DLC Wishlist for Concept Rivals Season

Having rediscovered my RB Forums account...

(wow I made this almost eight years ago?! - back then we were still looking forward to the release of RB3!)

... a lot has changed since then, and we find ourselves grinding away for rivals challenges. It's these challenges that seem to dictate the DLC we've been getting so I thought I would structure my wishlist around some ideas for challenge themes.

Looking forward to seeing what you think of my picks, and if you could choose a theme for a week what (up to 5) songs would you use to promote the theme?

Week One: Let's Do It Alt Over Again
The recent Alternative/Indie Rock week was awesome!
Please rinse and repeat that one, setlist includes ALTERNATIVE and INDIE ROCK songs.
  • Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
  • Blood in the Cut - K.Flay
  • Cool Kids - Echosmith
  • Loser - Beck
  • 19/2000 - Gorillaz
Week Two: Modern Foreign Languages Class
Setlist includes all songs that are not sung in English.
  • Nunca Me Acuerdo di Olividarte - Shakira
  • Despacito - Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee
  • Lever l'Ancre - Alfa Rococo
  • 99 Luftballons - Nena
  • Gangnam Style - PSY
Week Three: Electronic 80's
Setlist includes all songs from the POP/DANCE/ELECTRONIC genre that were released from 1980-89.
  • Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
  • Quiet Life - Japan
  • Living on the Ceiling - Blancmange
  • The Walk - The Cure
  • Only You - Yazoo
Week Four: Leading Ladies
My favourite theme from previous seasons, setlist includes all songs with female vocals.
  • Hard Times - Paramore
  • Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless
  • Burning Gold - Christina Perri
  • Eternal Flame - The Bangles
  • Respect - Aretha Franklin
Week Five: It's Called Rock Band... Not "Country Band"
A dig at all the angry commenters of the Facebook group that complain when challenges and DLC don't conform to their idea of what Rock Band music should be (they particularly hate country).
Setlist includes a compromise of all songs from the genres: ROCK, CLASSIC ROCK, COUNTRY, BLUES, and SOUTHERN ROCK.
  • Man! I Feel Like a Woman - Shania Twain
  • 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
  • Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
  • Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
  • Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
Week Six: Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
Setlist includes all songs that have famously sampled other songs.
  • Crazy in Love - Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z
  • Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
  • Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
  • Hung Up - Madonna
  • Ghost Train - Gorillaz
Week Seven: Killer Harmonies
Setlist includes songs that are awesome for harmonising (actual duet and trio songs).
  • Bang Bang - Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
  • Rainy Days and Mondays - The Carpenters
  • Planet Hell - Nightwish
  • Summer Nights - Grease
  • Hips Don't Lie - Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean
Week Eight: All Songs Week
These weeks are always fun and it's an excuse for me to slap 5 random requests here:
  • Momentz - Gorillaz
  • Uprising - Muse
  • Wish I Had an Angel - Nightwish
  • (One of Those) Crazy Girls - Paramore
  • Schadenfreude - Aesthetic Perfection

Comments

• @Obsidian That is a very Nice list of songs. :)

I like all 8 of your weeks and the songs you've chosen. Such nice choices (I would be ecstatic if we ever got any songs from Grease (One of my favorite 1970s Musical Films of all time (John Travolta is not only a talented actor, but also a talented singer as well), Especially You're The One That I Want).

I would like to see Harmonix do a week with songs from famous movies, since we have a couple of songs from certain movies as DLC and On-Disc. And these would be the five songs I would chose for my all movie songs week.
    - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want (Grease)
    - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    - Go West - The King of Wishful Thinking (Oh, Pretty Woman)
    - Rusted Root - Send Me On The Way (Ice Age (The song was made before the movie, but the song is associated with the movie)
    - Shakira - Try Everything (Zootopia)

As for the top 3 songs I would like to see from your list. I would love to see Born To Run, Hard Times, and 99 Luftballons (Both the original and the popular cover made by Goldfinger). Immigrant Song would've replaced Hard Times, if only Jimmy Page didn't voiced his disapproval for Guitar Rhythm games. But as I said before, I like your list, and I hope you like my Week Theme.

P.S: Are you on Playstation, by any chance? And if so, is PSN ID called Ob-Si-Di-An? (If so, it's me, GMSD420 from your crew. Just posting to say hi and voicing my liking for your song choices.) :)
  • I've posted about challenge/spotlight ideas in the past, but thanks for bringing up the idea again!!

Option 1: Troll The Vox, part #28382 - Play songs that don't have freestyle vocals available. Too many options to list here.

[sarcasm]
    Option 2: Troll Andy - Play one of the [extreme sarcasm] massive [/extreme sarcasm] library of 142 songs that I have gold stars on vox on.
    * Tonic, "If You Could Only See"
    * Hypernova, "Viva La Resistance"
    * Jefferson Starship, "Jane"
    [/sarcasm]

On a less sarcastic note... Option 3: Let @Delibird444 pick the next challenge!!!

• Are you on Playstation, by any chance? And if so, is PSN ID called Ob-Si-Di-An? (If so, it's me, GMSD420 from your crew. Just posting to say hi and voicing my liking for your song choices.) :)

Well hi there xD Yes it's me :)

I would like to see Harmonix do a week with songs from famous movies, since we have a couple of songs from certain movies as DLC and On-Disc. And these would be the five songs I would chose for my all movie songs week.
    - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want (Grease)
    - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    - Go West - The King of Wishful Thinking (Oh, Pretty Woman)
    - Rusted Root - Send Me On The Way (Ice Age (The song was made before the movie, but the song is associated with the movie)
    - Shakira - Try Everything (Zootopia)

Ahhh this is a theme I considered too, and Try Everything would've been on top of the list xD
    I was also thinking:
    • Why Should I Worry - Billy Joel (Oliver & Company)

As for the top 3 songs I would like to see from your list. I would love to see Born To Run, Hard Times, and 99 Luftballons (Both the original and the popular cover made by Goldfinger). Immigrant Song would've replaced Hard Times, if only Jimmy Page didn't voiced his disapproval for Guitar Rhythm games. But as I said before, I like your list, and I hope you like my Week Theme.

Ugh people who "disapprove" of rhythm games need to get over themselves, you would only be making more money and reaching a wider audience. Perhaps even providing a stepping stone into learning an instrument, pfft. Whatever.

Like your picks :)

((I think we should already give up for this week's challenge btw. We are too far behind, even if we caught up on the grind, the Spotlight score will drag us down too much. A shame because I enjoyed the theme!))