Bohemian Rhapsody... Mystery???

3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
edited January 16 in Less Rokk More Talk
For weeks my mother has been harping on about a version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" she heard on the radio one day while at work. I couldn't get many details out of her, except for that there is a sound effect of a gun shot at the "Mama, just killed a man / Put a gun against his head / Pulled my trigger, now he's dead" part.

I have never heard of a version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" with a gun shot and/or other sound effects in it, so I didn't believe her. Determined to prove me wrong, my mother set out to find this track herself. However, she is not well versed in the art of the Google, so she passed on investigation to me. Unfortunately, my search was also fruitless.

So now we have an "I was abducted by aliens"-esque situation. My mom is adamant that this version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" exists even though there doesn't seem to be any tangible evidence to prove her cockamamie ramblings.

If anybody has any information pertaining this mysterious Queen track, or if you have heard it yourself, please post it. This could determine whether my mother is crazy or not, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Maybe the polka version by Weird Al?
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    I asked her if it was Weird Al's version, but she said no. However, I was able to obtain some more information from her. Apparently she heard it on a classic rock station and described the song as, in her words, "a normal Queen song".
  • I mean, the radio station could just press a soundboard button.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    “You know what this song needs Nikki Sixx, a gunshot, somethin’ to really show to our fans who don’t understandstand subtlety because they spent years listening to Motley Crue.”

“Great point Spank Monkey, I’ll add it in after this speedball”
    HMXOwl said:

I mean, the radio station could just press a soundboard button.

That's probably it. Heck, the DJ may have even mentioned it, but my mother didn't pay attention to it. Either way, DJs should be ashamed for adding sound effects to songs and making their less than bright listeners think a different version exists. Thanks, Owl.

Hopefully this will get her to stop her arguing.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Pretty sure this version has gunshots in it:

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

HMXOwl said:

I mean, the radio station could just press a soundboard button.

That's probably it. Heck, the DJ may have even mentioned it, but my mother didn't pay attention to it. Either way, DJs should be ashamed for adding sound effects to songs and making their less than bright listeners think a different version exists. Thanks, Owl.

Hopefully this will get her to stop her arguing.
    I remember there being a mix of Lightning Crashes with recordings of newscasters reporting the Oklahoma City bombing that'd play on Z100 shortly afterward, so it wouldn't be the first time this happened.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 17
    Yeah, those novelty terror event cash grabs are really off putting. I was in the grocery store a couple months back and they started playing "There has been a terror attack on American soil!" I jumped before realizing it was the intro to a country song playing archival soundbites from 9/11 for which I shall not name, because that's f***ing blood money.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    Another possibility is that the song is so evocative that she clearly "heard" the gunshot in her mind, and later remembered it as actually being part of the song.
    No offense to my mother, but I don't think she has the imagination for something like this. She constantly calls Dasani water Danzenberry water, even when she is staring right at a bottle of Dasani water.

On second thought, if she can conjure all those superfluous letters in her mind and add two extra syllables to a word, perhaps this is a valid theory. Hmmm...