DLC to RB4 - (SIEA wants to take some of you to a gay bar)

Comments

• Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    Im on SIEA and the roadrunner pack says I have to pirchase it. I originally purchased this as the 6 pack. Is there a work around to getting the songs?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 20
    Mikey35 said:

Im on SIEA and the roadrunner pack says I have to pirchase it. I originally purchased this as the 6 pack. Is there a work around to getting the songs?

Are you using the webstore (on a pc) or in-game store?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Akuryu said:

LoopyChew said:

Akuryu said:

^Scorpio is a few months away. Dust off your "it's not a priority right now" speech. Think you'll need it.

Did Harmonix change their tune about export priorities when PS4 Pro came out? Why would Scorpio be any different?
    When lesser informed Xbox players upgrade to Scorpio (which is a substantially larger upgrade than Pro and thus more likely to be adopted) and realize they are missing a dozen or more songs, they'll come here to ask why.
    It already happened with the One S. I don't see why Harmonix would change their stance on anything.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Woah. Sure enough, The Animal is now queued for d/l. That was the only broken track I was waiting on.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    You gon' post about this on Reddit, Owl, or leave this as an exercise for the community?

Is the full slate of 23 fixed (or at least attempted-fixed?)?

Mikey35 said:

Ive tried using both.

• jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Mikey35 said:

Mikey35 said:

Ive tried using both.

This is the web link that worked for me:
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/roadrunner-records-pack-1/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RBROADRUNCCF041D

Mikey35 said:

Mikey35 said:

Ive tried using both.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/roadrunner-records-pack-1/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RBROADRUNCCF041D

Sorry dude Im an idiot. I only purchased Running wild apparently
    Mikey35 said:

Mikey35 said:

Mikey35 said:

Ive tried using both.

Sorry dude Im an idiot. I only purchased Running wild apparently
    So the only song in the pack that isn't available is the only one you purchased. Damn that sucks.
  • Microsoft would probably fix the delisted songs pretty fast if Harmonix would just ask.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    The notion that Xbox players should basically sit down and shut up has gotten really old. Playstation players should get all the songs they have the rights to. Xbox players should get all the songs they have the rights to. Everyone should get all the songs they have the rights to. We are all customers.

Until recently, we were told work taking place for one console/region would not effect progress for the other console/regions. That narrative changed. I'm not entirely convinced that once Sony in all regions is "caught up" the narrative won't just change again.

If I had to put money on which announcement will come first: "We've fixed all the delisted tracks" OR "We are ending all support for Rock Band", my money would be on the latter. I hope they surprise me.
  • Akuryu said:

That narrative changed.

It didn't, it just came across weird. You'll notice SIEA fixed like, a quarter of the remaining broken items the same month SIEE got two or three exports. It wasn't, "Hey SIEA, we've got this list for you," and them responding, "We're gonna let this email get buried, bring it up again when SIEE has the 20 Free Pack." We look into broken things and tell the consoles what's broken. They do not glance over at someone else's test to gauge if/when they should do something. All three of them work on their own without regard for the progress of the other two.
    edited April 21
    Then you need to do a better job responding to Xbox players. For months now, any time a Xbox player asks about progress for them, they are told they must wait for Sony to catch up, and I haven't seen anyone correcting them.
    Why after working to get all the exports completed would the new narrative suddenly change to "goodbye support"? If anything, the speed at which the exports have come the past 2 months leads me to believe the team has an even better understanding of the issues and can now fix them quicker than a year ago.
    edited April 21
    Only on this forum, does "Several advancements of long-stalled items in the past week" immediately translate to "The franchise is dying because this week's advancements were all on the OTHER CONSOLE!!!"

This poster actually got TRIGGERED by PS4 users getting fixes. "No! Wah! I'm on the Xbox side and we've always been ahead and I won't stand for anything that lets Sony users get closer to parity with my superior position!"

Only on this forum, does "Several advancements of long-stalled items in the past week" immediately translate to "The franchise is dying because this week's advancements were all on the OTHER CONSOLE!!!"

