FREE DLC w/ Energizer Batteries

Comments

• darthsmurfxdarthsmurfx Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    HMXHenry;1577885 said:
    2. The banner on the site that says "TONS OF COOL SONGS TO CHOOSE FROM" leads me to believe that you can choose which song you can download.
    I see where you are going with this. We are bangin' on all cylinders now.
  • holyangelholyangel Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    HMXHenry;1577885 said:
    Unfortunately we usually don't get to dictate terms of offers that third parties make available. Doing stuff on an international / global scale tends to be much trickier (especially from a legal stand point) and when these offers aren't being hosted directly by HMX, we don't really get to drive the promotion. Sorry. :(

i understand that and i apology, but you could suggest to the legal or the third parties companies to focus on us (latinamerica), at least RB it's a huge thing among my friends and family.

just think about us and remind them (distribution) to look over here ;)

thanks

ps.
    sorry for my bad english
  • ForSakeNForSakeN Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
  • Mr DMBMr DMB Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    I bought a pack yesterday and noticed the add on it. got home entered the code on a website. It verifys your e-mail and then they give you an xbox live code. This code gives you 160 microsoft points. So enough to get a song. You can pick whatever song you want and i imagine as long as you buy batteries you can get so many songs. Pretty cool deal.
    Im assuming it works the same for PS3
  • KoRnyWayzKoRnyWayz Opening Act
    edited November 2008
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Cooperal;1577783 said:
    Great another NA only deal. Thanks for nothing...again.
    That's because no one likes you.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2008
    I don't need batteries. My instruments are powered by sheer Rock.
  • RockonforeverRockonforever Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    [QUOTE=darthsmurfx;1577759]Well, you need batteries to power your wireless instruments... why not get free songs with them in the process?!?!?

Damn, some of us have the rechargeable packs so we didn't get raped over the last year constantly buying these things at outrageous prices. Looks like I'll be buying an abundant supply for the numerous remote controls in the house ! Thanks Energizer & these are very good batteries too.;)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2008
    darthsmurfx;1577820 said:
    Question: Which type of bear is best?
    HMXHenry;1577885 said:
    1. Yogi.
    False. Black bears.

Bears...beets...Battlestar Galactica.
  • CooperalCooperal Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    recharge138;1578022 said:
    That's because no one likes you.
    I'm not a continent. Do they not teach geography over there either?
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    BOOOOOOO. the rechargeable batteries should be included in this promotion. i have like a dozen of them for controllers, remotes, guitars, etc...and i was planning on picking up another set when i upgrade to the RB2 drums.
  • redlummadaredlummada Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Cooperal;1577783 said:
    Great another NA only deal. Thanks for nothing...again.
    No, not NA (North America), just America, as per usual. Us Canadians and everyone else in the world are always left out of these deals and promotions. It's extremely unfair...both Rockband and Energizer batteries are pretty much available worldwide and for you guys to keep making these offers USA exclusive is selfish and careless on everybody's part. Do you think that because I'm from Canada I don't use batteries? Do you think that I power my entire 'igloo' with a generator powered from leftover 'whale blubber'? As for the Europeans that bought the game and got raped for the price...they're not good enough for some free stuff either? Well, maybe one day when large American companies realize that the whole world doesn't revolve around America or Americans, they will show some equallity.

/rant
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    God bless that Energizer Bunny!!

There are some songs that I really want and couldn't afford before, and batteries are always needed at my house! So... Nice!!
  • trixareforchumpstrixareforchumps Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Why is this JUST being announced? I saw this promotion when I went to Circuit City over a week ago.
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    trixareforchumps;1578216 said:
    Why is this JUST being announced? I saw this promotion when I went to Circuit City over a week ago.
    It's news to me pal! so don't spoil it!

:p
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    a bit confuseded... do I get to pick a track of existing DLC to get for free or is some special duracel track?
  • dovanondovanon Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    HyeJinx1984;1578265 said:
    a bit confuseded... do I get to pick a track of existing DLC to get for free or is some special duracel track?
    You get enough points to buy whatever track you want. For 360 users, you get 160 MS Points. I have already gotten two free tracks via this promotion. Also, look inside your RB2 game case for your $1 off coupon for the Advanced Lithium batteries.
  • J_HookJ_Hook Opening Act
    edited November 2008
  • swings1940swings1940 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Good game. Thinking of that makes me want to play some Grimm Fandango as well.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Yeah nothing beats rockin out with a guitar that has "the power" of Energizer batteries. Just makes me want to break into song xD.
  • dahliamurder18dahliamurder18 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Offer open to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 14
    years and older.

yeah really, where's canada :(
  • toolfan62toolfan62 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    i work at radioshack and weve had these in for a few weeks now, when i first saw them i was like:eek:awesome!
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited November 2008
    People who live outside the United States:

Please do not complain to Harmonix about how you are missing out on these deals/getting ripped off/getting things later than the US. Trust me on this one, they know! I'm sure they don't like not being able to give you special promotions, but sometimes that's just the way it is. Harmonix does their best all the time. We all should be thankful that they even try to give people special offers!

Thanks, Harmonix + Energizer! I'll pick up a pack as soon as I get a chance! :D
  • Masterofmagic420Masterofmagic420 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Hell Yeah sounds like a deal to me.
  • MichuraMichura Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    You know what's a better deal? Getting rechargeable batteries.
  • bierfahtbierfaht Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    no deal for nonchargeables = no deal for me

because of the environmental impact, they should not even sell non-rechargebles anymore.

oh, that's right
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • cromartie90000cromartie90000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    this is awesome! I go through batteries like CRAZY.

AND i buy all DLC.

its like i'm being rewarded for shamelessly throwing all my money away!
  • wiistation360wiistation360 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Man why not for the wii version. with the wii version of rock band 2 coming out in december and now this. Do you hate us harmonix?
  • mushmouthboozemushmouthbooze Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    So really you can score 2 FREE SONGS if you scoop up the 80 points songs
  • OzarkSavageOzarkSavage Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    HMXHenry;1577695 said:

You can track down the batteries at most major electronic retailers: Meijer, Circuit City, Kroger, SAMs Club and, you know, other places that sell batteries.

If you can find a Circuit City anymore... they closed down pretty much all the stores in Phoenix.
This discussion has been closed.