Rock Band Blitz full game and demo is being delisted on August 28th (Discussion Thread)

Comments

• One thing that would be cool if we did have a Blitz Mode or ever got it obviously would be achievements or missions but using it to help your Rivals Crew, I know I would play a lot more to grind out XP that way.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Did the original Blitz have any form of multiplayer? A local multiplayer mode would be cool.

Y'know, if Blitz ever comes back.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Personally, my question is if they've prepped a "final" release which allows for offline play.

I don't play RBB much--it turns out that given any free time my first thoughts lie with the RB series proper--but while I understand why it was an issue at the time, I hope it's less of one now that RBB has basically reached EOL.
    TheStuddz said:

Did the original Blitz have any form of multiplayer? A local multiplayer mode would be cool.

No. It was always singleplayer, and the only MP was leaderboards.
  • LoopyChew said:

Personally, my question is if they've prepped a "final" release which allows for offline play.

I don't play RBB much--it turns out that given any free time my first thoughts lie with the RB series proper--but while I understand why it was an issue at the time, I hope it's less of one now that RBB has basically reached EOL.

TheStuddz said:

No. It was always singleplayer, and the only MP was leaderboards.
    I mean, missing progress because your connection to Rock Central crapped out during a song is kind of a bummer. I've experienced it a couple times last night... Ah well, another excuse to replay those songs!

P.S.: I'm playing on a Playstation 3
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

Unfortunately I can't imagine them releasing a title update now (if that's even a possibility) for a delisted, unsupported title. A shame really, because in months or years, there WILL be one day where the servers will be taken down.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I mean, the game is technically "playable" offline. I spent a fair few hours just playing songs, even though I knew the scores wouldn't be permanently saved, and that the power-ups were useless. Like I said, technically.
  • razor63 said:

I mean, the game is technically "playable" offline. I spent a fair few hours just playing songs, even though I knew the scores wouldn't be permanently saved, and that the power-ups were useless. Like I said, technically.

It's kind of a bummer, though (imo at least)

It's very nice to see your progress and compare scores with friends and such.
  • I wish we had an app that combines what we had on Facebook for Blitz along with the new Rivals app if we were to get Blitz back if it ever happened.
  • yoann007 said:

Tyrus1235 said:

razor63 said:

It's kind of a bummer, though (imo at least)

It's very nice to see your progress and compare scores with friends and such.
    I could live without leaderboards. But it's a shame you can't get the full gameplay (including power-ups) offline. The "vanilla" game without power-ups is nowhere near as fun.
    I mean, I usually play with the most boring power-ups (except the Bandmate one), but to people who are used to playing with crazy ones like Arcade or Soundwave (idk the English name) would feel a huge difference!

As a side note to this whole Blitz thing: I was quite surprised to find out it's literally the only Rock Band game to ever be localized to Brazillian Portuguese (or, I guess, Portuguese at all)! It was quite a shock when I started it up and was met with "Conectando ao Rock Central" (they didn't translate Rock Central) and stuff like that lol
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited August 8
    razor63 said:

Okay - help me out..
    There are 8 songs on this soundtrack which are on my wishlist (which for me means rainy-day songs, far from must-haves).. Now - in a way that itself more or less just barely pays for the price of the game, but again - I don't love any of the songs - I certainly don't need them or I would've purchased them already..

But this whole thing about not getting the full game offline is really giving me pause..

The game won't even save my own personal scores offline? It won't be able to save anything - so every time I boot up the game it'll be like it's being played for the first time?

The power ups in the game will be diminished offline? I don't even know what this means, but it doesn't sound good..

Is this game worth getting for me?
    Keep in mind I play RB4 almost entirely for the enjoyment of the music and the fantasy of it all.. And from a "score" perspective, my percentage means a LOT more to me than overall score or stars.. But it sure is nice to see what my previous percentages are for each song..

Not sure if Blitz is a smart pickup for me at this point.. Any help?
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    Honestly, without powerups, your scores won't really be worth saving anyway. Good/strategic use of powerups is a big part of getting high scores.
  • razor63 said:

Okay - help me out..
    There are 8 songs on this soundtrack which are on my wishlist (which for me means rainy-day songs, far from must-haves).. Now - in a way that itself more or less just barely pays for the price of the game, but again - I don't love any of the songs - I certainly don't need them or I would've purchased them already..

But this whole thing about not getting the full game offline is really giving me pause..

The game won't even save my own personal scores offline? It won't be able to save anything - so every time I boot up the game it'll be like it's being played for the first time?

The power ups in the game will be diminished offline? I don't even know what this means, but it doesn't sound good..

