DLC Discussion Thread: Good Things Come In Threes

Comments

• Kind of glad my crew hit Bloodstone not this last week but the week prior.
    Opeth would drive me crazy trying to get decent scores on.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    In regards to this weeks DLC, is there any reason why Alice In Chains' "Man In The Box" is showing up as $2.95?

Shouldn't it be marked Purchased or Free, considering that I got the song with the RB2 Export?

While it's not a problem now, it may be an issue if I ever need to re-download the song.

"Down In A Hole" is showing Free because I own the Season Pass.

I posted this in the Euro thread, but there's more likely to get noticed here.

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Yeah, something's not right with the entitlements in this pack.

After purchasing "Down In A Hole" and "Them Bones" this is what my account shows ("Man In The Box" and "Alice In Chains Pack 03 should be showing Purchased as well, since I technically own all 3 songs).

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 12
    XB1 also has a problem, the release date of Them Bones is showing up as 10th December rather than 12th October.

EDIT: Actually all 3 singles and the pack show up as 10th December but unlike Them Bones, the others have prices attached.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited October 12
    Sounds like someone at Microsoft got the UK date format mixed up with the US format.

EDIT: It's showing as 12th October here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/-Them-Bones---Alice-In-Chains/BR9LM1GCH60T
  • @CAL022 That was a quick fix!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 12
    Another note, we're only 1 song away from having all of the Xbox 360 GH2 tier 3 songs in RB:
    Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son"
    Iggy & The Stooges - "Search and Destroy"
    The Police - "Message in a Bottle"
    Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babies"
    Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"

Though it would be nice if we also ended up with a War Pigs original version. Someday I'd like to be able to hide those early RB1 era AMFB Black Sabbath covers.
  • Another note, we're only 1 song away from having all of the Xbox 360 GH2 tier 3 songs in RB:
    Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son"
    Iggy & The Stooges - "Search and Destroy"
    The Police - "Message in a Bottle"
    Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babies"
    Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"

Though it would be nice if we also ended up with a War Pigs original version. Someday I'd like to be able to hide those early RB1 era AMFB Black Sabbath covers.

I would give anything for the original "Billion Dollar Babies". It's one of my favorite songs of all time, and the live version by Alice Cooper (The Person) that we have does not even come close to the original by Alice Cooper (The Band). The cover on GH2 sounds better than what we got. The trading of verses between Alice and Donovan is what makes the song so great.

+1 on War Pigs original version.

• edited October 12
    US Playstation user reporting that Man in the Box is showing the Three Dots in the Rock Band Store.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like I've gotten impatient when checking the new DLC. :p
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 12
    EliBell1 said:

"Down in a Hole"

Separate Stems?: Check
    Frickin' Awesome Song?: Check

This is hands down my favorite spotlight song of the season 2 pass. Can't wait to play "Them Bones" tomorrow!

Awesome! Any word on "Them Bones"?

EDIT: eh, I bought it on faith. purchase + download seemed to go just fine after I closed the PS Store tab and then re-opened it.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited October 12
    I have the export and spotlight pass and MitB shows purchased (updated with rivals artwork), Bones says $1.99 and DiaH says Free so it looks like Sony murica got this round correct at least.

Edit: spoke too soon. The prices all show up correctly, but adding both songs to my cart and trying to purchase resulted in an error with both getting removed. Tried purchasing separately and still received an error. On a tip from another thread, I cleared cookies and cache and managed to get Them Bones bought and in my download quere but DiaH is not working yet. The spotlight pass is not currently showing in my purchase history but the previous 7 songs are so I'll wait to see if this resolves on its own and contact CS later tonight if it's not.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 12
    Woooo!!! SCEA screwed it up!!!

I knew they wouldn't let me down. ;)

Edit: It's college all over again... I'm not eligible. :'(

Edit2: I got it to work! After I received this message, I signed out and back in. The song then stated that it had been purchased (processed) and that I could just download it.

It's now in my queue. :)
    @kal_el_0724 That's the same message I'm getting. Can you see the pass in your purchase history?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

@kal_el_0724 That's the same message I'm getting. Can you see the pass in your purchase history?

See my second edit. Try what I did and see if it works!

See my second edit. Try what I did and see if it works!
    Yippie! That worked. Grassy-ass :)
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I was hoping more AiC would bring 'Got Me Wrong', which a part of 'Blow Up the Outside World -
    Soundgarden' always reminds me of.

I would have preferred 'Them Bones' as part of the pass, since I want that song, but I'll take both.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    uppyb0t said:

I was hoping more AiC would bring 'Got Me Wrong', which a part of 'Blow Up the Outside World -
    Soundgarden' always reminds me of.

I would have preferred 'Them Bones' as part of the pass, since I want that song, but I'll take both.

Don't fret, Got Me Wrong is in Alice in Chains Pack 04 with I Stay Away, Angry Chair, Nutshell, and Over Now!
  • Thinking back to the idea that GH may have had Them Bones exclusivity, maybe if that wasn't the case Dirt would've been given the full album DLC treatment like Nevermind and Ten.
  • Awesome! Any word on "Them Bones"?

Full separation on "Them Bones" as well!

Wow I just FC'd Them Bones on Guitar on Sightread. Not sure how I hit that solo 100%

Congrats! Snakes are one of my main weaknesses. Especially ones on the bottom or top three frets.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited October 13
    @EliBell1 Thanks for confirming, I was a bit worried because on the DLC preview video it didn't sound as punchy as the mix on GH Smash Hits. Getting both new songs this week then :)

• Ah, GH Smash Hits, that's where I remember it! It was "No Excuses" in Metallica. I never understood the vocal charting of either in GH, RB makes so much more sense. And as a vocalist, I really love "Down in a Hole", the harmony is perfect! :) Wish they would've kept "Them Bones" in the theme, but overall, I like this week, it seems like a pretty balanced challenge. Thank you to the winning crews for putting together a good list. On a personal note, though I am a Disturbed fanatic, it's nice to go a week without seeing "Indestructible" or "Sound of Silence" on the list! Yay, "Stupify"! :D
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned

Thank you to the winning crews for putting together a good list. On a personal note, though I am a Disturbed fanatic, it's nice to go a week without seeing "Indestructible" or "Sound of Silence" on the list! Yay, "Stupify"! :D

I’m happy that people are enjoying this challenge as much as we are. Mostly we’ve got positive feedback from our selections and that means a lot to us :) And I had to choose ”Stupify” for the challenge as it’s my favorite Disturbed song.
  • While I may not have cared for the spotlight selections, the challenge songs are a real nice mix.

I've been finding songs that I forgot I even had until I saw them in the list, as well. Certainly I can't remember the last time I played Behemoth before last night.

Nice job.
  • Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song and Kansas' Icarus - Borne on Wings of Steel are two songs I look for every time there's a Some Guy's Personal Picks challenge and this one had both. Obviously it's never a 100% match to my personal taste, but any time both of those songs show up, it's a good sign for that week's selection.
    I've managed to get about 5-6 old hard scores up to expert so far and I have about 8 nightmare songs at 3 stars I can work on improving so my skill rating thanks you :)