December 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: "Season's" Greetings

Comments

• KidSleez said:

Can you guys please stop getting my hopes up for Skid Row?

Can anyone think of another artist who fits the "poorest of places" hint?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    People have latched on to it being the only possible answer. Surely that's not actually true. But, yeah, until another good suggestion comes along, we settle for this one, and there will be shock and frustration when it turns out not to be the answer. BUT YOU PROMISED!

(they did no such thing)
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

KidSleez said:

Rocksmith did just get a Skid Row pack this year so...
  • edited December 5

KidSleez said:

I think Kongos fits into this catagory, because most countries of Africa are pretty poor, and one of the top 10 poorest countries in the world is Democratic Republic of Congo.

Plus, Come With Me Now has been in Guitar Hero Live. It has yet to be in Rock Band or Rocksmith.
  • Kongos are actually from South Africa; but it's not TOO big a stretch.

Come With Me Now would be neat because it could have some accordion and slide guitar in the guitar chart.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 5
    Hmm, maybe Come With Me Now replacing The Final Countdown in the NYE week creating Off the Charts 06 and Suffragette City replacing 18 and Life in the Mixed decades week making instead Solid '70s 03 (the challenge would still be everything eligible and the spotlight pass song being Come Sail Away)?
  • KidSleez said:

Rocksmith did just get a Skid Row pack this year so...
    Does that actually make it possible (technically-speaking) for RB though? I thought the requirements for audio files and such differed between RS and RB. I'd surely take some Skid Row in RB. I just don't wanna be disappointed when we don't get it.

Also, I have the RS pack but am worse at real guitar vs. RB guitar. Who knew!
  • Yeah, I still think the hurricane destroyed our chances for Skid Row DLC but couldn't think of a different answer to the hint. Now we have one, I'm convinced it's not Skid Row.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 5

KidSleez said:

It's not a physical location, but "Dire Straits" is an awfully poor situation. If you're in dire straits, you're in a poor place.

I'm still not clear on whether it's been definitely stated that they don't even have any Skid Row live recordings that might be usable. We know their original studio masters were lost, but we've got live versions of songs for which original masters were unavailable before (see Dream On, Good Vibrations, the live Def Leppard and Thin Lizzy tracks).

Do we not believe a single stem-separated live recording could exist? Stuff from the "Subhuman Beings On Tour" recordings? Stuff from the Astoria show they put a track from on their greatest hits album?
  • KidSleez said:

It's not a physical location, but "Dire Straits" is an awfully poor situation. If you're in dire straits, you're in a poor place.

I'm still not clear on whether it's been definitely stated that they don't even have any Skid Row live recordings that might be usable. We know their original studio masters were lost, but we've got live versions of songs for which original masters were unavailable before (see Dream On, Good Vibrations, the live Def Leppard and Thin Lizzy tracks).

Do we not believe a single stem-separated live recording could exist? Stuff from the "Subhuman Beings On Tour" recordings? Stuff from the Astoria show they put a track from on their greatest hits album?
    I thought Sebastian Bach did say he had masters of live recordings, but I could be remembering wrong.
    A *Canadian* nickel, no less. That's our least valuable coin! Worth even less than a US nickel!

A fine redditor called attention to Loopy's use of the word "swung" to link up "Sultans of Swing". Breathing new ... life, isn't the word, imitation of life? ... into the "Poorest of places = dire straits" theory.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Well crap....

Kongos?
    Skid Row?!
    F'n Dire Straits?!?!

You guys are going to give me a heart attack. :/
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited December 5
    We don't get Money For Nothing and DLC for free...in this case.

That ain't workin'

A Dire Straits pack would be just...splendid
  • That would be really cool, a 70s pack with Rocket Man, Come Sail Away and Sultans of Swing.
  • KidSleez said:

Oh geesh. Those better be good live recording though. The couple of videos I've seen of Skid Row live he didn't sound great...A good comparison is that awful Dream On we got..
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 5
    Who's to say whose
    sny said:

Dire Straits. If you add the hint LoopyChew dropped on Reddit, it's an even bigger contender.

Sultans of Swing would be an awesome Christmas present.

Wait, I'm giving out hints? On Reddit? Without telling you guys?
    Don't you just hate when
    LoopyChew said:

Who's to say whose

sny said:

Dire Straits. If you add the hint LoopyChew dropped on Reddit, it's an even bigger contender.

Wait, I'm giving out hints? On Reddit? Without telling you guys?
    I love it when saved bits of past abandoned messages unexpectedly preface your replies. :)
  • I thought of an interesting song, it contains the following parts:
    - Drums of Dream Genie
    - Bass of Twilight of the Thunder God
    - Guitar of Visions
    - Vocals of Red Lottery
  • edited December 6

I thought of an interesting song, it contains the following parts:
    - Drums of Dream Genie
    - Guitar of Visions
    - Vocals of Red Lottery

That's like Anaal Nathrakh or Agoraphobic Nosebleed.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 6
    sny said:

Swung seems way too direct a line. It was in reply to a post about Girls and Boys, and said:

"I suppose if they were the right boys, but so far none of them have swung--oh."

So Beach Boys also seems a bit too direct, but perhaps it does relate to a male artist who was on disc (perhaps particularly RB3, or perhaps not) who's never had dlc.

Elvis has songs based off of swing music and has never had dlc, but he isn't "boys" in the plural sense (then again if boys is just used to direct to artist on disc with no dlc (Beach Boys), the plurality may not matter). Also the "-oh" part is interesting.

But then again the whole thing may not be a clue.
  • Run has got me thinking about Everlong. We know it's coming at some point if you assume all RBVR songs are coming to RB4 but Run has come before rather than after or at the same time. But in what form, a standalone single or maybe a pack like:
    Big Me
    Everlong (rewind)
    The Sky is a Neighborhood
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

- Drums of Dream Genie
    - Guitar of Visions
    - Vocals of Red Lottery

God I would love this
  • hiimSMAP said:

- Drums of Dream Genie
    - Guitar of Visions
    - Vocals of Red Lottery

God I would love this

• XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    We need more Rihanna
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

KidSleez said:

we've been getting plenty of no-stem/DIY-stem songs lately. so the lack of recordings with separated stems shouldn't be an impediment any more.