This poster actually got TRIGGERED by PS4 users getting fixes. "No! Wah! I'm on the Xbox side and we've always been ahead and I won't stand for anything that lets Sony users get closer to parity with my superior position!"

You think this is some type of console war thing? Sorry, but I've been out of high school for over 20 years, and do not engage in such childishness. I have a long post history of trying to find out what is happening with delisted tracks. I ask about Xbox One because that is the console I own. PS4's recent advances have nothing to do with my current feelings.
    edited April 21
    Except that you chose the week PS4 people got stuff to get in a huff. You've annuounced this "narrative change" because you percieve the Sony people getting stuff in a week that Xbox people didn't as "They're serving Sony users before ME and that's not fair!"

I've been out of high school over 20 years, too. Class of '95 REPRESENT!
    I chose this week? You think I'm just now getting frustrated?

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/280848/legacy-entitlements-vs-delisted-next-gen

That's from October of last year. Pre-dates all these PS4 advances. PS4 isn't even mentioned. Sums up my opinion on this pretty well. I was already losing hope at that point. 6 months later I have none.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Akuryu said:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/280848/legacy-entitlements-vs-delisted-next-gen

That's from October of last year. Pre-dates all these PS4 advances. PS4 isn't even mentioned. Sums up my opinion on this pretty well. I was already losing hope at that point. 6 months later I have none.

Frankie says, "Relax." Your time will soon come. :)
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior

Akuryu said:

I thought Frankie said, "Don't do it".
    If Sony didn't get stuff this week, you would not be posting in this thread this week. Yes, it has been a recurring theme for you to express your persecution complex, but your posting this week in this thread had an origin, a trigger, and that was the moment you saw that progress was made for someone else and not for you.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Look, what it comes down to is that they're still trying to get songs for ALL OF US. Xbox, SIEE, SIEA, whatever. If SIEE has taught us anything, it's that just because we don't see progress doesn't mean that progress isn't getting made. We now know that all parties are willing to play ball; it's just a matter of actually figuring out the actual, literal, technical source of these problems.

Akuryu said:

I thought Frankie said, "Don't do it".
    I think he said "Relax, don't do it" if we're getting really picky on the lyrics ;)
    edited April 21

If Sony didn't get stuff this week, you would not be posting in this thread this week. Yes, it has been a recurring theme for you to express your persecution complex, but your posting this week in this thread had an origin, a trigger, and that was the moment you saw that progress was made for someone else and not for you.

If we're making assumptions about each other's personality and motivations for posting here on this day, I suppose I should get in on it.

You ordered 2 eggs for breakfast this morning at the local diner. Fried, sunny side up. The waitress brought you 2 eggs, but they were scrambled. You weren't happy, but she seemed new and you didn't want to complain. Never complain. You let it go. The man sitting behind you wasn't so forgiving. You hear him scold the waitress for screwing up his order. He's loud. He sounds like such a jerk. Making a scene.

You picked up your phone and went to the Rock Band forums to see what's happening today. There you found a cranky guy named Akuryu. What's he doing? Complaining. Always complaining. He's just like that guy behind you. Why couldn't Akuryu just eat whatever they brought out to him? Why be such a jerk? You can't say anything to the guy behind you, but that Akuryu guy... you'll set him straight.

This isn't about me, Rock Band, the PS4 or the Xbox. This is about your scrambled disappointments.
  • It just doesn't seem right that xbox fixes are delayed by Sony.
    No, it doesn't seem right that I fried my own eggs this morning. Dammit, I never thought about a diner!
  • @kal_el_0724 The OP still lists 'The Good Life' - Three Days Grace as broken for SIEA.
    According to my calculations it should be working. The rest of the list matches what I see.

Thanks HMX!
  • @kal_el_0724 The OP still lists 'The Good Life' - Three Days Grace as broken for SIEA.
    According to my calculations it should be working. The rest of the list matches what I see.

Thanks HMX!

Your calculations being as a single purchase in the PS3 era, it was downloadable fine?