Song-Specific Changes Coming in April
From the mind (and mouth) of our very own @HMXJosh:
When I posted about-- Okay, that intro was terrible. Starting over.
(Phew, that's better)
In the post I made in February about the ongoing drum exploit (that we fixed last week), I mentioned that the April update was going to come with a bunch of DLC fixes. A nifty thing the dev team has done for April (aside from setlists) is allowing the game client to patch DLC, so all of these changes will happen automagically when you download the April update -- No need to re-download DLC tracks. These fixes fall under a ton of categories, like:
- Bad tempo maps, i.e. the gems aren't on the beat
- Solo and harmony lyrics not lining up with their note tubes
- Missing solo and harmony lyrics
- Keys parts that have been remapped to guitar
- Missing characters in the lyrics, especially some foreign characters
- Missing drum submixes
- Score exploits when songs were looped too close to their beginning
- Hopos that were preceeded by a non-hopo
- Overlapping fills
- Bugs in the graphical display of the vocal hud
- Guitar solo authoring and endless solo mode
- Pro vocals improv
- Fixed a handful of audio files
- Camera authoring issues
- Light presets, including adding many that were missing
- Post processing fixes
- Missing venue FX events.
- Character animation bugs, including fixing some jerkiness in the limbs
Some of these don't affect scoring, like camera or lighting fixes, but for anything with authoring changes (which affect scoring), we'll be wiping leaderboards for those song/instrument combos. This means that if a guitar track is all that's being fixed, we'll wipe guitar and band scores for that song.
Here's a list of every song that will be affected by wipes, along with the changed instruments. Affected leaderboards are marked with an 'X':
Sorry, we're unable to support tables on the Forums. You can check out the Reddit post with the same information in a searchable table!
More details about setlists and the April patch are coming soon. We’re excited to get this update in your hands! Let me (or Criss, hi!) know if you have any questions. Josh out.