Song-o-Matic

RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
edited August 2015 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hey! Back in the day, I did this on a forum, and it was fun. If you want a short (like, probably a minute or less) song about whatever you want, reply, and I will make one. It's not going to sound super great, but the point is to get a silly little nugget of a song made for you quickly.

So just come up with some lyrics or even just a topic, and a style of music, and I'll have a link for you to download your own special song as soon as I can. Again, please don't expect any masterpieces. :smile:

Comments

• calloycalloy Unsigned
    the delayed online multiplayer blues...they are angry blues, not crying blues
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    Hm. What is that in reference to?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    RB4 won't have online multiplayer at launch... And possibly never and that makes a lot of us sad. Angry sad.
  • Rock band 4 won't have online multiplayer at launch because it's super expensive and they didn't think anyone wanted it.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    and then people who were going to lose their online friends they had played music with for years griped and now they announced an exciting new online experience and multiplayer has gone from "who needs it?" to a definite maybe.

perhaps you should wait for the ending of this saga to write that song. it could end up having an upbeat ending
  • calloy said:

and then people who were going to lose their online friends they had played music with for years griped and now they announced an exciting new online experience and multiplayer has gone from "who needs it?" to a definite maybe.

well to be fair on hmx's behalf, a lot of online players assumed it would be in the game and voted for other things, I didn't really play too often, but I'd occasionally try matchmaking, so I'm indifferent.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

calloy said:

well to be fair on hmx's behalf, a lot of online players assumed it would be in the game and voted for other things, I didn't really play too often, but I'd occasionally try matchmaking, so I'm indifferent.
    i'm sure the main reason is the cost. and i don't mind them patching it in when the money is right. i know my first priority was song carryover and online was 2 or 3, but you're right...even when i voted it that high, i figured online was a given.
    Holy crap! How did I miss that news?! When was that announced?

Yeah. Wow. Definitely making a song about this. Check back soon.
    Update: I've got the music done. I just need to wait for my headphone batteries to charge so I can record vocals. While you're waiting, feel free to give me some lyrics you might like me to throw in for this sad song. I'll say the music is pretty high energy and kind of heavy though.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    when you lose your online friends, it's like the pain that never ends

i had known her half a year, we were gonna get a beer
    Heh. I don't understand the second line, but hey, this is your song!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

Heh. I don't understand the second line, but hey, this is your song!

i guess it should have come first. if you lose your online friend, you can't have a beer with her. this is all hyperbole, but if we're making a hit song and the money rains, nobody will care
    edited August 2015
    True. :)

Edit: Recording vocals now.
    Alright, here we go. This took a little longer than I expected. Between the dead batteries and being a little rusty on getting one minute songs done quickly thing, I got hung up a little.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you, "The Pain That Never Ends" by me, Robby Suavé, with inspiration by calloy.

Robby Suavé - "The Pain That Never Ends"

That was fun. Who wants a song next?!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    i like it! great job!
    Awesome! Tell your friends. I want this thread to be a party, with tons of silly short songs! Wooooo!!!
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    It reminds me of Ministry somewhat. It's a cool vibe.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Okay, that was pretty sweet!
  • good times, liked it.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks! Do any of you have an idea for another song? It can be about anything!
  • Still up to making anything? Didn't see this thread before now
    Yep! Do you have an idea for a song?
  • How about a Disco or simple 4/4 Techno song about advanced mathematical equations?
    Heh. Sure. Watch for it sometime today/tonight!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

How about a Disco or simple 4/4 Techno song about advanced mathematical equations?

haha...you better start thinking of words that rhyme with numbers, as a shortcut
    edited August 2015
    Okay. Here's the 4/4 techno song about advanced mathematical equations. Maybe not what you were hoping for, but hey, artistic license. :)

Robby Suavé - "The Explicit Formula for the Prime Counting Function"
  • Sounds awesome!
    Thanks!

Who else wants a song? Give me your worst!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Can you do a reggae-metal song about a cat that loves to play Rock Band and is awesome at it?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited August 2015
    Meowvis