
    MasterTick;10471 said:
    Get a Ps3, so we don't have to listen to your whiney request for Rock Band on the Wii.
  • edited July 2007
    TheRocker;10509 said:
    Get a Ps3, so we don't have to listen to your whiney request for Rock Band on the Wii.
    I'm going to retract my comment made earlier and second THAT.