DLC Discussion Thread: Don't Tip the Charts Over

Comments

• Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    i don't hate any of these, but I'm also not a huge fan - the are all decent. these will be wishlisted to get when I have a number of weeks with nothing, and some extra cash.
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Number_1

It's a real-life thing, guys.

Serebro is their name.

It actually isn't bad. Just checked out the music video on YouTube.

English version:

Russian version:
  • So... we have "Song 2" by Blur (from LEGO Rock Band export only).
    Now we're getting "Song #3" by Stone Sour.

Now we just need someone to record a song and title it "Song 1" for inclusion in Rock Band.

:D :D :D

We've got One by U2
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Permission to suggest a thread title of "We ALL Just Made The List" should we get Fozzy?

Honestly, I heard the new Fozzy song on the radio recently and it wasn't terrible.
  • tdc002 said:

Permission to suggest a thread title of "We ALL Just Made The List" should we get Fozzy?

Honestly, I heard the new Fozzy song on the radio recently and it wasn't terrible.
    That's good, because you know what happens when you don't like Fozzy?
  • So... we have "Song 2" by Blur (from LEGO Rock Band export only).

Now we just need someone to record a song and title it "Song 1" for inclusion in Rock Band.

We've got One by U2
    I just wish we also had One by...

Nope. Not gonna say it.
    Darkness. Imprisoning me.
  • coolkat said:

So... we have "Song 2" by Blur (from LEGO Rock Band export only).

We've got One by U2

Nope. Not gonna say it.
    All I see
    Absolute horror
  • Happy queens is the spotlight. Only one of the 3 I'd for sure be buying Thursday. Foo sounds like it'll be fun. Stone sour as usual sounds like a slightly edgier American nickleback.
  • Run and The Way You Used to Do are exactly the two modern rock songs I was hoping we'd get for this decade, so I'm more than excited for this week.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    I just hope we get more of these packs or singles. I don't mind newer music as song as they're fun and rock oriented.
  • Stone sour as usual sounds like a slightly edgier American nickleback.

The head singer of Stone Sour also plays with Slipknot, how does that work? Musically they are very different (based on the handful of hits I have from each artist). I never made the comparison to Nickelback, but this guy has range.
  • Loving this week. Not well-versed in current music but songs by these bands are usually fun to play in RB and I'm just glad it's not recent pop stuff. Although that's probably coming later as well.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    In for all 3. Nice to have a pack that doesn’t include a rewind track for a change. Thumbs up HMX.
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act

We've got One by U2

Three Dog Night!
    "Joy to the World"
  • That Queens of the Stone Age song looks like a fun chart, especially on bass but I don't like the song. You picked the wrong hit of the summer there.

Alright everyone! Time to organize. Everyone else gets QotSA! RS here gets "Despacito"! We can DO this!
    Nooo, everyone else gets The Way You Used to Do and RS gets...

(I haven't even heard Despacito so maybe it's not all that bad.)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    coolkat said:

We've got One by U2

Nope. Not gonna say it.
    DARKNESS.

NO PARENTS.

CONTINUED DARKNESS.

THE OPPOSITE OF LIGHT.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 6
    I've never heard of Stone Sour, they are new to Rock Band, right?

*does research*

From January 2011:

Hey gang,

Next week's DLC will be a 3 pack from Stone Sour. You may know them as a side project for several members of Slipknot, but they've also been nominated for three Grammys. Should be a nice addition for folks looking for metal as well as those looking for more tracks from the 2000's. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Jan. 18):

“Made of Scars”
    “Say You’ll Haunt Me” X
    “Through Glass”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Jan. 19)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Stone Sour Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.
    Pro Guitar! I remember that!
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 6
    Through Glass and Bother were pretty big songs for them.

Another fun fact:
    Stone Sour actually predates Slipknot. Everyone always refers to Stone Sour as that band with the Slipknot lead singer, but Slipknot is that band with the Stone Sour lead singer!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 6

We've got One by U2
    The Beatles

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    tnevaker said:

We've got One by U2
    The Beatles

I pretend that doesn't exist.
  • I like all 3 bands but none of those particular songs...
  • KidSleez said:

Hmm, I thought I'd be the only one who didn't know any of these songs, but seems like there's quite a few who don't. I'll definitely check them out and hope I like them.

Really dig the fact that we're getting a pack and all 2017 tunes!

3) Run - It has cool "parts" but, seems IDK, unfocused (?) to me.. Somehow I've accumulated a ton of Foo Fighters songs in this game even though I only kinda-sorta like most of them.
    Yeah, Foo Fighters have a moderate amount of songs I love, like Everlong and The Pretender, but like 70% of their material is World’s Okayest Band Writes World’s Okayest Song.
    This.

Everlong is fantastic, and I genuinely WANT Big Me to show up.. Otherwise - a bunch of kinda decent songs.. And somehow I've bought most of them in this game..
  • Not happy with any of these songs.

HOWEVEERRRRRRRRRR.
    Absolutely love that we have a brand new pack, with brand new songs.

Hope this is a return to form.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I think that the first 2 Foo Fighters albums are pretty great all the way through, but the rest of their career is pretty underwhelming to me, except for a few songs off of Wasting Light
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Very excited for this pack! My birthday is Friday, so this makes for a good early birthday gift :smiley: I've wanted The Way You Used To Do in Rock Band ever since I heard it. Run is a good add, too. I never heard the other song before, and I don't like the sound of it in the preview, but I might buy the pack anyway just for the sake of maybe getting more packs. Good work, Harmonix :smile: