NFL / College Football Seasons

Comments

• More turrible officiating in yet another Seahawks game. Between that and their atrocious running game and their Secondaires not looking bad thanks to bad injuries this team has to play flawless football while Russell Wilson is doing his best Aaron Rodgers impression to win. Also they can't afford to get cute and make idiotic 2 minute drill blunders like in that loss to Atlanta. The margin of error for them to even make the playoffs is at zero (or maybe sub-zero at this point).

By the way, I still hate Matt Ryan and his modern day Phil Simms styled game but maybe because he possesses a goofy face that makes me hate him.
  • Also, Turkey day games coming up this week. That Minnesota-Detroit Game looks good. The other two on paper look like one sided games but then again the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles could make the game against Dallas interesting.
  • Alabama losing to Auburn certainly makes the BCS "Playoff" selection crazier.

It just means we're all going to get **** with 2 or 3 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff.
  • I'm still in shock the cardinals beat the jaguars on sunday. still don't think they'll make the playoffs but at least they have heart.
  • Wanna talk about shock? How about the Chargers, of all teams, rolling some fools the last two weeks.

• Wanna talk about shock? How about the Chargers, of all teams, rolling some fools the last two weeks.

hey, if rivers played for the cardinals with the talent they have, he would have 3 rings by now.

hey, if rivers played for the cardinals with the talent they have, he would have 3 rings by now.
    That would be a scary good offense, especially when David Johnson is healthy. It would be the first offense so good that it gets a name for that unit since the "Greatest Show On Turf" Rams offense.

It just means we're all going to get **** with 2 or 3 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff.
    If Wisconsin is undefeated and left off, not to mention the ACC champ or Oklahoma getting left off for 3 SEC teams in this year's playoff, the selection committee will have some explaining to do (just like before when this committee would select just the championship game).
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    edited December 2017
    well it was nice to see ohio state beat Wisconsin yesterday, but now my cardinals are done for the season losing to the rams again.

I think they might end the season 7-9
  • The NFL is dead to me, and now the stupid idiots of the CFP selection committee have ruined my favorite time of year: the college football bowl season. Not only did they eff-over OSU by picking a completely undeserving Bama team with no signature wins, they did the double screw-over to OSU by not even putting them in New Year's Day bowl game. And they effed-over my Trojans yet again by leaving them out of New Year's Day, too.

I guess I'll go ahead and watch all the minor bowl games for three weeks so I'm burnt out on bowl games by the time the playoff games come around and just skip watching them. New Year's Day is a good day to get out and do stuff anyway because people are hung-over or watching poorly matched-up football games.
  • I would love to see the people who make the preseason polls replaced or at the very least make a top 25 that requires them to omit putting any SEC teams in it for a year. Maybe then we wouldn't have any Alabama teams that don't even make it to their conference championship games making it to the "BCS Playoff".

Seriously, Alabama has a worse resume than Wisconsin does and the Badgers at least made it to their championship game before losing to a ranked opponent. I'm not saying they deserve to be there (Ohio State or the undefeated UCF team should be there or USC or maybe Miami even if one wants 2 teams from the same conference).
  • With the news of Aaron Rodgers being back from his injury, barring re-injury I think the Packers will be one of the 2 NFC wildcard teams with the other one being the NFC South team that has the better record of the non-division winner. If Rodgers has a set back or if the team has massive issues with players not named Aaron Rodgers then the NFC playoff picture is pretty much set. Dallas would need several miracles to win out, Detroit would need several miracles and an Aaron Rodgers injury to have a small chance and Seattle is losing out the rest of the season after that pitiful performance in what was a must win game to keep them in the playoff hunt (They'd probably lose out even if they won last Sunday).

