DLC Discussion Thread: Don't Tip the Charts Over

Comments

• LoopyChew said:

I keep requesting "Run Like Hell", "Run for Cover", "Run Away With Me", "Run To You"... I think their request form parser might be broken.

"Look, 4 more votes for 'Run'!"

Meanwhile Roll to Me...

*tumbleweeds*
    Sorry, man. The wrong time, the wrong situation.
    It's always the Same 'Ol Situation. Nobody's Perfect.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    I honestly haven't heard any of these already, but I can see this pack pleasing a lot of folks so I'm glad we got it. In any case, it's really a breath of fresh air to see a 3 pack of completely new songs (to any music game, for that matter) for the first time since February!

I'm interested in listening to that Queens of the Stone Age song actually. I've only heard one song from the new album and it's not that one. Since that was the main single and people here seem to dig it, it's probably worth a listen.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    THREE new songs?! Look at this embarrassment of riches!

Somehow that Stone Sour songs sounds more like a Foo Fighters song than the actual Foo Fighters song we're getting.

I'll probably grab QotSA. That song's great.
  • Depends: When will people start requesting Serebro? (look it up, they're a thing)
  • Hmm, I thought I'd be the only one who didn't know any of these songs, but seems like there's quite a few who don't. I'll definitely check them out and hope I like them.

Really dig the fact that we're getting a pack and all 2017 tunes!
  • KidSleez said:

Hmm, I thought I'd be the only one who didn't know any of these songs, but seems like there's quite a few who don't. I'll definitely check them out and hope I like them.

Somehow I never stumbled upon these songs either.. After a couple listens each, these are my power rankings and thoughts:

1) The Way You Used To Do - Awesome, I'm instantly a big fan.. Still waiting for Make It Wit Chu to matriculate to RB, but this is a very pleasant addition!

2) Song 3 - I'm not a big fan of Stone Sour, and this song sounds a bit generic, but it has a nice solo and its catchy enough..

3) Run - It has cool "parts" but, seems IDK, unfocused (?) to me.. Somehow I've accumulated a ton of Foo Fighters songs in this game even though I only kinda-sorta like most of them..

I think I'm gonna get the whole pack to support new rock in the game, although I'll probably only spend much time with the Queens.

Always good to get new, hard rock.. I was hoping for more along the lines of Fozzy's "Judas" or "Notorious" by Adelitas Way, but IDK if those were quite the hits that these are.. And having a 3-pack without rewinds is almost always welcome.
  • KidSleez said:

Hmm, I thought I'd be the only one who didn't know any of these songs, but seems like there's quite a few who don't. I'll definitely check them out and hope I like them.

Somehow I never stumbled upon these songs either.. After a couple listens each, these are my power rankings and thoughts:

1) The Way You Used To Do - Awesome, I'm instantly a big fan.. Still waiting for Make It Wit Chu to matriculate to RB, but this is a very pleasant addition!

2) Song 3 - I'm not a big fan of Stone Sour, and this song sounds a bit generic, but it has a nice solo and its catchy enough..

3) Run - It has cool "parts" but, seems IDK, unfocused (?) to me.. Somehow I've accumulated a ton of Foo Fighters songs in this game even though I only kinda-sorta like most of them..

I think I'm gonna get the whole pack to support new rock in the game, although I'll probably only spend much time with the Queens.

Always good to get new, hard rock.. I was hoping for more along the lines of Fozzy's "Judas" or "Notorious" by Adelitas Way, but IDK if those were quite the hits that these are.. And having a 3-pack without rewinds is almost always welcome.
    Honestly, not knowing these songs says more about me, as I readily admit to not keeping up with current music.

Glad to see Judas getting some love here! From what I can see, it hit #5 on the same US Mainstream Rock chart, so maybe there's hope for it yet?
  • Permission to suggest a thread title of "We ALL Just Made The List" should we get Fozzy?
  • Permission to suggest a thread title of "We ALL Just Made The List" should we get Fozzy?

This is a must! :p
  • A pretty great pack! I am happy for both Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age... not too sure about Stone Sour because the radio here does not play them much, but I will give it a try.

I am a little disappointed that we did not get 2010s stuff from bands that are not in Rock Band like Red Sun Rising, Foals, Cage The Elephant, Nothing More, The Struts, Dreamers, or Holy White Hounds
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    ...The National, Arcade Fire, Brand New, LCD Soundsystem...

They have confirmed at least one platform-new artist this month. It won't all be sloppy seconds.
  • ...The National, Arcade Fire, Brand New, LCD Soundsystem...

They have confirmed at least one platform-new artist this month. It won't all be sloppy seconds.

Arcade Fire Rock Band confirmed. :D
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 5

Brand New might be a tough sell for DLC these days...we did get some Nugent though. But I think Jesse Lacey may be worse?!

But hey, sign me up for as much The National and Arcade Fire as they're willing to give me!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

Brand New might be a tough sell for DLC these days...we did get some Nugent though. But I think Jesse Lacey may be worse?!

But hey, sign me up for as much The National and Arcade Fire as they're willing to give me!
    Arcade Fire seems like they'd be interested, what with that weird bit they were doing about releasing an Arcade Fire Rock Band game.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    An Arcade Fire Rock Band game?

Noooooo... there has to be a BR:RB (Bad Religion Rock Band) title!

C'mon, even Rocksmith got a BR pack :(

As for this weeks DLC... I wouldn't consider any of these chart hits of the year. Whilst I like Foo Fighters, Stone Sour and QOTSA, all 3 songs in this pack just don't seem to sound like them at all, or seem like very weak songs from the bands.

I too was expecting a bit of pop/something different for the 10s decade.

It's cool. I know Harmonix can't please everyone. I'm hoping there'll be something more geared towards my tastes in 2018.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited December 5
    More Foo Fighters, not Big Me. Boo. I already bought a just ok Foo Fighters song that I never play and can't even tell the difference from the one that's on disc for RB4.

That Queens of the Stone Age song looks like a fun chart, especially on bass but I don't like the song. You picked the wrong hit of the summer there.

I don't even remember what Stone Sour's good song is so can't complain about that one I guess...yeah...there it is...Bother. Why didn't you Bother with Bother?! 4 Stone Sour songs, no Bother. No Bothers given. HMX confirmed as Winnie the Pooh.

Good news is when I put in 'Run' to listen to the whole song it also brought up Time is Running Out and also Runaround by Van Halen, good things coming!
  • Time is Running Out is a Papa Roach (?) song we've long had.
  • Time is Running Out is a Papa Roach (?) song we've long had.

They may be talking about the band that has become a RB meme.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Foo Fighters have at least 7 songs that I love, but seeing them live I was convinced that they are also the world's best bar cover band. In the top 20: Hootie and the Blowfish
  • More Foo Fighters, not Big Me. Boo. I already bought a just ok Foo Fighters song that I never play and can't even tell the difference from the one that's on disc for RB4.

That Queens of the Stone Age song looks like a fun chart, especially on bass but I don't like the song. You picked the wrong hit of the summer there.

I don't even remember what Stone Sour's good song is so can't complain about that one I guess...yeah...there it is...Bother. Why didn't you Bother with Bother?! 4 Stone Sour songs, no Bother. No Bothers given. HMX confirmed as Winnie the Pooh.

Good news is when I put in 'Run' to listen to the whole song it also brought up Time is Running Out and also Runaround by Van Halen, good things coming!

More Van Halen? I approve.
  • Well this makes up nicely for the 00's stuff.
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

THREE new songs?! Look at this embarrassment of riches!

Somehow that Stone Sour songs sounds more like a Foo Fighters song than the actual Foo Fighters song we're getting.

I'll probably grab QotSA. That song's great.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't much care for stone sour as a band, but upon hearing this song I might get it. After all, it truly does sound like Foo Fighters, and I quite like the Foo Fighters!
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act
    edited December 5
    So... we have "Song 2" by Blur (from LEGO Rock Band export only).
    Now we're getting "Song #3" by Stone Sour.

Now we just need someone to record a song and title it "Song 1" for inclusion in Rock Band.

:D :D :D
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 5
    tdc002 said:

TheStuddz said:

Arcade Fire seems like they'd be interested, what with that weird bit they were doing about releasing an Arcade Fire Rock Band game.
    The whole marketing campaign for their new album was playing on the idea of commercialization and selling out. Makes me think that they see games like Rock Band as a major sell-out move, unfortunately. I'd love to have so much of their stuff, so hopefully their opinions change (opinions on the game OR their opinions on selling out, their pick).
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

So... we have "Song 2" by Blur (from LEGO Rock Band export only).
    Now we're getting "Song #3" by Stone Sour.

Now we just need someone to record a song and title it "Song 1" for inclusion in Rock Band.

:D :D :D

I will get right on it with my band Shalestorm. We are hoping to tour with Halestorm and Alestorm.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited December 5
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Number_1

It's a real-life thing, guys.

Serebro is their name.

That, or Fugazi. They also have a song called Song #1.