Song-Specific Changes Coming in April

edited March 2016 in Rock Band

From the mind (and mouth) of our very own @HMXJosh:

Howdy partners,

When I posted about-- Okay, that intro was terrible. Starting over.

---

Hey everyone,

(Phew, that's better)

In the post I made in February about the ongoing drum exploit (that we fixed last week), I mentioned that the April update was going to come with a bunch of DLC fixes. A nifty thing the dev team has done for April (aside from setlists) is allowing the game client to patch DLC, so all of these changes will happen automagically when you download the April update -- No need to re-download DLC tracks. These fixes fall under a ton of categories, like:

• Bad tempo maps, i.e. the gems aren't on the beat
  • Solo and harmony lyrics not lining up with their note tubes
  • Missing solo and harmony lyrics
  • Keys parts that have been remapped to guitar
  • Missing characters in the lyrics, especially some foreign characters
  • Missing drum submixes
  • Score exploits when songs were looped too close to their beginning
  • Hopos that were preceeded by a non-hopo
  • Overlapping fills
  • Bugs in the graphical display of the vocal hud
  • Guitar solo authoring and endless solo mode
  • Pro vocals improv
  • Fixed a handful of audio files
  • Camera authoring issues
  • Light presets, including adding many that were missing
  • Post processing fixes
  • Missing venue FX events.
  • Character animation bugs, including fixing some jerkiness in the limbs

Some of these don't affect scoring, like camera or lighting fixes, but for anything with authoring changes (which affect scoring), we'll be wiping leaderboards for those song/instrument combos. This means that if a guitar track is all that's being fixed, we'll wipe guitar and band scores for that song.

Here's a list of every song that will be affected by wipes, along with the changed instruments. Affected leaderboards are marked with an 'X':

Sorry, we're unable to support tables on the Forums. You can check out the Reddit post with the same information in a searchable table!

Rock Band 4 Individual Song Leaderboard Wipes April 2016

More details about setlists and the April patch are coming soon. We’re excited to get this update in your hands! Let me (or Criss, hi!) know if you have any questions. Josh out.

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    A few discontinued songs on this list. Does this mean we'll have them by the time the April update is released?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    What about the Simon & Garfunkel / The Sound of Silence crash that affects PS4 players? Was that already fixed for users in one of the previous updates?
  • No fix for the broken pro-drums in "Cherry Waves" or "Red Barchetta"

also no fix on Rob Zombie's "Dragula" on harmonies... I remember the person who is part of harmonies project said he sent you guys a fix
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Also, if you're adding freestyle vocals to Wonderwall, I'm gonna have fun screwing around with the Endless Solo. :D
  • TheStuddz said:

A few discontinued songs on this list. Does this mean we'll have them by the time the April update is released?

I had the same question because I saw PANIC SWITCH on there and I miss that song.
  • Getting REALLY tired of the constant Leaderboard wipes. Makes it feel like we're all Beta testers for an unfinished game.
  • Getting REALLY tired of the constant Leaderboard wipes. Makes it feel like we're all Beta testers for an unfinished game.

so you would rather keep the scoring exploits that were present in many games, and the charts with problems?

like they are not wiping the leaderboards just for fun, all of these wipes is to fix problems that have been in the series for years

Idiotic post, there is not much being erased this time and it is for our benefit to improve the songs.
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited March 2016
    Sad that "Superstition" isn't on that list. Dropped keys make that song super disappointing on guitar.

@HMXCrisis, @HMXJosh is that something that can be fixed, or would it go against some sort of rule?

ETA: I'm referring to the charted horns on guitar, rather than the much-more-guitar-sounding clavichords that used to be charted to keys.
  • vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    No Bodhisattva on guitar?

