DLC Discussion Thread: 1982 Is Calling and the End of Season 2

Comments

• Wow, really nice start to October's DLC! If this is any indication of the quality for the rest of the month, it's a very good sign! :)
  • edited October 3

Haha - I had to look that song up - I do remember that!
    As much as it brought a smile to my face, I think I'm glad we got HOTM instead.. Tough call though!

I sometimes pull up "Only Time Will Tell" just to listen to the intro a dozen or so times. It's too epic.

When the guitar part comes in:

Steve Howe is from Yes. Lol!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Also, love the song and am happy with it, but...

"Asia – the prog rock super group consisting of members of Yes and King Crimson"

I've been waiting for years to hear those words "King Crimson" in a DLC announcement. The words are here but Crim is not. You ****ing tease.

I wanted my John Wetton. But not like this. Well, sure, like this. But ALSO like THAT.

Also really weird to leave off Carl Palmer on the announcement.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    great pick. I love "Heat Of The Moment", and "Eye Of The Tiger" will sell like Rocky hotcakes
  • Also, love the song and am happy with it, but...

"Asia – the prog rock super group consisting of members of Yes and King Crimson"

I've been waiting for years to hear those words "King Crimson" in a DLC announcement. The words are here but Crim is not. You ****ing tease.

I wanted my John Wetton. But not like this. Well, sure, like this. But ALSO like THAT.

Agreed. I can't wait for the day that we at least get 21st Century Schizoid Man. That was one of my favorites on Guitar Hero.
  • Hype for Heat of the Moment!

No stems = no buy tho.
  • To borrow something from 1987 "I'd buy that for a dollar!" but it's two so that phone is just gonna keep ringing.
  • "Heat of the Moment" is pretty amazing. I am kinda glad I have the spotlight pass now

Imagine if 21st Century Schizoid Man was the final spotlight pass song.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior

Also, love the song and am happy with it, but...

Agreed. I can't wait for the day that we at least get 21st Century Schizoid Man. That was one of my favorites on Guitar Hero.
    Quoted for truth, a simple "agree" or "like" is not enough.

Damn it I'm going to the song request page again. (And again).

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Imagine if 21st Century Schizoid Man was the final spotlight pass song.
    Not Wetton-era Crim, but I'd take it all the same! :) I have no delusions about them ever releasing the vocals-less "Red", the Saxophone-as-lead-instrument "Starless", or any of the other Wetton-era Stuff.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 3
    There's no stream tonight but something special is happening next week!

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 3
    It's the Rock Band/Cooking Mama crossover we've been waiting for since...never?

Or cooking might give us an appetite...for destruction. Said no one ever.

Well, guess there's no chance for codes this week.
  • Maybe they're introducing a new gameplay mode, like 1v1 multiplayer or maybe another single-player challenge like Brutal Mode.
  • @WingsOfSteel If it is a new gameplay mode, @FritzyKatz's bonus XP prediction for challenge 7 (Play a Show) is probably correct.
  • or maybe they are just planning on doing something fun for the steam, and it is not related to any updates in any way.

And that's usually the case anyways so :p

The Court of the Crimson King as full album DLC or we riot.
  • Speaking of Riot...Thundersteel, please.
  • Love Heat of the Moment. Wish they would get back to 3 new songs a week instead of just 1.
  • Another great week of DLC, and another excellent Spotlight Pass song. :smiley:

As for GH80s songs, my hair-life won't be complete until we get "Bathroom Wall" by Faster Pussycat.

I'd love House of Pain by them too!
    (They could honestly do a pack for them)

And the Alice choices look great for me!
  • I hope Them Bones is the spotlight pass song, but I'll probably still pick up whichever song isn't spotlight.
  • YES! Our first DLC Pack since that Valentines one before all DLC showed up in 2s or sometimes, 1s. :D

I'm a little disappointed that we don't have a 2000s song to represent the Season 2 Spotlight Pass, but I am super happy that we're getting Them Bones, a Alice In Chains song that has been long overdue, ever since Rock Band 2.

It's nice that we're nearly done getting all of the singles from the album, Dirt. Now all we need left is Angry Chair (Which I haven't listened to before), and that should do it. (Would love to see Deep Cuts from that album, but that would be impossible at this time).

Hear's hoping that Them Bones is the last song of the Season 2 Spotlight Pass. :)
  • Woo "Them Bones"

the best Alice in Chains song, I agree with the others on hoping it will be in the spotlight pass