WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• Witticus said:

I’m glad we’ve all opened this dialog about how sh***y daylight savings time is.

It works in an agrarian society - that's why Benjamin Franklin was the first one to push it in Colonial America, because, well, most of the country was rural. It functioned perfectly well for the hours most people had to work on farm jobs and the like. Now, when you apply that to an urbanized industrial society... PAIN, SUFFERING, AND AGONY.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    That’s really the issue with a lot of historical lines of thinking. Just because something worked in the past, doen’t mean it’ll work now. For instance we should have weekend voting, so most people don’t have to take a day off from work. Its only on tuesday because archaic traditions like daylight savings time.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I'm enjoying not celebrating DST here, it's wonderful
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I like having it be light when I leave work. I wind up staying at work until 8pm pretty much all winter. That way, when I leave work and it's dark out: well, of course it is, it's 8pm! If I were to leave at 5, it would already be dark, and that just feels WRONG. like the end of times is upon us. But it's dark in the morning now, right? Eh, that's OK, because OF COURSE mornings suck and nothing can help. And having the sun come up at 4:30am in the summer is a total waste: save it for the night time, when I'm actually awake.

So apparently they made DST just for me. Cool. I'm outvoted though, I completely understand that, and if there's a vote to get rid of it I wouldn't veto the motion. If, for some reason, I had veto power.

On a slightly related note: I hope all of the people in the DC area that hate snow realize how lucky they are that we are getting skipped YET AGAIN by a big storm. We live in a Snow Hole. Seriously, look at the forecast for snow amounts: people to the north are getting a lot, of course. But also people to our east and west ... and to the south! It's like there is a protective dome over us. And yet, the people that hate snow, do they express their thanks, do they acknowledge that fate has blessed them with an unlikely but favorable outcome? No. They are too busy complaining about the Lost Hour.
    I feel you greatly misunderstand when sunrise is. On the longest day of the year sunrise in my area Southeast US, is around 6:20 on the shortest day its like 7:30 (8:30 adjusted) Never does it get close 430 sunrise...
    I must have been thinking of Belgium.
    And / or exaggerating? Just slightly.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Meanwhile, wasn't expecting Duolingo to suddenly start getting all philosophical and s***.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Can we get a Frankenfurter Shark? Or maybe a Riff Raff Shark decked out in his Buck Dharma clothes when he takes command?
    I’ll see what I can do
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Worldwide DST gets even weirder. For a few weeks, the UK and the East Coast are only 4 hours apart while we wait for British Summer Time to kick in.
  • Fun fact: Chris Martin’s great-grandfather is William Willet.

So yeah, another reason to make a Coldplay joke!
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited March 12
    (for DST)

(for Tuesday Voting)

Fun fact: Chris Martin’s great-grandfather is William Willet.

So yeah, another reason to make a Coldplay joke!

This sounded beyond crazy, and I cannot believe this is true. The family just creates mediocre people with too much influence.
    That’s amazing news @firedoom666 your new company is about to find out how lucky a find you are!
  • One: yay @firedoom666!

Two: I believe Willet’s acutally the great-great grandfather. Still, they’re related.

The mediocrity keeps going Up & Up, I take it no one wanted Something Just Like This.
  • A few months ago, I took a bus to the capital of the country to see an Andy Warhol art exposition. Today's shark rules, @Witticus.

At least I didn't get stranded at the terminal like the first time...
  • Congratulations @firedoom666 !!! :)
    The Warhol Museum is in Pittsburgh: highly recommended!
    He was a Pack Rat like me.
    Hah! Thanks for the Shark I didn't request. I still have the Sneak Preview one that you sent me weeks ago [made shortly after Tron Shark, and in a similar style], that one is in no way personalized but still pretty cool. I thought of using that one as my avatar at one point, but it would be Wrong to do that before you have officially unveiled the Shark. Or is that going to turn out to be a reject Shark? A Secret Shark?

I have never seen "The Room", and I guess by now it's too late. And it's not my style to laugh at incompetence.
    I watched some of the video of him dressed up as the Joker. Whoa. Yeah, I get why he's fascinating to others. Someone else should snag this as their avatar.

Great Shark picture, for sure. Despite never having seen his movie, I knew exactly who this was, right away. That's good art.
    That shark, I actually keep forgetting to use because its in the bottom of my google drive... There are a lot of Sharks on that drive. I kind of hope I can use it if we ever get a new wave song for dlc again, but I might just release it tomorrow instead.

But yeah, you are free to use your exclusive shark!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

... today was my first day at my new job

outstanding! Hey, congrats - we all know it's been a struggle, so we're genuinely happy to hear about this :)
  • Thanks for all the congratulations! I am working as a programmer for a local school district. Judging from the first day it seems pretty nice, like I have my own office which I never had before.

What a fun job! Hope it continues being a great job for you <3
  • Witticus said:

“Oh Hai Mark Shark”

Oh Hai Shark
    Wildcat15 said:

Witticus said:

“Oh Hai Mark Shark”

Oh Hai Shark
    That is the actual file name. Couldn't decide how obscure I wanted to go. Since Meat said Hello Nurse, I figured it'd be nice to At least fill out the real name, if that makes any sense.
  • The cast of The Room as sharks is something I didn’t know I wanted until now
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    well, hello friends