As for the AFC playoff picture, I hope the Buffalo Bills make it in the playoffs for the first time this century but that is a tall order.
    edited December 2017
    Aaron Rodgers better be careful, tony romo tried coming back from this in less than a full season and ended up re-breaking it. if the packers O-line doesn't step up for him he could be in for more pain.
  • That is true and on top of that this happened to Romo behind the Cowboys o-line that was at the time the best o-line in football. Rodgers may have to do his best Russell Wilson impression if the Packers o-line is still gimpy like it was at times earlier this year.
  • With this recentish news, Malik McDowell is the most horrible human being in a Seahawks uniform since Jeremy Stevens, if he didn't get into a potentially career ending injury due to an ATV accident before training camp.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited December 2017
    Looks like I was wrong about that Packers being a wild card team with the return of Aaron Rodgers prediction as Green Bay lost to the team that could be sold to an ownership group of Puff Daddy, Steph Curry, and Colin Kapernick. Either way it looks like NFC will be the division champs of each division and 2 NFC South Wild Card teams unless one of Atlanta, New Orleans, or Carolina stumbles and Detroit or Dallas win out. Also, Green Bay shuts down Rodgers for the season after that loss.

Also, if the Seahawks aren't a dumpster fire enough the last quarter of the season, the recent twitter battle between teammates Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner made things even worse and childish. With these childish antics going on on top of a team that has no fight left in them (and gave up on the year after the refs let pass interference happen on Seattle's last offensive drive vs. Jacksonville and threw a tantrum about it), that is a team that needs to fire both offensive and defensive coordinators, as well as their o-line coach. They need some new blood coordinating the players there since they traded picks to "win now" (though their winning is more like Charlie Sheen's at this point).
  • the cardinals shut out the giants 23-0, they have the seahawks next week. if the cards win bruce arians will be their winningest coach ever at 50 wins. (shows how great of a history that team has, theyre the oldest football team and still haven't had a coach get 50 wins lol)
    edited December 2017
    I wonder who is 2nd place on the Cardinals wins leader for coaches list; Ken Whisenhunt? Dennis Green? Don Coryell? Either way I'll be pulling for Arians to get win 50 with AZ on week 1 next year. ;)

Also, Seattle had more penalty yards against them then they had total yards and still won the game. Not sure which part is more surprising that this happened to the Seahawks or that this didn't happen much sooner to the Seahawks?
  • ken wisenhunt and bruce arians are tied at 49.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

... Also, Seattle had more penalty yards against them then they had total yards and still won the game. Not sure which part is more surprising that this happened to the Seahawks or that this didn't happen much sooner to the Seahawks?

Well said!

that was a shocking stat when I heard it but I also muttered aloud "of course they did"

at least they poked Dallas in the face another time and ruined their playoff bid (although Dallas really did not play that great)
    edited December 2017
    Seeing the Seahawks ruin Dallas' postseason dreams is always fun and has been ever since Tony Romo's career defining play.

Also, glad to see the Badgers win the Orange Bowls though not as happy to see "Jerry Sandusky University" beat Washington in the Fiesta Bowl.
    edited January 3
    well it took more than 100 years, but the cardinals finally have a 50 win coach.

update: arians just retired. the search for a new coach begins.
    update2: carson palmer just retired today. guess that means fitz is next and next year is a rebuild year.
    stupid Cardinals.
  • With the Seahawks out of the playoffs thanks to them losing to the Falcons weeks ago being the difference, I'm hoping the Bills with their first playoff appearance this century make things interesting. Admittedly, they'll probably get beat by Jacksonville during the wild card game but since my team is out of it I'd rather see a long suffering team get their due (though one could also say that about Jacksonville and their first playoff trip in a decade).
    when the cardinals don't make the playoffs (which is quite often) I tend to root for whoever is in the nfc west. so go rams!.
    welp, nobody that I wanted to win over WildCard weekend was actually successful (though I am glad Carolina lost because I think Cam Newton is a tool) so .....

IF THE EAGLES lose to the Falcons next weekend (and only then) I guess I'll bandwagon with Joel McHale and root for them since they look good and played hard and I think they deserve another shot at Brady and the Pats.

As long as Nick Foles shows up and the Eagles' defense sticks it to Matt Ryan (who looks 40 even though he's 33 or something) they should make it to the next round which does not look good because Minnesota and New Orleans are TOUGH teams.

but whatevs, my 'Hawks are done, so I'm only rooting for the Falcons if the Eagles lose. I'm still a little bitter about the 2012-2013 divisional loss to the Falcons
    I'm going with the jaguars because Calais Campbell
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Fly, Eagles, Fly!
    that Vikings/Saints game, though .... holy smokes, what a ride.