Should there be a Rock Band Blitz 2?

Comments

• Haven't voted but basically...

If it exports fully to RB4, why not.

Otherwise, I don't care because I only bought the original on sale to get the songs for rb3.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Yes
    I'd love a RBB2 but I don't see it happening any time soon. It would've been nice to have been able to play RB3 songs too. I really wanted to see what Free Bird looked like in Blitz.
  • Yes
    I would also love to see Blitz as an expansion to RB4. I would buy that instantly or even be willing to kickstart it :wink:

I think it would improve RB4 a lot ("new" features to the game) where it gives people a second way to play the game. There could even be a week during Rivals challenge where to play only by blitz mode (which would be fun according to me)
  • No
    "Rock Band Blitz 2" should be free mode for Rock Band 4 or an expansion just like Rivals.
  • Yes
    the survey they put out mentioned a "controller capable add on" I assume it was fishing for a Blitz mode...
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    No

the survey they put out mentioned a "controller capable add on" I assume it was fishing for a Blitz mode...

I rated that option last.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Yes
    It's interesting to me that even a lot of the people who vote "No" elaborate that they just don't want a separate game, but would like/be okay with Blitz as an RB4 expansion. It may be getting lost in semantics, but the percentage of people who would support a Blitz mode in RB4 may be even higher than the poll indicates.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 10
    No
    TheStuddz said:

It's interesting to me that even a lot of the people who vote "No" elaborate that they just don't want a separate game, but would like/be okay with Blitz as an RB4 expansion. It may be getting lost in semantics, but the percentage of people who would support a Blitz mode in RB4 may be even higher than the poll indicates.

I'd support it if it came with new tracks and trophies (if it cost that is).
    If it was free I'd only play it a couple times (unless more achievements/trophies were added). I'm sure new missions would be added for it too.
    I'd prefer it be standalone though but I could really see it patched into the game.

I as well voted it as my lowest interest because it's the truth. (on the survey)

• Yes
    I would also accept the original Rock Band Blitz again.

Sometimes you've had a long day, picking up an instrument or warming up your voice seems like a hassle... and you just wanna button-tap some. It was a good time.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    Blitz as an Expansion? Yes!!!!!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    No
    It's not that I hate Blitz or even anything remotely close to that. I want HMX to focus on tightening up the song selection and filtering and menu selection for local full-band play, and to enable more than one instrument per console for online play first.

And to smash that stupid and easily fixable bug where you see the previous song's score at the stats screen when you play a setlist. How long has that been an issue? How many updates have come and gone without addressing that?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    No

It's not that I hate Blitz or even anything remotely close to that. I want HMX to focus on tightening up the song selection and filtering and menu selection for local full-band play, and to enable more than one instrument per console for online play first.

And to smash that stupid and easily fixable bug where you see the previous song's score at the stats screen when you play a setlist. How long has that been an issue? How many updates have come and gone without addressing that?

I'm in the same camp. There are more important things to fix/add to the core Rock Band 4 game first before an all new Blitz mode add on.
  • I think the core RB4 and Rivals stuff would be fixed before a Blitz expansion existed anyway, new expansion generally means the last expansion isn't supported anymore which explains why there was no 2nd expansion last fall/holiday.
  • Yes
    Give me Unplugged 2.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Yes
    It would be awesome in time, but I feel the core game needs fixing first. There's still a lot of issues, and features missing which I feel are higher up the priority list.

Also songs without proper stems won't sound very good on blitz, as the instrument track you are playing is amplified.
  • fester420fester420 Unsigned
    Yes
    It seems like over 80% of all Rock Band player support this idea, I hope Harmonix can make it happen at some point.
  • fester420fester420 Unsigned
    Yes

fester420 said:

It seems like over 80% of all Rock Band player support this idea, I hope Harmonix can make it happen at some point.

What a terrible extrapolation of limited data!
    Lol, just trying to keep the conversation in everyone’s minds.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Yes
    Announcing "Blitz 2" would be the same thing as announcing, "we don't have anyone to manufacture instruments any more".

Which might be true?
    Or maybe there are just choosing to not make any more instruments, at this moment, but are totally prepared to do so at any time (like if another paid expansion were to be released)

Conclusion: announcing "Blitz 2" wouldn't lead to a panic about instrument availability, so that shouldn't stop them from doing it. I don't expect it to be announced, not anytime soon, maybe not ever, but I'm not going to say it's impossible or that it would be a bad business move.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Yes

Announcing "Blitz 2" would be the same thing as announcing, "we don't have anyone to manufacture instruments any more".

Which might be true?.

It might be, yes.

https://reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/85vuna/statement_from_pdp_customer_support_unfortunately/

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

fester420 said:

What a terrible extrapolation of limited data!
    4 out of 5 Spin Doctors agree!
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    No
    Voted No as that game was simply a glorified track pack purchase for me. The game mode didn't interest/do much for me.

It they wanted to release it as a separate game in the hopes of drawing in new blood, sure I guess. I'd rather they spent that time and resources making RB4 better, but I wouldn't fault their decision if they needed to do so.

But just to add it to RB4 (at this point) when there is still much to do and things they could add other then BM in the game, would just seem like a huge waste of time and/or opportunity to make the core game better.

Down the line (read: many years from now) after any number of improvements to RB4 AND with no hope of seeing any new instruments being made or found in the wild, then I would happily be on board with a Blitz gamemode addon or new game being brought to market as that would be a way to extend the life of the game ad infinium.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Yes
    Zenzuki said:

Voted No as that game was simply a glorified track pack purchase for me. The game mode didn't interest/do much for me.

It they wanted to release it as a separate game in the hopes of drawing in new blood, sure I guess. I'd rather they spent that time and resources making RB4 better, but I wouldn't fault their decision if they needed to do so.

But just to add it to RB4 (at this point) when there is still much to do and things they could add other then BM in the game, would just seem like a huge waste of time and/or opportunity to make the core game better.

I think most decisions these days will come down to money. Continued development needs to be funded, and that funding has to come from somewhere. Would improvements to the core game lead to any more game or DLC sales?
    Zenzuki said:

Down the line (read: many years from now) after any number of improvements to RB4 AND with no hope of seeing any new instruments being made or found in the wild, then I would happily be on board with a Blitz gamemode addon or new game being brought to market as that would be a way to extend the life of the game ad infinium.

"Down the line" might actually be coming up sooner than we'd expect though: especially if PDP is out at this point and hardware dries up. (Obviously that's to be taken with a grain of salt until a more formal statement is made.)

Unless they really lean even more in to Rivals mode, they're going to need something to try and hook the existing base into more DLC purchases, be it Blitz (as the topic at hand) or some other mode.
  • Yes
    How do we vote more than once?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited March 30
    Yes
    How do we vote on here anyways? Okay, it seems it automatically picks it up. I was expecting a radio button or check box. Oh well... I learned something new!

My vote is Yes. If there were a RB Blitz 2, there'd be a substantial soundtrack with it, which would mean way more songs for Rock Band 4, it's win-win!
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited April 2
    Yes

"Rock Band Blitz 2" should be free mode for Rock Band 4 or an expansion just like Rivals.

I like this idea. It would be a nifty way to keep the experience in a single game while enabling the use of a controller. However, as a stand-alone game, it should include a decent grouping of songs new to RB. Thus, players with Rivals could choose to essentially buy the DLC or download RBB2 for free.