Shame. That chart is super broken.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    edited March 2016
    'Race' by Fall Out Boy? Did you leak some DLC? :D

Edit: I don't think they have a song called 'Race' maybe it's meaning 'This Ain't a Scene...' lol
  • @HMXCrisis I saw a lot of delisted songs in the list like by Metallica, Spinal Tap, BSSM era Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. Does this mean delisted DLC is being made available to those who already owned it on last gen either during March or when the April update comes?
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    I did not see 'Ex-Girlfriend' by No Doubt on that list. Is the broken harmony part not being fixed with this update?
  • !!!! I really want to play Metallica in RB4 now seeing Blackened on that list
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2016
    What I'm most happy to see is the return of the missing lighting and venue effects, and camera cuts. Seriously, RB4's presentation felt very dull and stiff due to all of those missing lighting cues and special effects, and a lot of older songs that used those just didn't feel the same when watching RB4 videos of them.
    edited March 2016
    Agh, quoted instead of edited...
  • So on reddit @HMXJosh said that there are other edits as well that won't affect leaderboards so they are not in the table

the example posted was in "Bat Country" on pro drums there is a cymbal that is charted to toms during the last chorus. So I guess there is still hope that some of the pro-drum issues will be fixed this update but not mentioned because there would be no scoring changes
  • So on reddit @HMXJosh said that there are other edits as well that won't affect leaderboards so they are not in the table

the example posted was in "Bat Country" on pro drums there is a cymbal that is charted to toms during the last chorus. So I guess there is still hope that some of the pro-drum issues will be fixed this update but not mentioned because there would be no scoring changes

That means Bodhisattva and Alabama Getaway maybe fixed as changing strum notes to HOPOs mean nothing in terms of score.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Hmm, that's interesting. A "cymbal to tom" chart fix would lower the total possible score and would seem to require a song leaderboard wipe, but a "tom to cymbal" fix would increase the total possible score and they could leave the leaderboards intact!
  • No Bodhisattva guitar chart fix? Wasn't there a problem with the HOPOs in the solo for that song? Not seeing it in the list...
  • the example posted was in "Bat Country" on pro drums there is a cymbal that is charted to toms during the last chorus. So I guess there is still hope that some of the pro-drum issues will be fixed this update but not mentioned because there would be no scoring changes

Hmm, that's interesting. A "cymbal to tom" chart fix would lower the total possible score and would seem to require a song leaderboard wipe, but a "tom to cymbal" fix would increase the total possible score and they could leave the leaderboards intact!
    what? changing a tom to a cymbal does not change how much the note is worth. I am pretty sure no mater what you hit a note on pro drums is worth 30 points

No Bodhisattva guitar chart fix? Wasn't there a problem with the HOPOs in the solo for that song? Not seeing it in the list...

That could also be like the before-mentioned Bat Country fix, since there's no score difference between a hammer-on and a strummed note, so they probably wouldn't have to wipe out the leaderboards for that one either.
  • HamKetHamKet Opening Act
    Maybe this is asking too much, but would it be possible to see more detail as to what specifically is being changed for these songs (i.e. moving keys part to guitar)?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2016

what? changing a tom to a cymbal does not change how much the note is worth. I am pretty sure no mater what you hit a note on pro drums is worth 30 points
    You're right, I think it was different in RB3 though (something like 25 for tom, 30 for cymbal).

@HamKet Basically songs with no guitar are having keys added, you will have already seen this in effect for 1 song if you own the RB3 export and have played "Imagine". The same is being applied to songs like "LoveGame" and "I Want to Know What Love Is".
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

You're right, I think it was different in RB3 though (something like 25 for tom, 30 for cymbal).

Really? Toms and cymbals are worth the same in RB4? So I can disable my yellow and blue cymbals and play easier pro drums to rock the leaderboards unfairly?
  • the example posted was in "Bat Country" on pro drums there is a cymbal that is charted to toms during the last chorus. So I guess there is still hope that some of the pro-drum issues will be fixed this update but not mentioned because there would be no scoring changes

@HamKet Basically songs with no guitar are having keys added, you will have already seen this in effect for 1 song if you own the RB3 export and have played "Imagine". The same is being applied to songs like "LoveGame" and "I Want to Know What Love Is".
    What about songs where keys are much more prevalent, and guitar is just along for the ride? I'm thinking a few Queen songs might apply..
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    So, uh, how about bumping Constant Motion up a tier on guitar like it always deserved?