September 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Wake Me Up When This Overused Joke Ends

Comments

• I did notice about the RB1 achievements theme:
    Lord of the Strings (Finish Guitar Solo Tour on Expert)
    Virtuoso (Finish Vocals Solo Tour on Expert)
    AN-I-MAL!!! (Finish Drum Solo Tour on Expert)

There wasn't a bass achievement as there was no Bass Solo Tour so maybe they'll do the same thing here (have a drums challenge but not a bass challenge).

I'm aware of that, however...

They did had a Bass Achievement in Rock Band 2, and it's called Groove Assassin. It's unlocked by playing the Impossible Bass Challenge in the Tour Challenge mode. The 3 RB1 Achievements (Lord of the Strings, Virtuoso, and AN-I-MAL!!!) were the counterparts for this achievement for Impossible Guitar, Impossible Vocals, and Impossible Drum challenge respectively.

So I'm going to stand by my belief that we're getting a Bass Challenge... ;)
  • @Dangimarocker If RB ever got Tommy the Cat, it would be some They're Red Hot type mess on vocals! :p

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

@Dangimarocker If RB ever got Tommy the Cat, it would be some They're Red Hot type mess on vocals! :p

I'd agree with you if we didnt already have Jerry was a racecar driver for reference.
  • Just saw Primus in concert last month. It was the best concert I've ever been to, hands down. They put on such an amazing live show.

They're putting out a new album later this month. I would love to see a DLC tie-in for the new album, and a bass challenge week to go along with it.

It probably won't happen, but a man can dream, right?
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    Slightly updated prediction, given we know the likely themes for 2 of the challenges (Bass and Drums), and the fact I now know Dropmix releases this month...

September 14 - Foo Fighters (one day before their new album)
    Foo Fighters - The Sky is a Neighborhood
    Foo Fighters - Everlong

Challenge: A-NI-MAL! (Drums)
    Foo Fighters - The Sky is a Neighborhood
    Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
    Rush - A Passage to Bangkok

September 21- Dropmix singles
    Rick James - Super Freak
    Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

Challenge: Groove Assassin (Bass)
    Rick James - Super Freak
    Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
    St. Vincent - Birth in Reverse

September 28 - Random singles
    Van Halen - Jump
    Switchfoot - Float

Challenge: Rest in Keys (Keys-themed; no instrument bonus)
    Van Halen - Jump
    La Roux - Bulletproof
    Party Bois - True Confessional
  • Where is the september's full dlc announcement?
  • @silvioles Isn't happening this month, seems like for September we're getting the same situation as what happened in March (each week only having that week's DLC announcement).
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Last second random predictions

Week 2
    "Believer" - Imagine Dragons (spotlight)
    "Wish I Knew You" - The Revivalists

Week 3
    "Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne (spotlight)
    "Say It Ain't So" - Weezer

Week 4
    "How Bizarre" - OMC (spotlight)
    "Float" - Switchfoot
  • GLaDOS said:

Week 2

Week 3 - Dropmix
    "Bust a Move" - Young MC (spotlight)
    "The Final Countdown" - Europe

Week 4
    "Float" - Switchfoot

Fixed that for you. ;)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 12
    I'm not changing my predictions but if Foo Fighters is this week, I think we'll either get Everlong and a song by a different artist or a Foo Fighters pack rather than just 2 Foo Fighters songs.
  • New A7X (God Damn) and The Who RB1 Rewind this week.

Years without The Real Me since Fantasia: coming up on 3
  • GLaDOS said:

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4
    "Float" - Switchfoot

I must be in the only one who can't stand Imagine Dragons in the world. I wouldn't even grab that for free.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 12
    Won't Get Fooled Again being released makes me more confident in my The Final Countdown prediction. If you look at the non-RB2 rewinds over this year it has been:

January
    - All-American Rejects "Swing, Swing" (LRB)
    - Blue Öyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" (RB1)

February
    - Sum 41 - "In Too Deep" (LRB)

April
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird" (RB3)
    - Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot" (RB3)

September
    The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again" (RB1)

Not many indeed.
  • That's probably for a very special "10th anniversary" related reason ;)
  • I'm going to change my final week prediction but keeping The Final Countdown and Bust a Move for next week:

9/28
    Disturbed - "Remember" (spotlight pass)
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"

It is seeming increasingly likely that no RBVR songs will be in the spotlight pass so I think Church Bells and Grand Canyon will be DLC during the gap between season 2 and season 3.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

GLaDOS said:

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4
    "Float" - Switchfoot

I must be in the only one who can't stand Imagine Dragons in the world. I wouldn't even grab that for free.
    I don't care much for them, but "Believer" has been #1 on the the Billboard Rock charts for way too long for Harmonix to not be trying to get it. It's really only a matter of time before we see more of them I think, if packs weren't such a rarity these days I think they surely would've gotten one.
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited September 12
    With the trend in Rivals, it seems to be drums this week, bass the next. I would've thought metal would fit the bass challenge, but The Who definitely clinches it as drum week for me. I definitely agree with @grumblevolcano, though I would've preferred to see "Remember" for vocal week! :D And as an '80's/'90's kid, I would definitely buy "Bust a Move". Whatever the outcome, it seems be shaping up to be an interesting end of the month and Bloodstone challenge for Season 2.

Oh, and as we're thinking on RB2 rewinds, I definitely stand behind "Man in the Box" as a prediction for sometime soon, if not this month. Still would like "Stone", "Them Bones" or "Down in a Hole" better though, already own all the imports.
  • @WoodenGlory 10th anniversary week ends up being Dave Grohl week. Every rewind with Dave Grohl as well as a song from Concrete and Gold being DLC that week! :p
  • @WoodenGlory 10th anniversary week ends up being Dave Grohl week. Every rewind with Dave Grohl as well as a song from Concrete and Gold being DLC that week! :p

And it WOULD be as part of the Pass, so everybody that bought it get basically an entire week off :p
  • I can see them doing something like RBVR and having a Dropmix song week.

Dropmix Launch:
    -It's Tricky- Run DMC (Season Pass
    -The Mother We Share- CHVRCHES
    -Bangarang- Skrillex feat Sirah
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited September 12

I can see them doing something like RBVR and having a Dropmix song week.

Dropmix Launch:
    -It's Tricky- Run DMC (Season Pass
    -The Mother We Share- CHVRCHES
    -Bangarang- Skrillex feat Sirah

I would kill on vocals for It's Tricky if I ever sang it on stream, which probably won't happen.
  • @Tranquilbez22 It would be cool if there is a DropMix 3 song week that it ended up being the start of returning to 3 songs a week rather than being an odd week out.
  • We finally have a DLC hint!
    HMXOwl said:

Last week of the month has some modern pop.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5388142/#Comment_5388142
  • We finally have a DLC hint!

HMXOwl said:

Last week of the month has some modern pop.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5388142/#Comment_5388142
    How modern are we talking here? Like last three years modern?
  • Kesha confirmed!
    A boy could dream.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 14
    I do believe the songs I'd most want from Kesha's "Rainbow" would be categorized as country, rather than pop.

"Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)" would be a fantastic duet piece. Make it the double-Dolly week with the recently-Dropmix-announced "Jolene". Or better yet, go triple-Dolly with her recent cover of Brandi Carlile's "The Story". Owl, make it happen.