Does Anybody Else Host Home Rock Band Parties?

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    One note, you can already hide songs rated 1 out of 5.
  • djb5f1 said:

Ah I wasn't super clear in my previous post.

What I meant was that I know that feature exists but I can't trust it because of the problem with song ratings getting messed up when you scroll through the list, because they are rated with Left and Right instead of a face button.

Right now I could hide a whole bunch of songs with the tool, even though I have never actively rated a song on RB4.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Gotcha, makes sense and yes happens to me too.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Plus it would be a lot more serviceable if you could filter by ratings. That way I could 5* all the "slam dunk party hits", 4* the "likely known rock/metal" songs, 3* the "alternative and whatever" songs that some people should like, and maybe 2* the "hard core songs that most people don't know but friends a/b/c all love to play or sing". Then since they are filters I could bring up a tailored list of songs that people could still sort with all the usual option.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

You can hide them, but if you use shows mode, it won't exclude them. It'll still draw from your 1-rated songs in assigning choices and outcomes from shows mode, even if you have them rated 1 and set to hidden.
  • Yep, I usually have 5-6 people over and we rotate out depending on who wants to sing what generally. Always a laugh and always popular.
  • JudokaJudoka Unsigned
    I've only ever practiced by myself or played with between 2 and 7 or 8 other people in person. I've never played online and never really had any interest. RB has always seemed to me like a game you can play on your own to hone your skills or play in a group of people in person like a party game.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Sooooo... a change was just made to RB4 filtering by adding current challenge songs as a filter option.

Was any of the filter logic for all the other options updated to make them useable? Specifically, has "no options selected" been modified to mean "show all songs" because "show no songs" is stupid behavior for this state?

As a reminder, this small change to make RB4 filtering act like virtually every other filter scheme ever implemented in any other game or software product would allow you to play only "Alternative" genre songs with one click instead of having to issue 23 clicks to de-select every other genre that isn't "Alternative. And it would also allow you to get back to showing all your songs again with only one click instead of 23 more to select every single other genre.
  • JudokaJudoka Unsigned
    One thing I did notice a couple weeks ago was that I couldn't find an option in quickplay to sort by date acquired or newest songs or something. I thought that used to be an option but couldn't find it. It was really nice when buying a month's worth of DLC to be able to sort it and try out the new tunes without scrolling through the whole lot to find them. Is that option really gone or did I just somehow miss it?
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act

I'm curious if anyone else hosts actual living people at their homes for face-to-face full-band Rock Band Parties. I do it on a semi-regular basis, about 3 to 6 times per year. I'm getting ready to have another one next month for my birthday, and I usually sound like a broken record afterwards asking for minor game update tweaks to enhance the local full-band experience.

Which got me wondering: does anybody else even do this? I'm guessing not, and that makes my requests low-priority because it's just me. That's how it's supposed to work.

My biggest issues with my non-RB-elite/non-hard-core-gamer crowd are the following:

• Song Selection:
      --> What do you do?
      -->
    • Filters:
    • Band Leader:
    Thanks for listening again.
    Ok, so here's how I handle it.

For song selection, we tend to just use either the show mode or tour mode because then not everything is a giant cluster perusing through my library as I also have a very large one...

And usually we don't run into too many problems because the singer either "deals with it" or we do a quick instrument swap if someone volunteers to instead sing the song that the vocalist is complaining about....it also helps us that sometimes we have 5-6 people so a backup vocalist also can offer to take over lead.

As far as filters go, I usually only apply those if someone wants to peg into a certain genre or era or to sometimes screw around with people and only allow the more difficult songs

Agree 1000% on the band leader thing as its incredibly frustrating every single time we have to yell at someone to stop hitting buttons
  • chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
    Man I totally agree about the need for a "Band Leader" feature addition and changing the filters to operate like every other filter system around. These are sorely needed updates that would enhance the Quick Play mode which is the main mode I play in Rock Band.