Major bug: Rockband Rivals BROKE lefty drum switches for PRO mode

Comments

• spe2800spe2800 Unsigned
    Still not fixed,come on harmonix!!! I have been a fan of harmonix since the first rock band. I've purchased all rock band games, ive bought 1,500 dlc, ive bought band in a box bundles for RB1,2 and 3, an e kit and to many accessories to name here. I don't name all this stuff to brag only to show how much joy harmonix has given me since 2008 that it's been worth the investment to a franchise I hold near and dear to my heart. We've been givin the same dang answer for months now that your looking into it. The least you could do is just tell us the truth that leftys are in the minority so no big hurry. Like another person mentioned if this was a right handed issue it would be fixed sooner than later. Sorry harmonix but I had to get this off my chest.
  • So another update/bug fix has passed us by and still nothing that fixes the lefty flip glitch on drums.

Are HMX doing anything at all to fix this?

• So another update/bug fix has passed us by and still nothing that fixes the lefty flip glitch on drums.

Are HMX doing anything at all to fix this?
  • This is the reply I got back in Feb when they said they are closing the ticket. I read it as this will never be fixed, but I could be wrong.

Hello Jim, thank you for reporting the issue you are experiencing with your controller.

​I have forwarded this to our technical team for further investigation.

Unfortunately i am unable to give you a time frame for this at present.

If we need any further information, we will reach out and let you know.

Thanks for being a fan, and for your continued patience
  • I need to get off my *** and set up my kit righty once and for all. I'll suck for a while, but maybe I'll be a better drummer in the long run...hahaha.
  • This is the reply I got back in Feb when they said they are closing the ticket. I read it as this will never be fixed, but I could be wrong.

Hello Jim, thank you for reporting the issue you are experiencing with your controller.

​I have forwarded this to our technical team for further investigation.

Unfortunately i am unable to give you a time frame for this at present.

If we need any further information, we will reach out and let you know.

Thanks for being a fan, and for your continued patience

I submitted a new ticket the other day and received exactly the same reply.

@ThatDrunkGuy now they moved it to the support forum i believe @HMXOwl and harmonix are trying to hide the fact it's not going to be fixed at all.
  • Created an account solely to bump this post.

I’m actually left-handed, and until I saw this post I thought it was all in my head. I even bought a new Band-in-a-Box solely to get a rivals-era drum kit.

Submitted my own ticket linking this post, thanks for proving I’m not actually crazy!!
  • waxparrotwaxparrot Unsigned
    This has been annoying me more lately with the update to Rivals meaning I'm taking the scoring a little more seriously.

This was a problem in RB3. I only got RB4 with Rivals a year ago when I got a PDP adaptor for my e-drums so I'm surprised they fixed it then broke it again!

I believe the problem is something along the lines of only so many Xbox buttons (don't know if it happens on PS) are available to be mapped to and the game converts a red cymbal hit into a green button press (if you hit the red cymbal in the RB menu screen you can see it's registered as a green hit). So when you hit the red cymbal and green snare at the same time the game interprets it as 2 green hits and ignores one. Hit them slightly off (either on purpose or by accident) and they both register.

I'm sure it only affects pro-drumming. If the option's still there you can switch off the red cymbal and change the cymbal's midi note to match the red tom and play that way.

I did have a Raspberry Pi intercepting the midi signal and delaying the hit if it was red and green close together, which did improve my hit rate, but I don't thing I'm a good enough programmer to make it fool proof (if there's any python programmers out there who want a challenge, let me know).

I don't know if Harmonix could do something similar. The game would know you were a leftie, so a few lines of code to delay a note if the red cymbal and green snare are received within a certain time window of each other (I'm sure it's easy!).
  • Best news of my life! Now I'll have to untrain myself from playing the notes intentionally staggered for 2 years haha.
  • So this was working great at first. Then the song pausing issue came along. Now that’s fixed. So I decided to start drumming again after spending weeks just playing guitar. Last night this bug was back in full force . . . Red cymbal green pad would register about 3 out of 10 times. Sigh. Maybe time to put them back in the closet for good. Don’t understand how something that was fixed could become unfixed.

Just to make sure I switched to right mode and tried the same combo and it’s not a hardware issue.

Anyone else seeing this bug back on PS4?