DLC Discussion Thread: You're Not Dreaming

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I have a system where I don’t look at the announcement and just play the video. Hearing Ace of Base, Radiohead, and Weezer was a fantastic revelation.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 14
    Runa216 said:

I just don't get it, why do people like Radiohead so much? Their music is slow and boring and repetitive and whiny. My Iron Lung and Creep are two of my least enjoyed songs in the entire franchise....

...and the chart for this one looks just as slow, boring, and whiny as those.

Why do people like this band? Furthermore, why do they like this band in Rock Band? Not a single chart of theirs to this date has been in any way fun to play, and are often the ones I dread most when going back to play old songs/games.

I'm sure somebody said something similar to this towards a band that you may very well enjoy both to hear and play in this game.

Mostly the thing to remember is Radiohead is a BIG get for this franchise, especially since they still play and release music that many find to be good. And in the days of Spotlight Passes, where all the songs in there NEED to be guaranteed sales even if they never get a play at all, that's what will help keep the lights on a little longer.

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited November 14
    **** yes. **** YES. *************************************************** YES!!!!!!

*minor cough*

I'm excited. :)

**** yes. **** YES. *************************************************** YES!!!!!!

*minor cough*

Sir, I’m gonna need you to calm down!
    Witticus said:

*minor cough*

Sir, I’m gonna need you to calm down!
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    pass for me, glad for you
  • Well there you go Radiohead Heads.

I liked there other two we got but this one not so much. Definitely great for fans that have waited for near a decade though.

But The Sign is mine. A lot of other 90s "one hit wonders" I would have gone with first, but this is still way up there.

Their songs tend to sound similar, heh, but Ace of Base weren't one hit wonders. For 1994, the year where The Sign was # 1 song, All That She Wants was the # 9 song and Don't Turn Around was # 10. And they may have had another hit or two.
    Put it in quotes for a reason. There are a LOT of 90s bands that may have had more than one hit at the time but are only remembered for one song these days. No one really remembers AoB outside of The Sign unless you were a fan or some such.

You could ask 10 people to name two of their songs and 6 might say The Sign, one might name a couple, and the other three would ask, "Who?". A bit hyperbolic but you get the point.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Radiohead, wow. I'd have preferred "Paranoid Android" but beggers can't be choosers! This is awesome!

And "The Sign". I mean, I'll buy it. But Radiohead is the headliner here today.
  • Finally! Tied with Lady Gaga 03 week as best of the year! I love The Sign and I had just given up on Radiohead. Yay!!!
    TheStuddz said:

Radiohead, wow. I'd have preferred "Paranoid Android" but beggers can't be choosers! This is awesome!

My personal choice would have been “Just” but its just good to know Radiohead is still willing to work with Harmonix.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Great gets!
    Even better if they both have full stems / are mixed perfectly.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

TheStuddz said:

My personal choice would have been “Just” but its just good to know Radiohead is still willing to work with Harmonix.
    If I had my druthers I can name a dozen Radiohead songs I'd prefer. I consider Karma Police to be one of the weakest tracks on what I consider to be the greatest album of all time. But still, it's Radiohead, man.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I seriously can’t believe we’re getting more Radiohead after all this time!!!

Karma Police is far from my favorite but it’s still quite good and will be purchased. Hopefully we can get more! I will most likely pick up The Sign too, I don’t like a whole lot of 90s pop but that one is definitely an exception. The Weezer song is good but I mean, I’ve had it for forever

Witticus said:

TheStuddz said:

If I had my druthers I can name a dozen Radiohead songs I'd prefer. I consider Karma Police to be one of the weakest tracks on what I consider to be the greatest album of all time. But still, it's Radiohead, man.
    Yeah it's always a toss up for me between OK Computer and The Bends. They're both exceptional albums that are deserving of being fully represented in this game.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Witticus said:

TheStuddz said:

Actually yeah, I forgot about "Just". That would definitely have been top 3 for me if not my first choice. Hopefully this partnership proves fruitful enough for more in the future. Maybe a 3-pack? Maybe more?
  • I was filled with joy until, at the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of my RB3 keyboard. Oh, all that could have been...
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    This is too good to be true.
  • On top of this news of Radiohead returning to RB after almost 10 years of nothing. Xbox One now has gifting for games, DLC, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass.

1. Select the content you want to send as a gift
    2. Select "Buy as gift"
    3. Choose from your list of Xbox friends or enter the email address of the person you want to send the gift to
    4. Select next and enter sender name (your gamertag is the default sender name)
    5. Select "Buy as a gift"

A code is then sent to the person to redeem the content.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    My Radiohead 3-pack would be

Just
    Paranoid Android
    Electioneering

Make it a 6 pack and I’d add

Street Spirit (Fade Out)
    Optimistic
    Stop Whispering
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

Witticus said:

TheStuddz said:

i think Karma Police is like Where Is My Mind, it's a great song but will have some pretty boring charts... unless they chart that effects breakdown at the end, in which case things could get interesting.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    I approved of this message.

In regards to "this garbage in my game" @Runa216, you can choose not to download the song if you dislike it that much.
  • Awesome! Two songs I've requested are making it into the game!
  • First of all, yaaaaaaaaaay! Another great week for me! :)

Second, I'm going to assume this now means we're getting Muse for the 2000s DLC next week. :3

edited November 14

Second, I'm going to assume this now means we're getting **** for the 2000s DLC next week. :3

Next week isn't 2000's....
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 14
    This is Radiohead's first year of eligibility for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and they were nominated for it right away and will surely get in eventually. And maybe immediately.

Obviously being in the R&R HOF isn't a remotely perfect indicator of quality. But if there are ANY acts in the R&R Hall of Fame that you consider "garbage", artists that make "crap tracks" that you would hate to have forced upon you, then the Spotlight Pass was a truly mystifying purchase.
  • On top of this news of Radiohead returning to RB after almost 10 years of nothing. Xbox One now has gifting for games, DLC, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass.

1. Select the content you want to send as a gift
    2. Select "Buy as gift"
    3. Choose from your list of Xbox friends or enter the email address of the person you want to send the gift to
    4. Select next and enter sender name (your gamertag is the default sender name)
    5. Select "Buy as a gift"

A code is then sent to the person to redeem the content.

Only took them long enough :p