The Track Pack game

Comments

• Scratching Your Head: Songs that raise puzzling questions in the listener's mind

1. "Twilight Zone" - Golden Earring (Why does the narration change from 1st to 3rd person in mid-verse?)
    2. "Human" - The Killers (Are we human or are we...dancer?)
    3. "I Am the Walrus" - The Beatles (Everything!)
    4. "Miracles" - Insane Clown Posse (**** magnets, how do they work?)
    5. "No Church in the Wild" - Jay-Z and Kanye West (What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a god? What's a god to a non-believer?)
    6. "Space Oddity" - David Bowie (Maj. Tom says to "tell my wife I love her very much" -- why didn't anyone at ground control notice this as a sign he was about to do something potentially suicidal?)
    7. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana ("A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido" ... Huh?)
    8. "Still Breathing" - Green Day ("As I walked out on the ledge/Are you scared to death to live" Where's the end of the first line? Also, why did he interrupt said line in 2nd person?)
    9. "Monopoly on Truth" - Epica ("There's never an absolute" - what, absolutely never?)
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    Scratching Your Head: Songs that raise puzzling questions in the listener's mind

1. "Twilight Zone" - Golden Earring (Why does the narration change from 1st to 3rd person in mid-verse?)
    4. "Miracles" - Insane Clown Posse (**** magnets, how do they work?)
    5. "No Church in the Wild" - Jay-Z and Kanye West (What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a god? What's a god to a non-believer?)
    6. "Space Oddity" - David Bowie (Maj. Tom says to "tell my wife I love her very much" -- why didn't anyone at ground control notice this as a sign he was about to do something potentially suicidal?)
    7. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana ("A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido" ... Huh?)
    8. "Still Breathing" - Green Day ("As I walked out on the ledge/Are you scared to death to live" Where's the end of the first line? Also, why did he interrupt said line in 2nd person?)
    9. "Monopoly on Truth" - Epica ("There's never an absolute" - what, absolutely never?)
    10. "You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta" - Linkin Park (Okay, so I "ain't gotsta gotsta" do what?)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited February 7
    Scratching Your Head: Songs that raise puzzling questions in the listener's mind

4. "Miracles" - Insane Clown Posse (****ing magnets, how do they work?)
    10. "You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta" - Linkin Park (Okay, so I "ain't gotsta gotsta" do what?)
    11. "Maker" - Sutherland Brothers & Quiver (The whole song is incoherent word soup)

11. "Maker" - Sutherland Brothers & Quiver (The whole song is incoherent word soup)
    12. "Glass Onion" - The Beatles (Okay, is this a legit answer or are they screwing with us some more?)

12. "Glass Onion" - The Beatles (Okay, is this a legit answer or are they screwing with us some more?)
    13. "Baby" - Suburban Lawns ("Popular cig is really just on cringe")
  • Scratching Your Head: Songs that raise puzzling questions in the listener's mind

14. "How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths ("when you say it’s gonna happen now, well, when exactly do you mean?")

14. "How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths ("when you say it’s gonna happen now, well, when exactly do you mean?")
    15. "Are We Ourselves?" - The Fixx (General existential crisis stuff.)

16. "One Way or Another" - Blondie (After spending half the song chasing him, why does she suddenly want to get away from him?)

16. "One Way or Another" - Blondie (After spending half the song chasing him, why does she suddenly want to get away from him?)
    17. "Are 'Friends' Electric?" - Tubeway Army (The title itself)

18. "War" - Edwin Starr (What is it good for?)

19. "What Is Love" - Haddaway (Again, the title itself)
  • Radiohead97Radiohead97 Rising Star

19. "What Is Love" - Haddaway (Again, the title itself)
    20. "Goliath" - The Mars Volta (or any song by The Mars Volta)

The Eponymous Track Pack (Challenge Mode): Songs from a band's eponymous album that isn't their debut
    1. "Story of My Life" - Social Distortion (3rd album)
    The Eponymous Track Pack (Challenge Mode): Songs from a band's eponymous album that isn't their debut

2. "Your Life Is a Lie" - MGMT (3rd album)
  • The Eponymous Track Pack (Challenge Mode): Songs from a band's eponymous album that isn't their debut

3. "Wherever I May Roam" - Metallica (5th album)

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

4. "A Little Piece of Heaven" - Avenged Sevenfold (4th album)
  • The Eponymous Track Pack (Challenge Mode): Songs from a band's eponymous album that isn't their debut

5. "Obvious" - blink-182 (5th album)

6. "Dangerous" - Def Leppard (11th Album)

6. "Dangerous" - Def Leppard (11th album)
    7. "Sh*tty Future" - The Bronx (2nd album)

I'm assuming bands that have like 10 self-titled albums count, as long as it isn't the first one.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited February 14

8. "A Praise Chorus" - Jimmy Eat World (4th album)

This album was released as Bleed American, but it was retitled as Jimmy Eat World after the 9/11 attacks. It’s gone back to being known as Bleed American, but I assume it still counts because it was self-titled at some point in time.

Also, do numbered self-titled albums count? Think Led Zeppelin II or the many Chicago albums.
  • CanuckGamerCanuckGamer Road Warrior

9. "Revolution" - The Beatles (10th Album)

9. "Revolution" - The Beatles (10th album)
    10. "Thank God for Girls" - Weezer (10th album)

11. "Now" - Paramore (4th album)

12. "Drunk in Love" - Beyoncé (5th album)

13. "That’s All" - Genesis (12th album)

14. "Abandon" - Backyard Babies (6th album)

15. "Lips Like Sugar" - Echo & the Bunnymen (5th album)

16. "You Need a Hero" - Pages (3rd album)

17. "Cruel Summer" - Bananarama (2nd album)

18. "Home by the Sea" - Genesis (12th album)

18. "Home by the Sea" - Genesis (12th album)
    19. "Come Undone" - Duran Duran (7th album)