What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Also, Went through the entire series of Sense8. Man that was an addicting show with good compelling characters and could be the best thing the Wachowski's ever made.

Sense8 may be my favorite thing Netflix has produced, and I like a lot of their original content. (That they they license simulcasts of some of my favorite shows abroad also helps. People keep on ragging on Netflix Switzerland for their meager movie selection, but their TV library is fairly deep, particularly since we don't get any other streaming services except for a variation on Amazon Prime.)
  • Finally got through the first two seasons of Atlanta and Insecure. Great shows, not sure they're really sitcoms (I think Atlanta is moreso than Insecure) but I was pretty mesmerized by them.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    edited March 28
    its nice to see Rosanne on tv again. currently watching the new season and its just as funny and real as I remember
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I've been watching the unsolved murders of Biggie and Tupac mini-series with my wife. It's okay.
    This week's Legends of Tomorrow may be the most meta this show's ever meta'd, and I don't know whom to thank for this glorious mess. These last two seasons do a fantastic job making up for the slog that was the first season.
    LoopyChew said:

This week's Legends of Tomorrow may be the most meta this show's ever meta'd, and I don't know whom to thank for this glorious mess. These last two seasons do a fantastic job making up for the slog that was the first season.

I stopped watching this after the first season. its so hard to properly pull off time travel with the paradigm problems it presents

LoopyChew said:

I stopped watching this after the first season. its so hard to properly pull off time travel with the paradigm problems it presents

You were right to stop watching the first season; start from the second, where it improves by leaps and bounds. Essentially, the writers' room comes to realize that these people are time idiots that happen to, against all odds, occasionally save the day. I mean, here's a sampling of things that have happened this season:
    • Beat Julius Caesar using Tinder (okay, a Tinder-like app)
    • Had to deal with a bunch of Vikings who believed Tickle Me Elmo (okay, it was a Tickle Me Elmo ripoff, but still) was their god
    • Saved Memphis from Elvis' haunted guitar
    • Prevented Helen of Troy from turning a Hollywood Studio rivalry into an all-out war
    • This week, [spoiler removed for the most ridiculous thing in the history of ridiculousness ever, but let's just say there's a reason the episode is titled "Guest Starring John Noble"]
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I was concerned that Santa Clarita Diet would be a one-season wonder, a good idea without the legs to carry on as a series.

I was so wrong. Season 2 was even better (or, at the very least, funnier) than the first.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    i couldn't get through the first season of santa clarita.
    LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

You were right to stop watching the first season; start from the second, where it improves by leaps and bounds. Essentially, the writers' room comes to realize that these people are time idiots that happen to, against all odds, occasionally save the day. I mean, here's a sampling of things that have happened this season:
    • Beat Julius Caesar using Tinder (okay, a Tinder-like app)
    • Had to deal with a bunch of Vikings who believed Tickle Me Elmo (okay, it was a Tickle Me Elmo ripoff, but still) was their god
    • Saved Memphis from Elvis' haunted guitar
    • Prevented Helen of Troy from turning a Hollywood Studio rivalry into an all-out war
    • This week, [spoiler removed for the most ridiculous thing in the history of ridiculousness ever, but let's just say there's a reason the episode is titled "Guest Starring John Noble"]
    AV Club has a For Your Consideration article talking about LoT.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I mean, last year, George Lucas was in possesion of the reality warping spear that killed Jesus Christ

I mean, last year, George Lucas was in possesion of the reality warping spear that killed Jesus Christ

is this real or just an entertainment thing? last thing I read was that spear was lost after Hitler got it from a place in warsaw.

is this real or just an entertainment thing? last thing I read was that spear was lost after Hitler got it from a place in warsaw.
    The spear was the Macguffin of Season 2 of LoT. "Reality-warping" should have been your tipoff about the "real or not" question.
    LoopyChew said:

The spear was the Macguffin of Season 2 of LoT. "Reality-warping" should have been your tipoff about the "real or not" question.
    well the reason i asked, many archeologists have speculated the real spear of destiny could warp reality in some ways (like causing people to walk on water). granted it is only speculation until they can find it.

LoopyChew said:

well the reason i asked, many archeologists have speculated the real spear of destiny could warp reality in some ways (like causing people to walk on water). granted it is only speculation until they can find it.

Well, George Lucas doesn't have it. :p

Also, the ending to LoT S3 solidifies it as the best of the Arrowverse shows (Black Lightning not being part of that for now). Because reasons (mostly: it is hilarious and I really, really don't want to spoil the final battle, but I needed an a** to replace the one that fell off while I was laughing).
    so happy rick and morty got renewed for another 5 or 6 seasons. just hope they calm down on some of the language in the next season.