DLC Discussion Thread: Suspect Singles

Comments

• I was partially thinking for some time while we knew the spotlight pass existed that the 7th or 8th spotlight pass song would be something like Live While We're Young (One Direction) as a light hearted joke but Stranglehold was such a bad move that joke releases are probably better saved for a future spotlight pass if they exist.

I think they will keep them going for the next season or two, but early 2018 is when we'll see any long-term patterns.
  • The only problem i have with the pass is that siea is a mess making it work because most of the time i can play the challenges when they start but after that i never know when i'll be able to play so the song not being available when the challenge goes live is kinda bad for me, i hope siea finds a way to finay make it work before it starts, but quality wise the pass is definitely worth it
  • The Who song is a great song and if you didn't export RB1, it's a must.

As for the Avenged Sevenfold song, The Stage is a fantastic album, and GD is a great song in its own right, but I would've preferred the 15-minute Exist, just so people who already exported WGFA have something long to play (whether or not it'd be any good is up to you). Not to mention, there are other metal bands that either have missing hits or just aren't in the game that could've spiced things up. I, for one, would love to play the entirety of Vektor's "Terminal Redux" or Death's "The Sound of Perseverance," but eh, they're probably too "out-there".

I'm still fine with new Avenged Sevenfold regardless, given I'm a glutton for really difficult metal music, and I happen to enjoy A7X's music. I just want "A Little Piece of Heaven" to happen already just so we can complete all of the big A7X songs.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I saw that A7x was the spotlight song and my first thought was "meh, I already have a bunch of A7x songs".

But then I remembered that I have *ALL* the A7x songs. Because I like them. And I bought them all. So this is a good thing. :)
  • I understand people being not so happy about a song or other in the spotlight pass. But I can't understand why buy a pass that doesn't give early access to new songs whatever they are
  • @silvioles The whole point of the pass is the discounted price, the fact an 8 pack of songs is cheaper than buying those 8 songs as individual songs. If you don't care about the discounted price then don't buy the pass, simple as that.
  • @silvioles The whole point of the pass is the discounted price, the fact an 8 pack of songs is cheaper than buying those 8 songs as individual songs. If you don't care about the discounted price then don't buy the pass, simple as that.

Sorry, Don't get me wrong. I respect that. But I think spotlight pass should be more interesting than saving 2 bucks...
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    This week is a pass for me. Better luck next time.
  • Disappointed, but not surprised to see the general disdain for some genuinely fun guitar and drum music. A7X hasn't let me down, yet. And I'm super eager to see more of The Stage in the mix. (Let's not get into the list of songs we could still justify adding.) I suspect this will be the last of them we'll see, this year. Would be nice to see more metal from other bands, new and old. Would absolutely LOVE to see Highly Suspect in Rock Band.

Other than that, anyone notice the theme between these two? They're both about questioning nationalism, to some degree. WGFA being directly about how the more thing change, the more they stat the same. They both speak to a suspicion of the ruling body. For that reason, I think our on-disc spotlight will actually be Light Up the Night (also a repeat). Which is about fighting the status quo... with fire.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I was partially thinking for some time while we knew the spotlight pass existed that the 7th or 8th spotlight pass song would be something like Live While We're Young (One Direction) as a light hearted joke but Stranglehold was such a bad move that joke releases are probably better saved for a future spotlight pass if they exist.

We're overdue for some modern pop, unfortunately. If the Season Spotlight Pass is anything like the Rivals Launch Pack, I'm sure we'll see a more modern stuff soon.
  • Last week of the month has some modern pop.
  • tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

Last week of the month has some modern pop.

Carly Rae Jepsen or we riot.
    I've BEEN rioting.
  • I hope the modern pop is RBVR stuff.
  • edited September 13
    I hope last week's (Not the previous week, but the very last week of September) Season 2 Spotlight Pass song is Try Everything (From Zootopia). :)
  • ugxwolf said:

Would absolutely LOVE to see Highly Suspect in Rock Band.

Yep.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I hope the modern pop is RBVR stuff.

Do you mean Dropmix? Dropmix is loaded with modern pop. Is there any pop (not country-pop) left from the RBVR setlist?
  • @thatmarkguy I mean RBVR, there's a few left:
    - Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    - Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things" (though this is more pop-punk)
    - Coldplay - "Birds" (though it'll be sorted under Alternative, 10s Coldplay is pop)
  • Wonder if any of this pop will...Leave a Trace?
    @thatmarkguy
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 13
    God Damn is available for XB1 spotlight pass owners. It looks like the spotlight pass entitlements for all XB1 spotlight pass owners go up at midnight Australia time.
  • HMXOwl said:

Is that a Bear Hands song?

The Mother We Share would be very disappointed in you :p
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

Charli XCX please
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

Crud. Well I guess, at least I know now to cherry pick the songs from the Spotlight pass I want instead of getting the whole enchilada (or continuing to wait it out).
  • @djb5f1 No one said the modern pop was spotlight. You could for example have something like:
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell" (spotlight pass)
  • edited September 13
    Songs with devil heads should have been left off the season pass. GD needed to be released for those truly capable to play it. It's unplayable to me and nothing like your video shown. Very disappointed and I'll never buy a season pass again without knowing the songs involved.
  • I figured GD would be rough. It's from The Stage, for one. Most of the hard part should be triplets during the verses and the fast picking over the bridge. Vox shouldn't be too bad, though.
  • edited September 13
    ugxwolf said:

I figured GD would be rough. It's from The Stage, for one. Most of the hard part should be triplets during the verses and the fast picking over the bridge. Vox shouldn't be too bad, though.

It's ready to dl if you weren't already aware XB1