Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I have no problem accumulating disagrees, so this isn't about that. :)

But I am curious: do you think I lied about getting the 900 cheevo?
  • I have no problem accumulating disagrees, so this isn't about that. :)

Nah you didn't lie ... it's just that you posted it as a 'victory' whereas it's actually 'pointless' XD

I have no problem accumulating disagrees, so this isn't about that. :)

Nah you didn't lie ... it's just that you posted it as a 'victory' whereas it's actually 'pointless' XD
    Ahhh... you don't understand the futility of my Rock Band career and therefore disagree that earning that cheevo was a victory. Got it.
  • I have no problem accumulating disagrees, so this isn't about that. :)

Ahhh... you don't understand the futility of my Rock Band career and therefore disagree that earning that cheevo was a victory. Got it.
    After careful re-over-interpretation of the situation, I've come to agree that earning 900 skill across your actual library is a worthy achievement.

However, I do understand the futility of your RB career since I'm not too far ahead...
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    MrsDerph said:

Finally played all of the playable guitar songs in my library - 2317/2319. I'll be replaying some of those to improve fcs and gs before I move on to drums \m/

Nice going! With a skill rating of 995, that's really impressive!
  • I'm not sure why I'm so happy that I finally got gold on 'Sound of Silence' on X-pro drums..but I am!!! (couldn't break myself from what, I thought, was the best OD path... it wasn't :D ) and dayum there's some crazy accomplishments from a lot of you! Good Job everyone! :)
  • edited March 27
    My forecast achievement will be flying across the country to San Francisco for a conference about extreme scientific data dorkage. With my Xbox and Strat controller.

ET Update: So sad, achievement failed. :disappointed:

Unpacking my trunk at the airport before leaving, I realized that it wouldn't be fun to take a long walk up a steep hill from the train station to my hotel room all while dragging my laptop, full size suitcase + business suit, poster tube, *and* the XBone, which required its own 21" rollaboard -- Sad result, Xbox left behind.

• I got my RB guitar skill up to 970 by gold starring Blood and Thunder by Mastodon, Godzilla by BOC, one of the more difficult AiC songs, and five starring Two Weeks by All that Remains.
  • I managed to FINALLY five-star Metropolis on Expert Guitar! I barely managed to get that fifth star complete at the end of the BRE but it felt so good lol - I made a point to play all my songs in guitar (around 470 in total) and only got around 870 skill point so I am not that good with it.
    I actually think it's my first five-star devil-tier song!
  • New cheevo: Play tested RBVR @ the M$ store in SF.

But more importantly...

• thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Finally gold starred a couple Maiden songs on bass... Wasted Years and Flight of Icarus... Latter was a -3 run.

Up to 892 on bass... Growing ever closer to the elusive 900.
  • I finished my project. Thank the lord. Otherwise, I've finally gotten to tier 4 on expert guitar (been going through FCing songs in order by difficulty though I have skipped a couple of songs. :p)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited April 16
    Became the first to FC Walk the Moon's "Different Colors" on pro drums, according to the leaderboards. It only took me like three tries, and I'm baffled that no one's done this yet since it's been out since late 2015.
  • Yay, first ever gold stars on a devil-tier track... Uptown Funk vocals...
  • Finally got gold stars on Highway Star on bass.... 98%
    Finally got around to finishing all of the second batch of Rock Band Rivals free songs, and was somehow able to 100% every instrument on every song. I guess that may be partially because there's no "Hour of Rats" or "Black Corridor" in this batch, and I found everything fairly doable. Plus, no song got devils on anything, making for an overall easier batch of songs compared to the first batch.
  • I successfully hosted an 11 person RB4 party last night. We had a crap-ton of food and Peeps and Perrier and Carlsbad Alkaline Water and foo-foo sodas, and a great time was had by all.

As a bonus, I also got to taunt @AndyTheIndigoer on vox on a song.

I want to both "Like" and "LOL" this post.
  • I successfully hosted an 11 person RB4 party last night. We had a crap-ton of food and Peeps and Perrier and Carlsbad Alkaline Water and foo-foo sodas, and a great time was had by all.

Once I find that song, I'll counter brag.

Then again, taunting @LordFlatus on vox is like taunting me on bass... sort of like getting to be the principal of a home school.
  • Made the 2 hour drive to Hamilton Ontario to see ANVIL (for like the 20th time.) Snagged a pair of Vic Firth freshly autographed Robb Reiner drumsticks. Came home, and after 3 attempts finally FC'd Metal on Metal.

I successfully hosted an 11 person RB4 party last night. We had a crap-ton of food and Peeps and Perrier and Carlsbad Alkaline Water and foo-foo sodas, and a great time was had by all.

Once I find that song, I'll counter brag.

Then again, taunting @LordFlatus on vox is like taunting me on bass... sort of like getting to be the principal of a home school.
    But I did get to taunt you on vox!
    After having given up on it since 2015, I passed "Hot for Teacher" on guitar for once, which had previously been the only song in my RB4 library that I couldn't complete on guitar. Feels good.
  • Got 99% on bass on expert on "Stand Back". Super proud of this as I normally can't alt strum for extended periods and this song is ALLLLL fast alt strumming. I ALLLLLMOST got gold stars!
  • Got 99% on bass on expert on "Stand Back". Super proud of this as I normally can't alt strum for extended periods and this song is ALLLLL fast alt strumming. I ALLLLLMOST got gold stars!

No kidding, that and "Edge of Seventeen" are songs that sound very nice but are quite horrible to play (because they are mostly alt-strumming the same note over and over).
    Try expert pro drums on Edge of Seventeen for a truly percussonistic version of alt-strum drumming with movement. I can't keep up when it starts throwing in blue and green cymbals, but I'm close enough to think I can... but I can't.
  • Try expert pro drums on Edge of Seventeen for a truly percussonistic version of alt-strum drumming with movement. I can't keep up when it starts throwing in blue and green cymbals, but I'm close enough to think I can... but I can't.

The day I can nail such drum charts as that and Rio's is the day I'll proudly display my scores in this discussion lol

(seriously, if the whole song is one giant drum roll interrupted by very few and very small fills, it'll sound awesome but play horribly)
    Edge of Seventeen is probably the track that has the biggest discrepancy between how much I like the song and how much I loathe the chart in the entire game. It's far too easy on hard, but a huge PITA to play on expert (for me anyway... can't keep a streak on guitar or bass).
    On topic... 5 starred RIme of the Ancient Mariner on expert guitar + bass for the first time, and Seventh Son on expert guitar for the first time.