Keep in mind I play RB4 almost entirely for the enjoyment of the music and the fantasy of it all.. And from a "score" perspective, my percentage means a LOT more to me than overall score or stars.. But it sure is nice to see what my previous percentages are for each song..

• Ok I splurged and bought it.
    How do I import the songs to RB4?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Ok I splurged and bought it.

PS4 or Xbox? The entitlement should work the same way others do, in any case (for Xbox, it should be Ready to Install).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Did you figure it out yet? I remember it being very easy to do on PS4, but I don't remember the exact details, I'll find them in an old thread if you can't find it yourself.
  • I exported it recently, but it was PS3 - PS4. Basically, when you install the game (insert the game disc for the first time), it asks you if you want to export its songs - saying Yes will take you to a PS Store download page with the RB Blitz export in it - just get it for free and you'll have it added to your account. That means you can find it on your "Downloads" list on the PS4 and download all the songs (they are listed separately, as if you had bought each one as a standalone DLC).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Do you need to have a working PS3 in your possession in order to export? In order to install the game and start it up and be prompted to export?
  • LoopyChew said:

Ok I splurged and bought it.

PS4 or Xbox? The entitlement should work the same way others do, in any case (for Xbox, it should be Ready to Install).
    Got it to work.. Seemed like I had to play a song on Blitz first.. But it's all good now.
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned

razor63 said:

Okay - help me out..

Simply buy it to get 25 songs for $10. Esp if you enjoy a small portion of them. 25 songs - $50 plus tax, or less than $11 with tax. It's worth it.
  • smanchac said:

razor63 said:

Okay - help me out..

Simply buy it to get 25 songs for $10. Esp if you enjoy a small portion of them. 25 songs - $50 plus tax, or less than $11 with tax. It's worth it.
    Well I made the horrible mistake of buying a large chunk of those songs individually a long time ago.. So only 8 of them I didn't own - and I'm not in love with any of those 8.. I bought the game.. Probably a mistake, cuz I don't think it's for me.. HMX made a killing off me through those 25 songs! And to think this game was $5 at one point.. Oh well - nobody to blame but myself for that one..

• Well I made the horrible mistake of buying a large chunk of those songs individually a long time ago.. So only 8 of them I didn't own - and I'm not in love with any of those 8.. I bought the game.. Probably a mistake, cuz I don't think it's for me.. HMX made a killing off me through those 25 songs! And to think this game was $5 at one point.. Oh well - nobody to blame but myself for that one..

Well, in my case I already had Shout, Tuesday's Gone and a couple others idr right now. But I was pleasantly surprised by both the game itself and the rest of its soundtrack! Kids In the Street introduced me to an album of awesome songs, for example.
    Tyrus1235 said:

Well I made the horrible mistake of buying a large chunk of those songs individually a long time ago.. So only 8 of them I didn't own - and I'm not in love with any of those 8.. I bought the game.. Probably a mistake, cuz I don't think it's for me.. HMX made a killing off me through those 25 songs! And to think this game was $5 at one point.. Oh well - nobody to blame but myself for that one..

Well, in my case I already had Shout, Tuesday's Gone and a couple others idr right now. But I was pleasantly surprised by both the game itself and the rest of its soundtrack! Kids In the Street introduced me to an album of awesome songs, for example.
    I'd be surprised if Tuesday's Gone was on the Blitz soundtrack, and I've had it since 2013!
  • razor63 said:

Tyrus1235 said:

I'd be surprised if Tuesday's Gone was on the Blitz soundtrack, and I've had it since 2013!
    Really? I could've sworn it was part of it! I didn't pay much attention to the songs I already owned that were part of the soundtrack, they just come up from time to time and I'm like "heh, I already had that". Was there any Lynyrd Skynyrd song in Blitz's soundtrack or am I mixing it up with the Track Pack Vol. 2, which had the Classic Rock Pack (including Simple Man) in it?
    Tyrus1235 said:

razor63 said:

Tyrus1235 said:

Really? I could've sworn it was part of it! I didn't pay much attention to the songs I already owned that were part of the soundtrack, they just come up from time to time and I'm like "heh, I already had that". Was there any Lynyrd Skynyrd song in Blitz's soundtrack or am I mixing it up with the Track Pack Vol. 2, which had the Classic Rock Pack (including Simple Man) in it?
    There were no Lynyrd Skynyrd songs in Blitz, soundtrack is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_Blitz#Soundtrack
  • CanuckGamerCanuckGamer Road Warrior
    Man, I'd be happy if they were able to port this game to PS4 (& Xbox One). Such a fun game.